Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:06 PM
Ideas for the next game that don't suck.
Subtitle option so I don't have to suffer the shitty english dub.
Nabeshima and Hoshino should retire.
Story & campaign that is actually worth playing and none of that lazy bs.
Bring back the little people from LR.
Bring back real energy management & heat.
No more cheap kills.
Get rid of friendly fire.
Probably mentioned before, but I wish that they would make the damage and defense scheme/system significantly less of a rock-paper-scissors thing. It's one of the few reasons I slowly got fed up of the 5 series-fights were much less of skill as opposed to what counters what. If your opponent hard countered your unit, you were pretty much fucked.
Wow, never thought that this thread would ever see the light of day again. Also Hoshino and Nabeshima's work is awesome, why should they retire? Also this reminds me of another similar thread I made. http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=3014
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
Oh, another thing Id like to see, a new weapon. A Mega Blade, A kind of Back Mounted weapon thats essentially a less overkill version of the Grind Blade Without the draw back that can be armed and Disarmed like any other back mounted weapon. Or maybe Id like to see a weapon like those Kojima blades used by the prototype NEXTs in AC4. It was kind of disappointing you could only get a Kojima Parrying blade, a full on laser blade made of Kojima energy would be devistating.

EditOhmyh, Oh and Probebly one of the most asked for things. Space Combat
Armored Core: Verdict Day NA 360
Team: Unsung Revenant
Looking for Recruits
I think we may have discussed space combat in the past and I think I remember us coming to a conclusion that with AC's current configurations it would be too complex to happen. Unless From went the ACE: R route with it.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
Self detonation/ kamikaze option. Part combination determines the amount of damage that you make. Countdown timer provided. AOE.
(06-22-2012, 07:00 AM)ManintheArmor Wrote: As of now, I don't like how heavier ACs, while they have plenty of AP, don't have as much resistance. It doesn't make sense for a heavy AC to be solely resistant to TE weapons, but have little defense against things like rifles. Resistance should depend on weight class, rather than parts.
Resistance specialization is nice, but it should only be given to a select number of parts, rather than all of them.

I think the AP/resistance system was always too complicated, going back to the original games. The way it should work:

-All ACs have 9999 AP, which is just a percentile of an AC's maximum health. 9999 = 99.99%.

-Resistances are subtracted from incoming damage. Heavier parts have higher total resistances. Since incoming fire does less damage, those same 9999 points last a lot longer. In cases where resistance > damage, the weapon has no effect.

-Some weapons have an 'armor piercing' stat, which cancels some or all of the relevant resistance stat. These weapons do less damage (less effective at transferring energy), but would disproportionately affect heavily armored targets by cancelling their advantage. Obviously, for this to balance out, the armor-piercing modifier would have to be significantly greater than the reduction in damage, or it wouldn't have any advantage over regular damage.
Eat prey. Love.