Current time: 04-20-2024, 09:57 PM
Why are Ravens so scarce outside Japan?
Sa totoo lang madami din naman ang ravens pero hindi lang well organized gaya sa japan or even in the US.

At ayan naka link na tayo sa moonlightsword- ibig sabihin medyo kilala na etong community natin.
[Image: RRBANNA.jpg]
Yeah I think Mix arranged for that. Pati sa wikipedia, naka-list na rin tayo.
Yeah I'm doing what I can, but if you have friends or know people who are even marginally into the game, then pointing them to the complete URL would help. Or just tell them to Google "raven republic".
san tayo nasama sa wiki di ko na try ko i search pero wala. nilagay ko raven republic
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

If you look at the entry for "Armored Core", sa pinakababa, kasama tayo sa listed AC communities
aaah okay nice ty

Sa friendster andaming pinoy na naglalaro ng AC kaso ayaw sumali sa forums. LOL.
oo nga goat panu kaya natin sila mapasali d2?
if you know yourself and your enemy you will never fear the results of a hundred battles if you know yourself but not the enemy for every victory you will suffer a defeat if you dont know yourself neither your enemy you will lose at every battle.<br />sun tzu, the art of war
a big EB ala PACT that'll get attention ... but it'll cost us so maybe a few contacts with other groups( ... like ... aaah ... street fighter fans...) who also have the sme problem and a pooling of resources it could work ... but it'll be damn hard...

but for something we can do more easily well we could arrange our next PACT at a small public venue and just announce it to any AC fan we know ... we could charge a small entrance fee to help cover the cost.

we can make this our group project ... XD

clonezero Wrote:a big EB ala PACT that'll get attention ... but it'll cost us so maybe a few contacts with other groups( ... like ... aaah ... street fighter fans...) who also have the sme problem and a pooling of resources it could work ... but it'll be damn hard...

but for something we can do more easily well we could arrange our next PACT at a small public venue and just announce it to any AC fan we know ... we could charge a small entrance fee to help cover the cost.

we can make this our group project ... XD

This is actually one of the next things being thought up. Rick already pointed out to me a place in Cubao where other people can see what we're doing, hopefully get more exposure and entice more people to play the game.

Was it by chance that I was re-reading the PACT I thread last night? I don't think so. I found this post by Jon:

J.E Wrote:pagpatuloy nyo lang yan para lalong sumikat, later on may mag isponsor na dyan, naka advetise pa sa dyaryo.....etc....
the number of participants is looking good, sana dumami pa. and congrats to the top three.

A sponsored tourney would be nice. Ibig sabihin nun, may prizes. Of course there will be an entrance fee most likely, but the point is there will be an actual something to fight for, aside from our usual prize of bragging rights. Also, being sponsored means having some sort of an official feel to our group, and may grab the attention of other players (casual or hardcore) to play the game within the context of how we play it (that is, PvP tournaments).

Actually, I'm thinking about starting this through establishing ties with the model kit and hobby shops that we all visit and buy from, maybe get some advertising from them here in exchange for discounts, advertising us on their spaces, greater visibility, etc.

In the end though, I still realize that Armored Core is a cult-favorite, a type of game that caters only to a specific niche of gamers. So we need to start small, and grow slowly but surely.
And know that if we don't start, no one else will. -_-

Actually preference ko na kung tayu-tayo lang, wala nang prize money or whatever. If even may entrance fee, pambayad na lang sa host (e.g. Jake/Jake's mom) or para sa pagkain. Pero if it's to lure new players, okay sa akin.

Problema lang is that many Filipino casual gamers aren't the type to bother with forums either.

EDIT: But yes, our best hope for growth is to make tie-ups with other local gaming communities.

Ano ba mga local gaming forums?

http://invisionfree.com/forums/gamerzaibatsu
http://www.otakuzine-mag.com/messageboard/ >_<
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Remaining/index.php
http://www.pinoypsx.com/

etc

(i don't post in any of those kaya i don't know how those communities are. googled lang)

Start with us linking to them and them linking to us? We need other Filipinos to know that we exist.

EDIT 2:

Wow in fairness nasa first page na tayo ng google when you type "Pinoy ravens"

Ironically, ang nasa first entry, is wanzerfreak's signature sa gamespot forums that links to us.

EDIT 3:

Ang kailangan din natin dito sa RR, mga nagpo-post na kahit hindi naglalaro ng AC... para mas buhay lang yung board. >_< Well huwag naman sana parang ACG, pero that's the idea hahah
NiX Wrote:And know that if we don't start, no one else will. -_-

Actually preference ko na kung tayu-tayo lang, wala nang prize money or whatever. If even may entrance fee, pambayad na lang sa host (e.g. Jake/Jake's mom) or para sa pagkain. Pero if it's to lure new players, okay sa akin.

I'm actually not really hot on this idea because I'm lazy to commute to other venues! LOL I also think that the community size is fine now as it is. Besides, if ever there's a tournament, Rick will probably just roll over the extra competition (na hindi pa sanay sa pvp), and then go to sleep on a couch. Nix will probably do the same, and then go "...meh".

What I'm more interested in seeing within these forums are dedicated players that I can relate to, and the community as a whole. I'm of the opinion that if other people are interested enough in RR, they'll find it on their own. We're not a business trying to sell people stuff, nor an NGO that's trying to save the world (one gamer at a time, lol).

For example! If the RR forums turns into a copy of LUG forums complete with text speak, I'll disappear. xD

Quote:EDIT: But yes, our best hope for growth is to make tie-ups with other local gaming communities.

Ano ba mga local gaming forums?

http://invisionfree.com/forums/gamerzaibatsu
http://www.otakuzine-mag.com/messageboard/ >_<
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Remaining/index.php
http://www.pinoypsx.com/

Never heard of any of these forums either, though I know Filipino participation in /b/ and demonoid are high? Shifty

Quote:Ang kailangan din natin dito sa RR, mga nagpo-post na kahit hindi naglalaro ng AC... para mas buhay lang yung board. >_< Well huwag naman sana parang ACG, pero that's the idea hahah

YES! Now, everyone go post on the codename cute thread!
What's the LUG forum? >_<
sforzando Wrote:I also think that the community size is fine now as it is. Besides, if ever there's a tournament, Rick will probably just roll over the extra competition (na hindi pa sanay sa pvp), and then go to sleep on a couch. Nix will probably do the same, and then go "...meh".

Well that's the other side of the story, given that it's within the context of our vicinity. What I hope to accomplish by making us known is to make RR a hub for other players in other parts of the country. Remember that Luzon and specifically Quezon City, does not hold the monopoly of Pinoy AC players, although as far as I can tell we do have the most number thereof. In the future I'd like to see other leaders from other places like Cebu, Davao, step up and take charge of their own locales, hosting this and that. And of course, use this place as a means of communication. We do, why can't they?

Also, while Rick currently has a very solid grip on that number one spot, remember the case of Achilles: nobody knew who he was when he came to MoC, but he then proceeded to blow everyone out of the water and take everyone by surprise. You never know, baka may tatalo pala kay Rick diyan.

Quote:What I'm more interested in seeing within these forums are dedicated players that I can relate to, and the community as a whole. I'm of the opinion that if other people are interested enough in RR, they'll find it on their own. We're not a business trying to sell people stuff, nor an NGO that's trying to save the world (one gamer at a time, lol).

Getting more people in means having more chances of finding players with which you share the same interests. But first and foremost, they have to come here. And to do that, they have to know about our existence. Which necessitates advertising, etc., because even if many Pinoys play AC, our number of registered members suggest that they don't know where to find us. Collateral benefits lang yung discounts and so on. I'm not about to make them the central part (or perk, as the case may be) of being a member of RR.

So no, we're not a business lol. We're just trying to get more people to build this community with.

Quote:For example! If the RR forums turns into a copy of LUG forums complete with text speak, I'll disappear. xD

God I hope not. On both counts.

I ask that all of us not be afraid of a little expansion. It doesn't always mean a bad thing, although sometimes it leads to that. (lower member quality, for one). Kaya nga we'll need to grow slowly, building on good posts and all that jazz.

But yeah, NiX brought up quite the problem:

NiX Wrote:Problema lang is that many Filipino casual gamers aren't the type to bother with forums either.

Experience does support this. Sana makaachieve tayo ng tamang balance ng perks of being part of the community as well as the knowledge gained from playing other people. Enough to make new people stay and make them eager to learn, but not to expect too many freebies.

Haha I just laid out the "Grand Plan". LOL
Mix Wrote:So no, we're not a business lol. We're just trying to get more people to build this community with.

We're not a business indeed. Maybe more like a religion. (LOL)

Kaya nga a good place to advertise is with other gaming forums kasi at least sila, alam mong familiar sila sa forums to begin with. Maybe other Filipino Mecha communities din. Those that are interested in Gundam will most likely be interested in Armored Core (initially, anyway).

And since I think AC:LR is already a rare commodity, should we start giving away free copies? Hahah I don't mind shelling out money for some dvd-rs.

EDIT: Again, what's LUG? >_<

Oh, and wow we're talking about AC! Big grin

EDIT 2:

I for one am definitely for expanding RR. As it is, we only have around what, 10? members that actively post? Quality is high, yes, but we definitely need more people for this to survive.

We also need to offer a bit more than just Armored Core if we want to last as a community in general.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Unkindness of Ravens NiX 59 67,876 02-09-2023, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  Calling all Ravens Deemer 0 3,478 08-14-2013, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Deemer
  Ever wonder the history behind these other ravens? Tadakatsu1Honda 8 10,428 09-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Zefyr