Current time: 05-23-2024, 08:24 AM
Why are Ravens so scarce outside Japan?
clonezero Wrote:a big EB ala PACT that'll get attention ... but it'll cost us so maybe a few contacts with other groups( ... like ... aaah ... street fighter fans...) who also have the sme problem and a pooling of resources it could work ... but it'll be damn hard...

but for something we can do more easily well we could arrange our next PACT at a small public venue and just announce it to any AC fan we know ... we could charge a small entrance fee to help cover the cost.

we can make this our group project ... XD

This is actually one of the next things being thought up. Rick already pointed out to me a place in Cubao where other people can see what we're doing, hopefully get more exposure and entice more people to play the game.

Was it by chance that I was re-reading the PACT I thread last night? I don't think so. I found this post by Jon:

J.E Wrote:pagpatuloy nyo lang yan para lalong sumikat, later on may mag isponsor na dyan, naka advetise pa sa dyaryo.....etc....
the number of participants is looking good, sana dumami pa. and congrats to the top three.

A sponsored tourney would be nice. Ibig sabihin nun, may prizes. Of course there will be an entrance fee most likely, but the point is there will be an actual something to fight for, aside from our usual prize of bragging rights. Also, being sponsored means having some sort of an official feel to our group, and may grab the attention of other players (casual or hardcore) to play the game within the context of how we play it (that is, PvP tournaments).

Actually, I'm thinking about starting this through establishing ties with the model kit and hobby shops that we all visit and buy from, maybe get some advertising from them here in exchange for discounts, advertising us on their spaces, greater visibility, etc.

In the end though, I still realize that Armored Core is a cult-favorite, a type of game that caters only to a specific niche of gamers. So we need to start small, and grow slowly but surely.

Messages In This Thread
Why are Ravens so scarce outside Japan? - by NiX - 11-09-2007, 01:00 PM
RE: Why are Ravens so scarce outside Japan? - by Grim - 11-19-2007, 07:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Unkindness of Ravens NiX 59 68,525 02-09-2023, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  Calling all Ravens Deemer 0 3,500 08-14-2013, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Deemer
  Ever wonder the history behind these other ravens? Tadakatsu1Honda 8 10,526 09-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Zefyr