Current time: 04-19-2024, 10:37 PM
Hey Russians... what's with all the periods?
Yeah, so I got the game today.

Even without a graphics card, the game is looking good. And that's really saying something. I heard that since the game was originally intended to be released earlier, the original requirements were also much lower. Not meaning it won't look so great when you have the proper hardware though, because it will.

Gameplay's your usual FPS, but this time with that open-ended gameplay found in games like GTA. You choose your own missions, your allies and such.

Haven't gotten that far in the game to comment on the story yet, but yes, it's set in a post-apocalyptic Chernobyl, in the Zone around the nuclear fallout.

Looking awesome so far.

On a side note, this game is almost 100% Eastern European (or yes, I'm going to be a collectivist know-it-all for simplicity: Russian Smile ). The credits all have names ending with 'kov', 'yav' or 'y'. Haha.
<!--QuoteBegin-Grimlok+April 01, 2007 07:12 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grimlok @ April 01, 2007 07:12 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> On a side note, this game is almost 100% Eastern European (or yes, I'm going to be a collectivist know-it-all for simplicity: Russian Smile ). The credits all have names ending with 'kov', 'yav' or 'y'. Haha. [/quote:a0eefcfd7b]
Sound familiar, Mr. Mikhail Lagodya? Big grin
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
<!--QuoteBegin-Fox+April 03, 2007 11:44 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fox @ April 03, 2007 11:44 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Grimlok+April 01, 2007 07:12 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grimlok @ April 01, 2007 07:12 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> On a side note, this game is almost 100% Eastern European (or yes, I'm going to be a collectivist know-it-all for simplicity: Russian Smile ). The credits all have names ending with 'kov', 'yav' or 'y'. Haha. [/quote:cfa1b54c23]
Sound familiar, Mr. Mikhail Lagodya? Big grin [/quote:cfa1b54c23]
Quite so, Mr. Palafox. If the character could be named that's what I would've named him. Sadly, it seems as if he will remain nameless for the entirety of the game. Tongue