Current time: 05-12-2024, 05:07 PM
Mental Repository (M.R.)
How the hell do you guys think i feel about my last name?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
People always make the error than only "de Dios" is my last name, this has also given me problems that never seem to go away.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Since i have Spanish and Portuguese ancestry on both sides of the family, the clan elders say that my full name sounds old-time aristocratic if it's spelled and arranged in the old way, with "El" and "Y" added to it.

The more common headache is when it comes to correcting people how to correctly pronounce my last name. Facepalm
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
"El Palafox"

Secret fire weilding omnigear?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Are we pronouncing it right then?
'Signatures are overrated.'
(12-14-2012, 07:56 AM)clonezero Wrote: "El Palafox"

Secret fire weilding omnigear?

Actually, the "El" part comes before my middle name and the "Y" for the last name. Tongue

(12-14-2012, 11:15 AM)Serene Wrote: Are we pronouncing it right then?

Most of the RR guys i know in real life have gotten it wrong during the first couple of times they said it. Nowadays, you people pronounce it correctly or near enough. Except for that frakking guard at Sforza's place a few years ago. Argh
Yung Palapok?
Basta yung malutong yung pagkasabi niya.
"Ser, mayroon pong Palapok sa gate."

Malutong nga.

Pareng Poks, Balita ko may dalawang utao daw na nagkakalat sa facebook ah.
Meron nga, Pareng Bob. Malamang naka-singhot na naman yung dalawang yun.
(12-14-2012, 05:41 PM)Fox Wrote: Meron nga, Pareng Bob. Malamang naka-singhot na naman yung dalawang yun.

Sigurado yung Pareng Poks.
Rave:
Stalked my Ex's fb. Maybe if I didn't leave her we would have had half a dozen kids by now. I'm glad she's doing very well.
rant: our department will be dissolved by the end of January next year. massive lay-offs ahead. 12 hour shifts, handling multiple accounts. changing office.
rant: worse, we're not guaranteed if the month of January will be paid if we decide to stay.
rant: word is, our office, the Philippine branch, will be shut down.
rave?: boss gave a heads up to the five of us who have been in the department (and more or less employed the longest in the company), and would understand and even appreciate it if we put forward our resignation letters ahead of the shitstorm.

mixed-feels: i'll be handing mine in tomorrow. figured it's a kind of blessing in disguise since i'm planning to concentrate on getting IT related certifications next year anyway.

fear: updating the resume and finding a new job >.<
Which company are you talking about?
PALAKAT - NAKNAMPUTA! ANG AGA NAMAN MANGAROLING NG MGA LINTEK NA BATANG ITO! ANG TAAS PA NG DEPOTANG ARAW EH NANINILAOK NA SA MAY PESTENG GATE! Chair