Current time: 05-19-2024, 01:53 PM
Hudson River Pyschiatric Center
Yes, including THE MORGUE
(08-26-2011, 10:56 AM)NiX Wrote: So people just go in and out of this place? No chance of getting caught for trespassing or anything like that?

the place is actually posted no trespassing.
However the entire property is owned by a historical society, so its only very loosely patrolled by police. the place is so huge though, with lots of buildings, trees, tall grass, and very few fences. Its really easy to stay outa sight until you get inside a building.

I'm sure that the larger part of them wanting to keep people off the grounds, is cuz a couple of the buildings are considered rather "unsafe" what with them being damaged by time, as well as a serious fire back in 07. However, Setsuna and I have no plans at all to venture inside any of the more decrepit buildings. all the buildings we have been visiting are either newer, or ones that were kept up to standard until the entire site was abandoned.

posted or not, as long as explorers are smart, and do their research before venturing onto old grounds like this, they shouldn't have any trouble.

it really becomes apparent I think, that the older buildings deeper into the grounds like the morgue and theater house. Are really only being visited by people honestly interested in them to appreciate what they are, as well as the history. because you hardly see ANY vandalism, visitor damage, or graffiti in or around these simple but cooler buildings. and you find a lot more cool little treasures left behind on purpose like the notebook in the morgue. no, all the jerks who visit seem to stick to the really large main building near the sites entrance. prob why the few cops who do drive around the grounds, pretty much park right next to that building and sit for a while. honestly, we didn't see any evidence of any patrols at all around the smaller buildings deeper into the site.

as a side note....
we actually live in a REALLY historic area, with lots of really old buildings(many still being used) and cool sites. after having as much fun visiting the old psyche center as we did, I think Set and I plan to make this a constant thing, visiting old places like this. since you guys seem so interested, we will def post all our reports up here. I already have a few other sites in mind that should be really similar in awesomeness as the psyche ward, so stay tuned.
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I made it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what it would do" - Gune from Titan AE

Messages In This Thread
Hudson River Pyschiatric Center - by Ohba Setsuna - 08-25-2011, 10:59 AM
RE: Hudson River Pyschiatric Center - by Fox - 08-25-2011, 11:08 AM
RE: Hudson River Pyschiatric Center - by Serene - 08-25-2011, 12:48 PM
RE: Hudson River Pyschiatric Center - by NiX - 08-25-2011, 01:04 PM
RE: Hudson River Pyschiatric Center - by Goat - 08-25-2011, 09:47 PM
RE: Hudson River Pyschiatric Center - by NiX - 08-26-2011, 10:56 AM
RE: Hudson River Pyschiatric Center - by Deemer - 08-26-2011, 03:04 PM
RE: Hudson River Pyschiatric Center - by Fox - 08-26-2011, 11:12 AM
RE: Hudson River Pyschiatric Center - by Serene - 08-26-2011, 02:26 PM
RE: Hudson River Pyschiatric Center - by Mjting - 08-27-2011, 11:52 AM
RE: Hudson River Pyschiatric Center - by Deemer - 10-04-2011, 11:42 AM