Current time: 06-07-2024, 10:54 AM
Warhammer 40k
Space Marine
gears of war?
@atdsutm

Those LED-laced pansies in Gears of War are little girls compared to Space Marines.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
I kinda agree. hahha
What's your opinion on this then?

[Image: MarineVSmarine.jpg]
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
aaah yes here it comes again

I for one like the terran marine because their mass produce-able

one space marine may be worth a thousand normal soldiers but that is just it a thousand, once I get over that thousand man power threshold their toast! LOL

sorry but I just love the IG more than the Astartes LOL
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

I'm not well-versed in Warhammer lore. But I think Space Marines will totally wipe the ground with the blood and guts of Terran Marines. LOL
Terran Marine = Ex-convicts in power suits

Space marine = Genetically enhanced super-soldiers hand-picked from the harshest corners of the Imperium. They undergo several years worth of training and biological and cybernetic enhancements. They don't even get to wear the armor until they've served/survived decades of battles as a scout.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Creation...ace_Marine

And that's just the standard space marine. There's also the Grey Knights chapter, psionically enhanced space marines specifically trained to kill demons.

[Image: c24318.jpg]

[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
^

Argh. My bad. That was me.

Gotta remember HayWire uses the PC more than I do.

Anyway, I'm betting on the Space Marine - they're badass enough to kill Terran Marines without the armor, and the Tyrannids are way nastier than the Zerg, imho.
We know TS, we know. LOL

@ Thread:

One thing I've been hoping in regards to the customization is to make your character look like a generic marine. In short, the protagonist must have a helmet add-on.

... and yes, the chosen people also undergo a series of surgery enhancements as they go through their trials (which also includes in receiving a second heart lol). Afaik they're just like red shirts/IG when compared to the Emperor's royal guards though.
I think i read in some article that the playable character is/will be a sergeant, and Astartes Sergeants rarely wear any sort of protective headgear so that they can show off those rank studs on their foreheads.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(08-17-2010, 10:34 PM)Fox Wrote: I think i read in some article that the playable character is/will be a sergeant, and Astartes Sergeants rarely wear any sort of protective headgear so that they can show off those rank studs on their foreheads.

If they're the squad sarge, not wearing the helmet is also a form of morale booster - a show that you're so badass that you don't need a helmet when charging into hell Salute
It's also like they've got a crosshair permanently painted on their heads. All too often in fiction, these guys get dispatched by neat headshots with really messy exit wounds or by chainaxes, warscythes, power klaws, boneswords or whichever melee weapon connects with their unprotected noggin. Facepalm

true but they do die as bad asses LOL

@clone

Agreed. When a Space Marine dies, they usually die on a pile of enemy corpses XD
and that's why I love the IG they can give your pile of corpses and then some LOL