Current time: 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
[OLD] Updates.
(10-14-2009, 08:10 PM)Shintetsu Wrote: Yeah, exactly what we needed. Let's see if any bots get through Big grin

Unfortunately, they do. Sad

I checked the support forums of our board software today, and it seems these "logical" posting bots are a growing problem everywhere. For now, I've resorted to banning the whole domain (@sify.com) which some of these spammers use in their sign-up email, but that won't stop the other, bigger domain from which they come from: @gmail.com

Shoot. Firefighting is the only thing we can do for now, it seems. Banning whole IP ranges still seems a bit too drastic for me since we can still keep it under control.
Mix, baka yung lumang 'captcha' yung ginagamit mo, they'll find it easy to work around that. Have you seen/tried reCAPTCHA?
(10-15-2009, 07:44 PM)Shintetsu Wrote: Mix, baka yung lumang 'captcha' yung ginagamit mo, they'll find it easy to work around that. Have you seen/tried reCAPTCHA?

That's the exact one I used. LOL
I vaguely remember an old captcha system back then. Anyway, mukha namang wala pang bots na nakakapasok for now.
Hi guys, please welcome a new mod for the new Destructive Designs section, Trace. Surprise! You're a mod! Big grin
Welcome aboard, matey! We be settin' sail ta new ports with ye on the crew. The boss runs a tight ship but i'ze figures ye know how ta pull yer own weight, savvy?

Now bring me that horizon. Big grin
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(10-26-2009, 03:06 PM)Grim Wrote: Hi guys, please welcome a new mod for the new Destructive Designs section, Trace. Surprise! You're a mod! Big grin

Blink

I... I dunno what to say. ^__^U Thanks? I'm not sure if I'll be of much help because I can't really post much these days thanks to work restrictions.

I'll try to do my best. Sophie
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
Congrats Trace!
Added new smiley (the crazy) as per Jake's timely suggestion:

Crazy
Sakit sa mata. Ahaha
'Signatures are overrated.'
tripping balls......
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
Boys and girls, please welcome two more new mods to help us survive this onslaught of bots.

Congrats on your new post, JiN and arch_angel. May your banhammers strike quick and true.
Hey congratulations to our new banlings. =D
Thank you very much to Grim.

We'll do our best. please be gentle, it's our first time Smile
(03-10-2011, 10:42 PM)arch_angel Wrote: Thank you very much to Grim.

We'll do our best. please be gentle, it's our first time Smile

Now, if only the bots could understand that.
'Signatures are overrated.'