Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:46 PM
Classical Armoury
Almost never updated
This is the gif conversion of a past college flash project, and the origin to my avatar.

[Image: classicalarmourylogo.gif]

Finally got around to doing it, wasn't possible before because of a software problem (Adobe CS5 is NOT backward compatible with CS3). I've managed to retain some quality at the cost of transparency and frame rate.

Obviously, inspiration has been drawn from the Foxeye emblem.

Enjoy! Happy
It does remind me of Foxeye's.
You really need to update it, maybe put it against a black background then add sparkles.......

And now that I've seen this.......
Great job! I think it would look much nicer though if the helmet was shaded to show its roundness. Or was the intention to portray it as flat?
Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the original source files after the school purged its servers this summer (only the uneditable .swf and the crappy .gif conversion remains). So it looks like I'll have to do it from scratch, that is to re-scan the image into Illustrator then port it to Flash where it can be re-animated, or simply edit the low quality .gif...

@NiX: I wasn't too experienced at digital arts back then therefore applied a default texture (that look more leather than metal BTW). I'm pretty sure I can get it right this time. Salute

Thanks for the suggestions!
Update:
Better version created as avatar. All done by hand from static original.

Concept based on Oracle emblem.
Holy shit! that's way awesome! If AC5 supports those kinds of emblems, you'd be in demand! Tongue
Well, I supposed there's no harm in revisiting an older historical rts game that I have been modding. The game is called Rome: Total War, and is mostly set in Ancient Europe (270 BC to 40 AD), featuring 21 factions of 6 different cultures.
The units depicted here belong to the Britons, a barbarian faction:

[Image: gallowglassidle.png]
The two-handed swordsmen on the right is based on the barbarian peasant unit on the left, with the addition of a agen port helmet, a cape, shoulder armour, and a resized sword (which has some clipping issues).

[Image: gallowglassattack.png]
Actionshot, demolishing another unit of peasants.
Due to engine limitations (and a part on my own laziness), most of the work was done in texture.
Image Shack is not being friendly with us Sad I can't see your new stuff.
It's friendly enough with me, Chief. A simple way to fix the frozen frog issue is to visit the Image Shack website and just log into your account, especially if you haven't done so in a long time. You should be able to see the images afterwards. Happy

Back to the topic, good stuff but i don't really see anything barbarian-like about the Britons. It would be better if you did their units in more earth-like colors and dispensed with the bright blue. Plus, making them seem a bit more ragged and scruffy would add more to the barbarian-ness. Do the mod tools allow you to do that?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(04-23-2011, 07:33 AM)Fox Wrote: Back to the topic, good stuff but i don't really see anything barbarian-like about the Britons. It would be better if you did their units in more earth-like colors and dispensed with the bright blue. Plus, making them seem a bit more ragged and scruffy would add more to the barbarian-ness. Do the mod tools allow you to do that?

Hmmmm come to think of it, wouldn't dyed clothings be expensive at this era? But then again every units seem so brightly coloured in this game: British Units - Rome: Total War Heaven The only ones who don't share this colour scheme is the rebel "faction" also depicted here as the brownish peasants. Roll eyes

I should add that this is a late/end game unit (the equivalent to a Carrier/Ultralisk/Battle Cruiser in Starcraft) only recruitable in the highest level of city. Nearly half of their units are designed as bare-chested (which for some reason doesn't include the peasants in the first screenshot) and are squishy as hell, so it would seem fair to give them something that can go toe-to-toe with the other civilisations.

But I see where you are coming from. Smile