Current time: 03-29-2024, 10:53 PM
Game Recommendations
When I ask for something, you pick for me!
I respectfully request future commenters on future game suggestions to please tone down the "I hate this game etc", as it MAY(note may) offend some of the people who genuinely like it. I personally find it okay, as I tend to grind in most games. The story is pretty good too imho.
so yeah, where are the rest of the recommendations ^^? *twitch*
maybe we need a rant thread for games to keep threads on track ^^? *twitch*
(08-10-2011, 08:33 AM)arch_angel Wrote: I respectfully request future commenters on future game suggestions to please tone down the "I hate this game etc", as it MAY(note may) offend some of the people who genuinely like it. I personally find it okay, as I tend to grind in most games. The story is pretty good too imho.

That's being too sensitive. We're not that sensitive here. The hate isn't even directed toward a person. It's directed toward a game, which people are free to either love or hate.

Anyway I guess I can recommend Vanguard Bandits on PS1. It's no FFTactics but it's got medieval mechs. And it's really easily digestible.
(08-10-2011, 10:26 AM)NiX Wrote: Anyway I guess I can recommend Vanguard Bandits on PS1. It's no FFTactics but it's got medieval mechs. And it's really easily digestible.

Yep, think about Vision of Escaflowne or Panzer Galient in FFTactics. Big grin

Just found it weird that it's also known as Epica Stella in Japan though. WTF
necro mode!!

anyone got recommendations for good old FPS games for PC? again something around HL2 engine or lower since my laptop sux. (Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz, GeForce 9300M GS 256mb, 3GB RAM)

stuff i've already considered but have decided against:
elder scrolls series - sloooow. also i want guns
fallout 3 and up - laptop can't handle it
borderlands - laptop can't handle it
stalker series - runs a little too slow. also, playing it mods before ruined my taste for vanilla stalker. said mods are missing from my drive T-T
hl 1 and 2 - not these again, although mods/maps for these are alright
the fps mentioned earlier in the thread - as i mentioned, i've already played those games.

what im mostly looking for is something that's the game equivalent of a "quickie." get that itch to go and shoot/kill stuff. run the game. play an hour or so blazing guns or whatever weaponry, then go on with the rest of my life ^^ one vs lots of enemies is also nice. plus points for dynamics (every run through can be done differently.) actually, Left 4 Dead is a prime example of what i'm looking for. just sucks my laptop can't run that game properly anymore.

of course, stuff with a plot or story is also welcome. stuff like half-life, doom, etc.

oh, and since my net is retarded, multiplayer only is not really ideal.

games i'm currently considering:
quake 3 arena - still looking for a download
CS 1.6 portable - still looking for a download
F.E.A.R. - still looking for a download. i never get tired replaying this XD
Unreal Tournament 2k4 - i have too many mods with no install guide -.-
H.A.V.E./MicroVolts Online - dunno if the pc/net can run this decently

looking forward to your replies o/
Try Mount and Blade: Warband.. Not exactly Shooter but if you still wanna play medieval and isnt as sucky stock Oblivion graphics but still not awesome graphics and will eat lots of your time then MnB:warband is for you. Make sure you download updates too.
Fuunyaah~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PC Game stuttering R.Leonhardt 1 3,977 07-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Game Grumps Shintetsu 4 6,740 01-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Sirius140
  Ipad Game Suggestions? RoninFang 0 3,126 12-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Indie Game Clients Worked On RoninFang 0 3,818 09-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Game Intros Lord_Leperman 11 12,959 03-11-2012, 02:34 PM