Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:53 AM
Armored Core: Verdict Day
Just thought I'd go ahead and randomly state this:

Thank you to Arrui and R.Leonhardt for all of their assistance in testing my AC in AC:VD, helping me go from a build that was good in ACV but was only decent in VD to a build that's on its way to being ready to fight. So far, my AC has accomplished one major astonishing feat: Surviving a piledriver hit from R.Leonhardt at point-blank range with 15k AP still left. Not only did I survive it, I survived it with nearly a third of my original AP. And I oughta say my defenses are even higher now that I've had the ability to tweak the AC more.

Of course, as good as the AC itself is becoming, I still need to shape up and gather my wits, start using Scan Mode as much as I used to and be a bit more risky, start using Boost Charges like I used to, speeding right into incoming fire for a good ol' kick. Anyone willing to help me train? Right now, the ACs in the story are a tad easy (but that's because I'm only at Mission 7 of the story, and the sub-missions before the OFFICIAL Mission 8), so I need a more competent foe than the story currently provides.

On a parting note, R took me to the final mission.

Typically, ACs in the story are like this for me:
Chair
Pretty easy for me.
Then Black Glint:
No no
And I get pretty screwed over, but not after putting up as much of a fight as I damn well could at my current skill.
Paging Zeph. Your UNACs are once again needed for training.

@White_Rain
I'll ask Zeph to send you a copy of his UNACs so you can practice. Believe me, they're tough to beat. I'll ask the other guys to go online if I catch you playing on the PSN app so we can have fun killing one another as teammates. LOL.

Oh, and R.Leonhardt also accompanied me on missions 7-1 to 10. He's cool like that.
[Image: 21.jpg]
Have you reached RANK A yet, White Rain? Try to reach it as soon as possible so that all parts will be available to you. I've been playing Ghosts recently and that's what's been taking up my game time, aside from Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together. R. Leonhardt is this team's super ace so he's sure to give you the best one on one AC combat training there is. Smile
I hope to see the new and improved Hyperion soon.

PSN ID: Arrui_La_Ferte
Suddenly, patches.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/armored-c...5005452734
Wielder of Tolima, lover of 5th Gen.
^ Ah Beaten to it! Thanks FromCheng! See you again in the battlefield!
Fuunyaah~
Yaaaaaay.
Patch is live!
Fuunyaah~
Be there in a few!

Patched. I'd play if I didn't have school in about 12 minutes. Anyone going to be online in 9 hours, or will you guys be in bed?
I'll be online as soon as I get back home after my tennis match! WOOHOO!
[Image: 21.jpg]
ACVD on PSN is on sale from what I heard. Its $30 for an R1 version!
Fuunyaah~
Hell and Zeph, you jerks.. We were supposed to do some runs today 7pm. It's 1am and still not online!! Ohmy
Huh. My AC wasn't hit too hard by the patches. Just slightly slower and 2,000 AP reduction, but my DEF stats weren't crushed a bit - in fact, I think my TE went up by 10 points... Wtf
I still made some adjustments regardless, including a generator with HUGE capacity so I can boost a lot more and use my new TE weapons with higher efficiency.

On to the main point of this post. I've got some VERY important things to do school-related, and there's a lot, so the only thing I can do on PSN is chat until the 13-or-so assignments are done. Sorry. But I MIGHT give the updates to my AC design today, if I get the time.
Try building a medium biped too. That's what WE are known for after all.

I have built a decent medium-weight schematic in ACVD. Arrui got to witness it, and I think this AC might just be the one I stick with from now on. It shows promise in the one thing HYPERION 1.0 was lacking in - speed - while still having what made 1.0 so much of a tank. I think we found the best candidate for HYPERION 2.0.

UPDATE:
HYPERION 2.0 has successfully managed to take down two ACs in one match - a TANK being one - with some assistance from Arrui, Cross, and Moon__Blade. This AC is a monster in open areas where it can endlessly follow and maul a player like an angry attack dog, and a decent combatant in areas with obstacles too, far surpassing the capabilities of the slow, too-bulky 1.0 model. Now, one question remains - make a new thread to display the design and get critiques, or just continue with the old thread?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Verdict Day Patch 1.06 Gradlein 7 13,053 12-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Gradlein
  AC3: I think, i just hacked armored core 3 Serph 4 6,786 05-26-2012, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Serph
  LR: OB Core Discussion NiX 26 29,709 04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Last Post: adiyel
  LR: Core-part Preferences NiX 43 46,603 01-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Last Post: DarkFury
  Armored Core 2 NiX 17 18,795 10-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Last Post: NiX