Current time: 05-11-2024, 12:54 PM
What the hell are you working on?
The work in progress thread
thanks for the info, might try that one coz tamiya masking tape is kinda expensive, and i'm really having a hard time using ordinary masking tape because the adhesive is so strong the paint comes off.
er... Armak brand masking tape IS just regular masking tape. I just reverse the procedure of masking by painting the permanent, non-chipping colors first, Mask with regular masking tape, THEN I paint the semi-permanent, easy to chip off colors.

I did it the hardererered way. LOL

I think nobody will believe me if I said I masked the panel lines to paint it gold......
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
oh ok! now i get it, thanks again for the info, you masked the panel lines?! wow, tyaga ah. hehe!
No, i believe you! I believe!
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Masking is Trace's Forte, Tapos, yung sa akin I think is modding, daming oras eh (ngayon wala munang free time), Yung kay Fox, flirting naman. Este, painting pala.
'Signatures are overrated.'
(01-24-2010, 08:57 AM)Serene Wrote: Masking is Trace's Forte, Tapos, yung sa akin I think is modding, daming oras eh (ngayon wala munang free time), Yung kay Fox, flirting naman. Este, painting pala.

"By your powers combined, i am... one really cool model kit!" LOL

Ano na, kelan ba yung next kitbash?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(01-22-2010, 12:42 PM)Trace-02 Wrote: I think nobody will believe me if I said I masked the panel lines to paint it gold......

Ack! I was just kidding with this. <:3 I can show you guys how I did it on the next kitty meet. I hear DT has some big plans. XD Nice to se serene posting here againg.

Current Projects:
1. scrapped CRONUS restoration
2. Immaterial's Busou Shinki repaint.

Man... That Cronus restoration was a total pain, not to mention a total wtf when I disassembled it and found it had been totally infested with ANTS. Shock

(01-25-2010, 04:12 AM)Trace-02 Wrote: Man... That Cronus restoration was a total pain, not to mention a total wtf when I disassembled it and found it had been totally infested with ANTS. Shock

AMIDA infestation!

Fear
Quick, break out the flamethrowers! Flamethrower
Cronus:

Now with live mini organisms. XD
I can only comfort you through your dreams. When you are wide awake, all I can do is smile and enjoy your presence.
Thanks to that AMIDA infestation, I'm placing the CRONUS on hold. >___<

My current project (since I'm in the painting and masking mood nowadays):

Virtual On Marz Temjin Shadow by Hasegawa.
[Image: TemjinShadow00.jpg]

Man. The colors look really good! The only thing that sucks is the kit is totally dull out-of-box.

The full kit, sealed and sanded:
[Image: TemjinShadow01.jpg]

[Image: TemjinShadow02.jpg]

[Image: TemjinShadow03.jpg]

Will start with the priming and masking soon. >:3

Whoa, near-Nineball colors! I wanna see how this turns out. Woot
Nyup! The only difference it has with the Nineball is the silver paint.

I know arch_angel will like this project. LOL

Woah~ Sweet Sweetness~! I want so see the finished product!
'Signatures are overrated.'
Temjin Shadow update!

External and internals primed with Meta Black and Silver. :3 It already looks much better than the standard base color Hasegawa molded the kit with.
[Image: TemjinShadow04.jpg]
[Image: TemjinShadow05.jpg]
[Image: TemjinShadow06.jpg]

Partial assembly and masking start! (The masking part, I'm not really looking forward to. Since Pylox brand paints are such a pain to work with, I'm gonna start painting the large areas first, mask, and then paint the details after. <:3)
[Image: TemjinShadow07.jpg]

The red parts paquinted after getting primed with silver. :3
[Image: TemjinShadow08.jpg]

....and I got a little impatient and started to paquint the upper torso with Silver. Masking this part was pretty easy, but I'm thinking about how I'll mask the rest of the parts before I paquint the little ovals red.
[Image: TemjinShadow09.jpg]
[Image: TemjinShadow10.jpg]

That's it for this update. Currently detailing the Red and Grey parts (not shown) with panels. LOL