Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:38 PM
LR: Heat and Its Effects
how to make the most out of it?
trying to make a build that prioritizes overheating the opponent. is it even worth it?

the only effects ive seen on an overheating unit is their energy depleting due to emergency cooldown. on AI this makes them use boosters less and simply walk to avoid forcing the generator to charge. are there are other benefits?

btw, will a unit still continue to cooldown even if they're energy bar is charging? coz i know you cant jump or blade while charging because those use energy. but will cooling and forced cooling still work?
I'd say it's worth it. I had some ACs that concentrated on DPS and heat. LOL

Whatever the situation, a radiator's cooling and forced cooling functions will cool off the heat as long as it can stand up to the heat the other player is giving.

Looking at the other way around, if your AC's weaponry gives a larger value of heat to the enemy than what the enemy AC's radiator is capable of, he/she will continuously overheat.
do they get damage due to overheat?
recommendations for weapons that have a good heat rating when their accuracy and ammo has been taken into account?
Once an AC goes past a certain heat threshold, it does begin to take damage from heat aside from being drained of energy. But an opponent sent into charging state is incentive enough. Free hits galore!

The problem with this strategy is reliability. You can't expect it to work against all opponents cuz some will be stacked on cooling.

Dual HPs do a great job of heating. And if it doesn't heat them up, it shreds their AP anyway.
(09-26-2010, 09:33 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote: btw, will a unit still continue to cooldown even if they're energy bar is charging? coz i know you cant jump or blade while charging because those use energy. but will cooling and forced cooling still work?

I haven't played in so long that I forgot already, but I THINK that your generator won't begin to recharge until after you fully dissipate all your heat if you came from an overheated state. But during all this time, the value used for cooling you down will be forced cooling.

I think.
(09-26-2010, 09:12 PM)Grim Wrote:
(09-26-2010, 09:33 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote: btw, will a unit still continue to cooldown even if they're energy bar is charging? coz i know you cant jump or blade while charging because those use energy. but will cooling and forced cooling still work?

I haven't played in so long that I forgot already, but I THINK that your generator won't begin to recharge until after you fully dissipate all your heat if you came from an overheated state. But during all this time, the value used for cooling you down will be forced cooling.

I think.

Right. Your radiator needs to dissipate the heat from overheating first before your generator could recharge. If someone has already heat-locked your AC (charging and overheating), you're dead.

---

Also, you might want to experiment weapon combinations with EN weaponry such as pulse and laser rifles. Handguns (as said by NiX) and rifles are also good for foreplay to achieve an unending stream of heatgasmic ecstasy.

Edit: Also, don't forget that part stats help too. In particular to cooling.
Things that come into play where temperature is concerned:

-Radiator
-Calorific value on your generator (how hot your generator runs)
-Booster heat
-Total cooling from frame parts
-Marishi optional part
-There's a heat threshold stat on cores. Forgot what it was called. Simply, some cores can take more heat than others.
-Overboost stuff
-heat from getting hit by weapons
-not sure if there's still map-specific temperatures in last raven
thanks for the replies. so far i made a elf3 blader with sized down grenade launcher on the right arm, and a large rocket on the back and some interlocking missiles to mess up the opponents anti-missile system. the grenade stuns them allowing for time close in or for the missile to catch em. not sure if it'll be effective against a human player tho. i'll be trying other builds with more weaponry later.

edit:
ok, so far i got two builds. one has a portable grenade launcher in each arm (forgot the name, but the 24 round ones i think), and the geryon2 in the back, and some harpy2s. moves a little sluggish for a quad but yeah, left grenade stuns then followed up with a shot from the geryon2. if the harpys are in position, it can tip the target into overheat. from there just spam alternating grenades or more laser beams. the other build is more simpler, just a karasaw, an orc and the harpys. like the other build, stun first (karasaw) then hit with the laser (orc). main drawback is the orc only has five shots and it sucks energy like a vacuum. will test more when i get the time.

editus maximus:
the karasaw orc build also managed to get jack-o up to 50% of his heat game. i remember he used a Furuna radiator. so i think it might be a good combo.