Current time: 05-07-2024, 08:29 PM
HALP! Need easy costume
Okay here's the deal: A friend of mine is having a costume party for her birthday on September 30. I have NO IDEA what to go as. And since I'm pretty cheap, I don't wanna have to buy props. Can you folks suggest costumes that I EASILY make at home? It'll be even better if I could use everyday clothes.

It doesn't necessarily have to be an anime or video game character. If ever I do play as an anime or video game character, I would prefer it to be one that is recognizable even by non-otakus/non-gamers because the crowd won't be an otaku/gamer one.

P.S. Please don't suggest anything too outrageous. This party will be in Max's restaurant in Makati... so I don't wanna look too stupid. Hahah
um, if you want it cheap, you could dress as heero yui(green sando and cycling shorts)hehe LOL
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
go formal and then get a fake beard presto your sigmund freud ... the only problem is most people would probably avoid you >_<
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Sobrang pang-bahay naman yung dating nyan DT Smile)

You can always try the typical cowboy get-up or try famous movie hero icons such as Indiana Jones, James Bond, Han Solo, The Terminator (lol black jacket shirt, pants and shades with a red dot on one side Smile) )or Robin Hood. I think most of the materials you need are pretty easy to find at home.
Or just go all black with a black mask and tell them you're a walking lump of coal. Or better yet, a dark stormy night. Just bring a watergun for option though.

Guest: Hi... What are you today?
Nix: I'm a dark and stormy night.
Guest: Where's the storm?
Nix: Here (splashes guest with the water gun)

Ok...
I think option 2's not a good idea...
'Signatures are overrated.'
<!--QuoteBegin-clonezero+September 13, 2007 07:45 am--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (clonezero @ September 13, 2007 07:45 am)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> go formal and then get a fake beard presto your sigmund freud ... the only problem is most people would probably avoid you >_< [/quote:99f885e5fe]
Hahah not bad. The party will consist of psychology majors anyway. Tongue

Any other ideas?
lol a euro style formal attire is practically a multi faceted costume you can claim to be almost anyone from the field of science may it be freud, darwin, or einstein

each just have a little something to it that makes it unique
Freud > a tag that says " MALIBOG AKO!"
Darwin > ... uh what did the guy add in "Hitchciker's guide to the Galaxy???"
Einstein > Big white very disorderly wig...

man I have not yet sleeped... freaking Aaron Beck and his Cognitive Therapy ~_~
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Psychology Majors...
Dress like a madman?

Or yeah...
Einstein might be good.
'Signatures are overrated.'
So, the magic day has passed. What did you go as? Big grin
Hahaha yeah okay na. I'll link to some pictures when they become available.

I went as a vampire. White long sleeves, black pants and shoes, a vest, and a cape (yung pantakip 'pag nagpapagupit. LOL)
Boo! Heero Yuy would've been the bomb. Smile)
LOL well since this wasn't an otaku bunch, hardly any of them would have recognized such characters anyway.

[Image: DSC00766.jpg]
[Image: DSC00684.jpg]
[Image: blackjack.jpg]

I unintentionally ended up looking like Dr. Blackjack rather than Dracula. LOL My classmates wouldn't have recognized Blackjack anyway. Tongue Besides, I won the award for best costume, so I can't complain.
NiX Wrote:LOL well since this wasn't an otaku bunch, hardly any of them would have recognized such characters anyway.

Nah, it's more of the thought of going to a costume party wearing a green sando and cycling shorts. Smile)
Hey, that costume goes well with you. At least now you've got something to wear during Halloween and cosplays :p.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving an Interview (Halp?) Sforza 12 14,959 11-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Sforza