Current time: 05-12-2024, 03:10 PM
ACV General Discussion
KE - Kinetic Energy, basically bullets that use velocity to do damage.
CE - Chemical Energy, damage done by explosions.
TE - Thermal Energy, your basic Energy Weapon damage

Your AC has an affinity to these kinds of damage, and depending on how much your defense to that type is, it calculates how much actual damage you take. So let's say that you have high KE defense but low TE defense. An enemy using KE weaponry won't hit you as hard as an enemy using TE weaponry. You can specialize in one kind of defense if you want, or you can set your parts to mitigate to all of your defenses. Hope that helped o3o

As for blades, unfortunately I haven't touched them, as I am horrible in Close Combat XD. I want to make a lightweight Pilebunker AC some time later though, having fun with my mid-range jack-of-all-trades setup right now.
What my server looks like right now. I'm already finding teams made up of 10 or more members Clapping
[Image: th_ACVRS_00.jpg]
Very nice! And I thought EU was having trouble finding players. I see that you guys found a nice spot on the map too.
(03-26-2012, 08:29 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: What my server looks like right now. I'm already finding teams made up of 10 or more members Clapping
[Image: th_ACVRS_00.jpg]

Pandas are awesome LOL
Okay, definitely cant solo this content anymore. Not in a tank anyway. Gonna have to either hire mercenaries, team up with somebody or learn to shoot and scoot with a heavy biped.

Just ran into Mary Elizabeth McGlynn the voice actress (The Major from the Ghost in the Shell anime dub) piloting a tank... never been that scared since Nineball Seraph. Haven't been utterly destroyed that fast either.
"I firmly believe there are three tenets that determine victory in warfare; and they are firepower, firepower, and more firepower."
Shoot and scoot with a biped, is fun. Especially high mobility heavy bipeds o3o. For tanks I can suggest getting up close and out turning them, or sniping with hit and run tactics. And which tank is The Major? Didn't notice :/
Usually when clearing out the Story/ Order missions, I equip my AC with those nerf-worthy gatlings.

BTW it seems like I'm already keeping most of the parts I purchased in offline. I couldn't access them before.
Personally, Im scared of tanks who has autocannons and heat cannons. Cant seem to get close without putting a lot of holes first.
does optical chaff stack with FCS jammers/flash rockets?
(03-27-2012, 04:18 PM)atdsutm Wrote: does optical chaff stack with FCS jammers/flash rockets?

Optical chaff doesnt seem to work well.. Probably best against missles since those has some long lock-on time but youre better off with CIWS.
(03-27-2012, 02:09 PM)Zefyr Wrote: Shoot and scoot with a biped, is fun. Especially high mobility heavy bipeds o3o. For tanks I can suggest getting up close and out turning them, or sniping with hit and run tactics. And which tank is The Major? Didn't notice :/

the one with the conical head, I think Lancelot is the model. Blue and Purple paint job. Her mission partner uses a target gun. Lots of CE everywhere
"I firmly believe there are three tenets that determine victory in warfare; and they are firepower, firepower, and more firepower."
So does that mean missiles don't generally work online? Also, is it true people don't use energy weapons much? I was getting used to my laser rifle or pulse machine gun/ physical rifle/ battle rifle/ another physical rifle or a gatling gun or shotgun setup. I also had missiles or rockets for extra CE or KE damage. I like being all around, haha. The only time I have to change tactics is if I'm facing a tank in an area I can't flank it, like a relatively open area with no buildings, in which I'd have to use sniper rifles. Then again, I wouldn't know anyway beforehand, which is why I like the diversity XD

Guess I'll look for her later, I like little things like that, haha.
trying demo type

okay the blade range is different now, much wider now so medyo naninibago

pile bunkers seems to be a lot more workable now

as for weapon i like the gatling gun and battle rifle combo maybe for arenas

for mission ill probably swap out the piler bunker with a high powered laser cannon or some sort just for missions

and...dang i cant OB in the air anymore...but i am used to OB'ing in the air

tried out the sentry gun XD i guess its possible to make a wanna be Nu Gundam
Since TS, RF and I are going to be sharing my file, we'll just be color-coding/naming our ACs depending on who is playing.

RED/ORANGE, HW = HayWire
BLUE/BLACK, RF = RoninFang
GREEN/BROWN, TS = Twin-Skies

Edit:
Also, we have chat issues. So we're going to be silent players for 99% of the time. ~_~
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
it's official: We need a headset.

How much is a decent pair?
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LRp Discussion J.E_Magog 76 101,029 04-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  LR: OB Core Discussion NiX 26 30,052 04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Last Post: adiyel
  SLp Discussion J.E_Magog 46 68,621 02-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Last Post: DaiZengar666