Current time: 04-16-2024, 02:42 PM
Cell Phones
New development on the iPhone 4. Many people have been reporting signal loss when the phone is held in a normal way (that is, fingers and palm grasping both sides of the phone). This is because the whole metal that surrounds the phone is the actual antenna.

Steve Jobs' answer is pretty god damn helpful. >:|

Anyway, a few people have had enough, and as is the case in North America, they sued Apple.

(04-27-2010, 12:05 PM)Grim Wrote: What does this mean for you and me? Not much, really, aside from letting the inner geek enjoy watching the very volatile situation.

Fireworks!
(07-01-2010, 11:32 AM)Grim Wrote: New development on the iPhone 4. Many people have been reporting signal loss when the phone is held in a normal way (that is, fingers and palm grasping both sides of the phone). This is because the whole metal that surrounds the phone is the actual antenna.

Do you have an iphone 4?
(07-01-2010, 01:01 PM)Sforza Wrote:
(07-01-2010, 11:32 AM)Grim Wrote: New development on the iPhone 4. Many people have been reporting signal loss when the phone is held in a normal way (that is, fingers and palm grasping both sides of the phone). This is because the whole metal that surrounds the phone is the actual antenna.

Do you have an iphone 4?

Nope, that thing's price tag is worth too much for me right now.
http://site.globe.com.ph/iphone4?sid=TGg...PPIQAAAAXe

Interest checking page/reservation page (?) for iphone 4 is live, in case you guys missed it. I signed up. Would have preferred an xperia x10 but SE took too long to upgrade the OS.
I'll probably go with the Samsung Galaxy S, it has better specs imo.
Docomo will be releasing them on October and they also plan on removing the sim-locks on all their handsets at the end of the year Clapping
Ninja Ninja 
Will Globe be offering unlocked iPhone 4 units? Because that's the only way I'll be buying one from them...
(08-25-2010, 10:54 PM)cabs Wrote: I'll probably go with the Samsung Galaxy S, it has better specs imo.
Docomo will be releasing them on October and they also plan on removing the sim-locks on all their handsets at the end of the year Clapping

Did you receive any feedback on the Desire btw? Anyone there actually using it? XD
(08-26-2010, 12:22 AM)Grim Wrote: Will Globe be offering unlocked iPhone 4 units? Because that's the only way I'll be buying one from them...

Probably not. I hope the jailbreaking tools catch up to the current OS version by the time Globe releases the phones. Right now they're pretty unstable.
So, after 4+ years of taking good care of my Nokia E51, I lost it. And it's gone. I searched everywhere in the office and the shuttle ride that I took that day, but it's gone. Sad

I guess now the silver lining is I'm really forced to get that line and an upgrade which I've been thinking about for so long already. Globe will most probably take my money, as their unlimited call and text P600 plan is excellent. The phone, on the other hand...

I've been thinking of whether I should get an iPhone 3GS or a BlackBerry Bold 9700. Right now I'm kinda leaning towards the iPhone 3GS since I can get it cheaper (2nd hand), and because it's what I wanted before. Holding off on an iPhone 4 for now as they're expensive, and quite fragile. BlackBerry has the tactile keypad going for it though, so I could still text while driving/doing other things. But as in all things, I think I'll probably adapt that skill to the touchscreen as well.

EDIT: Wala lang, kwento. LOL
Yeah their unlimited plan is pretty great. But ever since they brought it out, their service has turned into utter shit. Dropped calls, crappy reception, late texts. Their network probably couldn't handle the congestion. =/

I suppose you could go the way of the iPhone or Blackberry. I dunno what's been happening with Android, while Nokia hasn't really moved forward.
First thing I do after getting my second hand iPhone? Jailbreak. LOL
Which gen did you get?

I'm hearing that the N8 is pretty good.
(11-16-2010, 10:10 PM)NiX Wrote: Which gen did you get?

I'm hearing that the N8 is pretty good.

The 3GS. Haven't really looked into Nokia phones at all in the past few weeks. LOL Although I did see the N8 advertised a few days ago on the papers. It looks like everyone's really getting into the large capacitive touchscreens.
(11-17-2010, 09:44 AM)Grim Wrote: The 3GS. Haven't really looked into Nokia phones at all in the past few weeks. LOL Although I did see the N8 advertised a few days ago on the papers. It looks like everyone's really getting into the large capacitive touchscreens.

I still prefer a phone with a keypad Ninja
Touchscreens can be slippery and unwieldy.
So I've finally gotten a taste of Android. I'm utterly impressed. But the staggering variety of available hardware makes it incredibly difficult to choose.
(10-30-2011, 10:26 PM)NiX Wrote: So I've finally gotten a taste of Android. I'm utterly impressed. But the staggering variety of available hardware makes it incredibly difficult to choose.

If price isn't a factor (or you're willing to spend at least 30K on a really, really, good phone) - hands down it's the Samsung Galaxy SII, no question.

EDIT: Knowing Nix though, price is always a consideration haha. A Samsung Galaxy Ace or a Galaxy S should perform for you as well. Basically, to make things clear, my vote goes to Samsung. Hahaha.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nokia phones Grim 31 48,023 04-23-2014, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Grim