Current time: 05-11-2024, 11:09 PM
What the hell are you working on?
The work in progress thread
Nice! SRW. Can't wait to see the finished product.

My next target.
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN958497
Will try building this over the weekend.
[Image: COsmos.jpg]

@Fox
Seems you've still got plenty of unbuilt ACs.
Can't wait to see how that turns out.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
(03-28-2013, 07:17 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Seems you've still got plenty of unbuilt ACs.

Only two left, actually, and mostly composed of Mirage parts. I'm thinking of getting a few more body parts (two ACs worth) from Trace-02 to balance things out.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
[Image: unbearable.jpg]

Gonna build these mainly to get a reference for the AALIYAH head.
Maximilian Thermidor, Leos Klein, Jack-O, you know who they are. Notable characters they don't have in ACV.
Oh Chief you took it like the Joker laughing his ass off, but didn't show up to many fights and look where that got you. At the bottom of a radioactive lake in the wastelands.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
Chief is no revolutionary, but merely an AI, a toy for the corporation. Probably the most suitable candidate in ACV was Fran's father.

Mini unsung turned out decently. Surface detail is excellent and it's well articulated. If only I could find a way to mount him on top of my monitor. Also I wish they created old school D style kits too. It's just unfair to see them being left out.
[Image: JRUNSUNG_01.jpg]

If koto did their numbers right for the ACV kits, the AC's would be close to the size of the SD, minus the giant head.
[Image: JRUNSUNG_00.jpg]
Never thought it'd get a rise outta me but that SD Unsung looks strangely cute. I might just consider getting myself one of those.

And yeah, AC3-LR era kits do need a bit of SD love. I'd bet that the FoxEye would turn out chubbily cute. Tongue
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
If you replace the head with a standard scaled AC's you'll get something with a good proportion. I guess.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Time to face my fears and work on the skin and hair of my minis.

[Image: DSC01528.jpg]

I think i need to tone down the blondes though. Just too damn bright.
Have you tried mixing acrylic paints(for toning down purposes)? The ginger haired ones look alright.
Yep, i did. Used a ratio of 3:1 X-8 Lemon Yellow to X-2 White for the blondies. Will try a mix with more white later.
Gonna paint my Alexander soon, though I regret that I didn't get any green paint. Well it'll be my first time painting so I hope it goes well, have fine tip brushes as well.
[Image: C6E0A2D2-B053-4334-9E54-49937F348D99-615...7011c6.jpg]
(05-26-2013, 01:39 AM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Have you tried mixing acrylic paints(for toning down purposes)? The ginger haired ones look alright.

(05-26-2013, 08:53 AM)Fox Wrote: Yep, i did. Used a ratio of 3:1 X-8 Lemon Yellow to X-2 White for the blondies. Will try a mix with more white later.

Tried the following on the bright blonde hair:

* wash of watered-down X-9 Brown and XF-55 Deck Tan.
* drybrush of 1:8 mix of X-2 White and XF-72 JSSDF Brown

[Image: DSC01538.jpg]

Looks way better this time. Also for size reference, those are bottlecaps the minis are standing on. Tongue
Need some help here, using a fine tipped brush and the pigment of red you see here. Continue painting or should I just use a line marker instead?
[Image: 6DE4B975-17AE-481B-B364-5CDF8F14A534-652...c6c1fc.jpg]
Edit: Think I just solved part of my problem, now I just need to get those smears off.
[Image: 916CF2B6-C853-4EDC-85E9-AA8A5BD9EE22-652...4b1d3c.jpg]