Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:57 AM
Amazon Kindle
It's the size of a regular paperback book, and it can wirelessly read your ebooks, magazines, blogs and whatnot. Plus since it's bigger than a cellphone screen it's automatically easier to read. Awesome.

[Image: amazonkindlesc5.jpg]

See it in action here.
I want one!!!
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

whoa!

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
Whoa, excellent piece of tech we've got there. Maybe in a year we'll be seeing that here commonly
A new DS lite costs a third of the price of the Kindle, and can do exactly the same thing? -_-
(And it can play Mario Kart)
Sforza Wrote:A new DS lite costs a third of the price of the Kindle, and can do exactly the same thing? -_-

I didn't know the DS could read ebooks.
theGrim Wrote:
Sforza Wrote:A new DS lite costs a third of the price of the Kindle, and can do exactly the same thing? -_-

It can read pdf files and display scanlated manga, even. You need a mod cartridge though, but these days most everybody who's selling a DS includes it.

I don't have a DS though LOL
Sforza Wrote:
theGrim Wrote:

It can read pdf files and display scanlated manga, even. You need a mod cartridge though, but these days most everybody who's selling a DS includes it.

hmm... i know ds is pretty common in japan bec. of its functions... it has wifi too right!??

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
azuriel07 Wrote:
Sforza Wrote:
theGrim Wrote:

hmm... i know ds is pretty common in japan bec. of its functions... it has wifi too right!??

Yes, but it can't log on to wireless networks that have WEP or WPA.

My cousin has a DS lite, which is where I found these things out.
A DS is a handheld gaming console that happens to be able to read ebooks, but the Kindle is a gadget optimized to display ebooks for easy reading and to even download these things with its wireless net capability. The screen of the Kindle is much bigger.

I really think that only people who already read books will use the device. I'd pick the DS for sure if given the choice because I like the smell and touch of paper.
AppleHead Wrote:I really think that only people who already read books will use the device. I'd pick the DS for sure if given the choice because I like the smell and touch of paper.

Same here.
Hardcopies are way better IMO. I love the smell of fresh photocopies though.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Thanks, Oprah!