Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:33 AM
New Year's Resolutions!
Well this year I was able to shed a few pounds and my legs feel awesome right now. So lets see, umm.
My resolution is to stay on top of everything important, and to never set foot in my grandma's house ever again.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
Well it's not really a resolution, but I thought I'd share something that may help us all, whether we have specific goals or we just want 2014 to be better than 2013:

Done is better than perfect.
Time to really get more serious. Time to start thinking about the future.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(01-01-2014, 10:53 AM)Grim Wrote: Done is better than perfect.

Well said! Thee's always a compromise between the two, and I always try to get there.

To add, cut back on smoking and lose (more) weight. Progress!
New Year's Resolution for 2015
-procrastinate more
-don't exercise
-drawing skills should not improve
-remain single
-become miserable
last year's resolutions were all met, which wasn't a good thing in the larger scheme of things. so this year i'll just aim for more realistic stuff.

2016 Resolutions
-indulge my creative side
+finish all drawing requests
+explore clay modeling
+more oil pastel stuff
+make good use of the DSLR
+write more stories/do more world building
-get a job before june
-get a new laptop that can at least run LoL
-get a dakimakura of mah waifu
-get a new cellphone or tablet
-Save money.
-Restart getting stuff that I like
-Prolly get another alternative source of income
bleh~ wasn't able to stick to most of my resolutions this year ><

2016 Resolutions:
-indulge my creative side (yes for the first two months, then not so much once i started working again)
+finish all drawing requests (managed to clear all requests i had pending for 2015)
-explore clay modeling
-more oil pastel stuff (wasn't able to do these two since i focused on drawing)
-make good use of the DSLR (also wasn't able to do much photography since my niece needs the camera for schoolwork)
-write more stories/do more world building (again, focused on drawing so no stories, however i never did stop world building. i just didn't write my ideas down)
+get a job before june
+get a new laptop that can at least run LoL
+get a new cellphone or tablet (yes to all three)
-get a dakimakura of mah waifu (wasn't able to put away funds for this. i did get a small pillow with some of the mane 6 on it)

anyway, here are my goals for 2017:
1) complete my "One Year of Art" project (i will have my hair cut if i don't finish the project)
2) start taking drawing commissions
3) eke out a living by making art*
4) get fit

*one of the reasons i left my job in august was to see if i can make a career out of writing fiction and/or drawing (the other reason was burnout). if i do not meet this goal, then i surrender myself to the grind and find a job. worst case, i give up art altogether, tho most likely, i'll just keep it as a hobby.
(12-31-2016, 11:15 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: *one of the reasons i left my job in august was to see if i can make a career out of writing fiction and/or drawing (the other reason was burnout). if i do not meet this goal, then i surrender myself to the grind and find a job. worst case, i give up art altogether, tho most likely, i'll just keep it as a hobby.
Wouldn't recommend giving up art, just find a day job like most writers and artists do. Perhaps just treat fiction writing/ and drawing as a sideline until you build up a reputation and start making a decent living out of it.
--------------------------------------------

I've just read my post from 2012 and it still applies LOL

More 2017 resolutions to add to the misery:

- Find a full time/ part time employment instead of freelancing since I've barely made a living last year.
- Be more proud of what I can do. Humility is getting me nowhere.
- Find a way to work overseas. Preferably JPN since rent in Sidni is expensive.
1) complete my "One Year of Art" project (i will have my hair cut if i don't finish the project)
2) start taking drawing commissions
3) eke out a living by making art*
4) get fit

*one of the reasons i left my job in august was to see if i can make a career out of writing fiction and/or drawing (the other reason was burnout). if i do not meet this goal, then i surrender myself to the grind and find a job. worst case, i give up art altogether, tho most likely, i'll just keep it as a hobby.

so yeah, end result is i did get a haircut and i've pretty much given up on art. also wasnt able to get fit. on the up side, now i wont get distracted dreaming of a career in the arts, drawing, writing, or whatever.

not gonna set any resolutions for 2018 tho.
For this year bawas bawasan ang kakakain sa labas. Mag baon ng leftover or sandwich. Weekly spend kasi sa kakakain sa labas parang isang Master Grade kit na yun(with ems shipping).

P.S.
2017 was not a good year for me and I'm glad it is over.
Not a resolution, but follow through on the goal to get a car.

Seems that setting a goal as a "goal" is better than any resolution.
WALANG NANGYAYARI SA MGA RESOLOSYON KO KAYA DI NA KO GUMAGAWA NG GANYAN!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
huy wag ka na ninigaw!!
(01-10-2018, 06:56 PM)Mjting Wrote: huy wag ka na ninigaw!!

HINDI AKO SUMISIGAW. MAY TOPAK KASI YUNG KEYBOARD KO AT AYAW MAALIS NUNG CAPS LOCK.
(01-11-2018, 07:34 PM)Fox Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 06:56 PM)Mjting Wrote: huy wag ka na ninigaw!!

HINDI AKO SUMISIGAW. MAY TOPAK KASI YUNG KEYBOARD KO AT AYAW MAALIS NUNG CAPS LOCK.

WATTA COPOUT

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HAPPY NEW YEAR!! MALIGAYANG BAGONG TAON!! zero_kanipan 17 21,394 01-03-2011, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Serene