Current time: 04-29-2024, 02:35 AM
Help wanted
I'm planning a new fanfic. One that is set shortly after the events of Nexus. I already have the basic plot in mind and the primary characters. Problem is, i haven't really played Nexus and only have a vague knowledge of the events that occured leading up to Last Raven. If possible, i would like to ask a few questions about NX and the AC world in general, so please bear with me.

1. Was it only the Ark and the corporations that were attacked by the unmanned suicide weapons or was the entire world devastated? From what i've heard, civilization was hit pretty hard, entire cities were levelled and it took a bit of a while for people to get back on their feet, which leads to my next question.

2. How much time could have passed between the two games? Months, years? I remember reading somewhere describing both Jack-O and Evangel in Nexus as "young Ravens" meaning they could have been only in their early 20s. Age is pretty hard to guess from voices but judging from their grave voices in Last Raven, it sounds like they're already in their mid or late 30s. Plus its said in-game that G.Faust has been retired for quite some time already and has only recently returned to the Raven Order. Hey, it couldn't have taken only a few months for the corporations to rebuild and get around to the idea of a merge. At least a few years or maybe even a decade.

3. How many Raven's did the Ark have in employ at the time? It seems that being a mercenary is a job with a very high mortality rate since the Ark is always inducting new Ravens into their ranks. From what i could tell in AC3, there are Ravens who seldom participate in missions and are almost exclusively active in the arena. Since the arena had almost a hundred Ravens, could it be that the actual number of Ravens be a lot bigger than that?

4. Are all ACs docked and maintained exclusively in the Ark or are there numerous support bases all over the world. The Ark and the Area-All AC garage where Zuben el Genubi and Rim Fire tag-teamed us couldn't have been the only ones there was. Maybe some rich Ravens had garages of their own.

5. Did all the missions in Nexus and Last Raven take place in just one country or continent? In LR's mission menu, the background map in which all assignments take place seems to encompass only a small area. Wouldn't the Ravens have been deployed all over the world? Maybe they were based exclusively in only one region?

6. Are there any real-world nationalities and countries in the AC world? I mean, are there any references to places like Asia, Europe and the Americas? Are the Ravens all members of the caucasian race or are there asians, negros, arabs, etc. Hey, Evangel and his general behavior in LR (including his arrogance and that stupid inferiority complex of his) seems very American to me.

7. What does the general public feel about the Ravens? Could it be that to other people, the Ravens are just opportunistic mercenaries who don't care about anything but themselves and money? What if there are those who look up to the Ravens as heroes who did everything they could to save the world?

8. Lastly (and this may seem a bit corny and cliched), is it possible for two Ravens to bond with each other and fall in love? Hahahaha, you can flame me all you want but i just wanted to ask. There's nothing in the Raven Order's by-laws that says anything against it, is there? Roll eyes

Whether or not i will go through with the fic depends on me getting the answers to these question (yes, including that last cheesy one). I plan to concentrate more on the human interest part of the story and how the remaining Raven's survived in a world that was turned upside down. So that means few, if any, mecha action. I've done enough action/adventure fics and i'ld like to try something else. Yep, it'll be a different kind of AC story.

Thanks in advance for the answers. Any help would be appreciated. I await your responses. :bigsmile:
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Fox - 10-10-2006, 10:43 AM
[No subject] - by Necron - 10-11-2006, 05:00 PM
[No subject] - by Fox - 10-11-2006, 08:32 PM
[No subject] - by Zigg - 10-19-2006, 09:28 AM
[No subject] - by Grim - 10-19-2006, 10:04 AM
[No subject] - by Zigg - 10-19-2006, 11:54 AM
[No subject] - by Fox - 10-20-2006, 01:57 PM
[No subject] - by Fox - 11-26-2006, 04:25 PM
[No subject] - by wanzerfreak - 11-26-2006, 08:37 PM
[No subject] - by Necron - 11-28-2006, 09:43 AM
[No subject] - by R.Leonhardt - 11-28-2006, 12:04 PM