Current time: 03-29-2024, 08:50 PM
PlayStation 3 Talk
(07-13-2012, 06:56 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: Slimmer? I don't think thats possible with most of the default features it comes with, probably can't even play PSX games like the current slim can't play PS2 games.

Nope, it is true. Sony is working on a new PS3 model.

http://asia.cnet.com/sony-launching-a-ne...217523.htm
Fuunyaah~
The fat PS3 that i had repaired several months ago just died the YLOD death again. I can still get it fixed since the warranty is still valid but it appears that the electronic gods are really signalling me to buy a new unit. Facepalm
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
[Image: ps3bebe.jpg]
I just found out how to record my gameplay without a capture card, and I happen to have what I need. A DVD recorder (with a vhs tape stuck in it. I think I can fix that.), and plenty of AV cables. Woot.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
I got a lot of control delays when I was using dvd recorders. It was only when I started using a multi component cable that I was able to record and play without control delay.
there has been a new development.

it seems like i have to play a blazblue disc before putting any other game just to make it work with YLOD.

i guess this shit is still worth 4k or more Big grin WootGentlemanLOLWootGentlemanLOLWootGentlemanClappingGentlemanWootLOL
(07-18-2012, 02:33 AM)atdsutm Wrote: there has been a new development.

it seems like i have to play a blazblue disc before putting any other game just to make it work with YLOD.

i guess this shit is still worth 4k or more Big grin WootGentlemanLOLWootGentlemanLOLWootGentlemanClappingGentlemanWootLOL

New games tend to use up more of the capabilities of the ps3 system, thus making the components inside work more resulting in increased temperature buildup. Ps3 slims makes use of smaller die size components resulting in lower temperature production during operation, proof of this is the lower TDP it has compared to the fat one. That is why slims mostly doesn't have overheating problems.
Ninja Ninja 
Alright. Carry on.
Been meaning to bring my once-again dead PS3 to the repair shop for the past couple of days, since the warranty's almost about to expire. The damned weather we've been having has literally been dampening my plans. Sad

If i don't get there in time, i might just end up selling the unit for spare parts.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(07-20-2012, 11:40 PM)Fox Wrote: Been meaning to bring my once-again dead PS3 to the repair shop for the past couple of days, since the warranty's almost about to expire. The damned weather we've been having has literally been dampening my plans. Sad

If i don't get there in time, i might just end up selling the unit for spare parts.

tsap-tsap?
'Signatures are overrated.'
(07-21-2012, 03:27 AM)Serene Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 11:40 PM)Fox Wrote: Been meaning to bring my once-again dead PS3 to the repair shop for the past couple of days, since the warranty's almost about to expire. The damned weather we've been having has literally been dampening my plans. Sad

tsap-tsap?

Problema na yun ng pagbebentahan ko.
So i just came back from the repair shop. The maintenance guys tested the unit, got the red light and then proceeded to take it apart. After taking out the motherboard and inspecting it, they saw that the GPU solders were still intact. Apparently, all that was wrong with the unit was that the thermal paste had dried up. They just slathered on a new layer of thermal paste and the PS3 booted up just like before. I guess that means that leaded solder balls are really that tough. Happy

I'm still gonna get a new PS3 once i save up though. After that, i'll probably choose from the people i consider close friends and one among them shall inherit the old unit keep this in the living room as a dedicated media player. Whistle
Didn't they put thermal paste during the first repair? You mean it already dried up from that time?
Unfortunately, yes. The replacement thermal paste from the first repair back in March was nothing but powder when they looked earlier. The unit was fine for the first month or so. Then i had to download the 4.11 update in order to go online and things just got hot from that point on.

You guys may not agree but that patch really did a number on my unit's cooling. The fan would go to level 3 after just thirty minutes or so of gaming, even with a fan focused on it.
yeah, there were speculations that the fan speed increased after a certain patch by sony. and it seems there are also multiple complaints about it too.

anyways you can lend it to serene at least. :p

and ill lend serene arcana hearts 3 and he will obviously love this plan XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal BlitzKey 3 5,807 04-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Last Post: BlitzKey
  (And yet another) PlayStation 3 hack Twin-Skies 29 35,273 01-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Last Post: atdsutm
  Tekken 5, with some SC3 talk Sforza 39 36,366 12-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Serene
  Let's Talk War Games Sforza 11 11,504 12-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Sforza
  New Sub-$400 Sony PlayStation 3 NiX 7 8,978 11-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Last Post: NiX