Current time: 06-16-2024, 10:45 PM
LR: Core-part Preferences
Yes, we agree. My only question is essentially ... why use URANUS instead of E2?

E2 can't recharge, but it doesn't need to. Given the same piloting style, E2 will strip more AP more reliably with less EN management. I just feel like I often have to plan and baby-sit the URANUS EO, whereas with E2, I can focus on positioning. E2 will take care of putting its load on target, and then get out of the way. And plus it looks like a spoiler! Vroom!
Terminator98's analysis of cores:

The best cores out there are the follwing ones, in my honest and moderated opinion:

- EOS: Ties with the /UL2 for the best OB core in the game. This core has got the most powerful OB function out there, excellent AP and defenses, and on top of that, isn't that heavy. Truely, what else would you ask. (Apart from optional slots and AMS...)

- /UL2: As I said, ties with the EOS for the best OB core. That core is simply awesome. It's light, it's got AMS, it's got Hangers, AND it's got OB. Tongue
On top of that, you can OB a long time with it. +19 OP SLOTS!!!!!
Only problem is EN drain and defenses, but that should be resolved with MACACQUE arms or better legs.

- GAEA: I really think that this is the BEST EO core out there. Why do you ask?

"T98, 98E2 has got an awesome firing rate, and is lighter, and drains no energy!!!"

"T98, 89E has got rifle fire as well, and has got less EN drain, + around the same weight, only a little bit heavier than GAEA! On top of that, it fires slightly faster!"

Let me tell you this:

- GAEA's laser shot have got the BEST tracking and ACCURACY out there.
- GAEA's lasers must be pop fired, not left out constantly.
- GAEA lasers are usually slightly more powerful as you should have got the GOLGI or HISTON optionals on.
- GAEA is energy based damage. It punches better through most frames.

Take the 98E2 or the URANUS on a moving target that's bunny hopping. You will clearly see that not all the shots will land, even 50% of the shots will be off. Smart people usually back away when the 98E2 is whipped out, and beyond a certain range, that core only knows how to miss. (Courtesy of low velocity and low accuracy)

Still, don't take me wrongly, the 98E2 is lighter and etc... than the GAEA, but still, a GAEA core user has got longer range, and better damage potential overall.

98E2 is goo if your AC is sure to be able to keep close range ONLY.

- UA:

This core... looks ugly and fat. But seriously, it's got the best stats of all cores. It's surprisingly light, has got TONS of AP, tons of Defenses, and has got hangers + AMS. what else would you ask for? It's also got just enough to squeeze in most vital optional parts.

-U4/U3/U2

These cores are all excellent. U2 is if you need a lighter and less EN Draining, U3 if you want OP parts and better defenses. U4 is for good AP and good defenses while remaining light enough.
U5 is just overshadowed by the others though...

-/UL & Helios

They're good, but I think that they're overshadowed by the /UL2.
(The Helios has got better OB, but lacks AMS, has got worse AP, and no hangers, making the /UL2 slightly better than it)
/UL is good, but /UL2 simply does everything better than it...

Other cores worth mentioning:

ATLAS and RAKAN. They CAN be good, but they need specific builds.
[Image: t98sig.png]
Uranus and 69M go well together, or even Uranus and P3.
For some reason, I don't really like the Uranus, in fact, it's my least favorite EO core I think. It's EO function's ability isn't as great as others IMO... if it did fire like it did in AC3-ACSL, that's another story...
[Image: t98sig.png]
Actually T98, it's a bit more controlled now in NX-LR. In AC3 and SL you had to pay attention more to it because the rapid fire could really drain your en in no time.
That's why the Uranus isn't very good. I usually use the E2 and Selena. E2 has good CAMS too. The Selena for short range shotgun attacks.
'Signatures are overrated.'
In your opinion it isn't very good you mean.
I prefer using OB cores in SL or any game before NX. Personally I like the ATLAS and the URANUS (SL version).

In LR, I'm all for either hanger cores or EOs, excluding energy EO cores. Energy EO cores drain too much EN per shot for my own taste. My favorite cores are 99UL, CRONUS, UL2, E2, and 89E.

OB cores in LR? EOS and UL2. IIRC, I think I also had fun using the HELIOS when Grim and I were playing against each other on the last meet. LOL

Edit:
My bad. It's HELIOS, not URANUS. LOL
(12-03-2009, 09:16 AM)DarkFury Wrote: In your opinion it isn't very good you mean.

Well, I guess it's just my style anyway. I usually tend to forget turning off EOs because I focus too much on the chase.
URANUS being crappy is pretty much a fact.
The E2 beats the Uranus stat-wise. The big plus is E2 has CAMS and 1.5k plus damage if all the rounds land without having to maintain energy. The only good this with the Uranus is the option slots and the EO's being enhanceable. But it's always the energy drain.
I can't really find any advantages in urAnus exept for the extra optional slut.
I'm better off with a Cronus and hangered Dual Perytons.
(12-04-2009, 01:12 PM)Serene Wrote: I'm better off with a Cronus and hangered Dual Perytons.

That's better off than most combos. LOL
ac3/sl : gaea

lr: cronus or 99ul w/ dual h1 hangered
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Armored Core: Verdict Day Lord_Leperman 365 447,308 05-30-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: farmboy28
  AC3: I think, i just hacked armored core 3 Serph 4 7,002 05-26-2012, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Serph
  FA: Part Properties adiyel 8 12,360 10-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog