Current time: 04-16-2024, 12:56 PM
PLDT offers first fiber optic connection to home users
Quote:MANILA, Philippines, November 17, 2011 – PLDT, the country’s leading telecommunications service provider, is now offering direct-to-the-home (DTTH) fiber optic data service in selected Metro Manila subdivisions.

Called PLDT Fibr, the new service is the first in the country to use fiber optic cables to deliver broadband services to homes with speeds of up to 100mbps. With a 100mbps connection, it will take only one minute to download a full-length movie.

The DTTH service is already available to residents in Forbes Park and Urdaneta Village in Makati, Palms Pointe in Alabang, Wack Wack Village in Mandaluyong, and all Valle Varde Villages in Pasig.

“PLDT Fibr will give our subscribers the ultimate multi-screen, multi-media experience. You can expect crystal-clear high-definition content on your HDTV as well as hassle-free simultaneous high-speed browsing,” said PLDT President and CEO Napoleon L. Nazareno.

“Those seeking to upgrade their current Internet access would do well to look into the extra perks of switching to fiber optic technology,” said PLDT Senior Vice President Eric Alberto.

“The PLDT Fibr plan comes with an Optical Network Unit (ONU) modem that connects to a fiber optic cable,” said PLDT Head of Retail Business Group Dan C. Ibarra. Residents can avail the unlimited Fibr monthly plans at P3,500 for the 8mbps plan, P6,500 for the 15mbps plan, and P20,000 for the 100mbps plan.

What do you guys think?

P3,500 for the 8mbps plan
P6,500 for the 15mbps plan
P20,000 for the 100mbps plan

...Is it worth it?
I have no problems with paying P3,500 for an 8mbps plan, I expect this to lower as the technology spreads through the country and gets easier to implement.

...My problem will be on how I'll make the most of it. Smile
what a fucking discrimination
For what purpose? Enlighten the uninformed, please.
(11-28-2011, 02:18 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: For what purpose? Enlighten the uninformed, please.

Tunneling maybe?

I have no idea how to execute that if ever, but I do have an idea on what tunneling is. I guess it would be detected if the person who manages the connection had a clue. :\

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How fast is your connection? Goat 168 217,775 01-28-2023, 02:47 AM
Last Post: atdsutm