The Raven Republic Forums
Gran Turismo - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Gran Turismo (/showthread.php?tid=727)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Gran Turismo - Goat - 12-13-2010

Tested the others. I probably should've bought the Gallardo or an F430 instead, but I think the LFA should do fine. My B-Spec driver even drove it worse than any other AI (placing last on the same damn tier). Will try out the Viper GTS once I've garnered enough money (god, maintaining the LFA just emptied my pocket).

RE: Gran Turismo - Goat - 01-03-2011

Necro:

Thank you Polyphony Digital for not putting a choice whether to surely restart a race or not. Now I'll have to repeat 4 hours of racing.

FUCK YOU

RE: Gran Turismo - Hempire - 01-04-2011

vrooom vroom HURRRR.

Big grin

RE: Gran Turismo - Fox - 01-04-2011

(01-03-2011, 06:50 PM)Goat Wrote: Necro:

Thank you Polyphony Digital for not putting a choice whether to surely restart a race or not. Now I'll have to repeat 4 hours of racing.

FUCK YOU

Lemme guess - it was an endurance race then you accidentally used the "Race Again?" option that was included in the last update?

Yeah, i've heard a bunch of complaints already about that one not having a Yes or No selection. Sad

RE: Gran Turismo - Goat - 01-13-2011

Another thread bump. Related to the PS3's recent hack.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-hacking-begins-via-ps3-exploit/

Quote:Their first major accomplishment involves a way to easily duplicate game-saves between different PSN accounts.

That’s interesting, but the next step -- manipulating the game data itself -- could have far greater implications . Imagine, for example, the ability to manually set any attribute of any car in your garage (power, weight, etc.) to any value, or swap out engines, transmissions, and other parts.

Quote:however, this could enable dishonest players to compete with others using an unfair and hidden advantage.

Gads. LOL

RE: Gran Turismo - Fox - 01-20-2011

My shopping list for this January. Goal is to get at least two-thirds of these cars before the end of the month.

Caterham Seven Fire Blade ‘02
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ‘09
Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 ‘02
Citroën GT Road/Race Car
Lamborghini Murciélago SuperVeloce
Enzo Ferrari ‘02
Ferrari 458 Italia ‘09
Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1
Nissan GT-R Black Mask '07
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II

EDIT - list to be updated as i obtain the cars.

EDIT2 - yep, halfway there.

EDIT3 - month's over, progress still ongoing.

EDIT4 - only four more to go.

RE: Gran Turismo - Goat - 01-25-2011

Another necro, but LOL

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/941103-/57752573

@ Fox:

I could give you a Citroen GT Road Car or its concept version, Bugatti, Black Mask, Ford GT LM Spec II, Scuderia, and a SuperVeloce if you want (add me). Just saw your post now.

RE: Gran Turismo - Fox - 01-26-2011

Thanks for the offer, Goat, but it's more of a personal goal for me. Tell you what, i'll take you up on that offer for whichever of those cars i don't obtain by the end of the month. The annoying thing about the Veyron is that it only randomly appears in the Used Cars section, especially during time when i don't have any money for it. Tongue

RE: Gran Turismo - Goat - 01-26-2011

(01-26-2011, 06:33 AM)Fox Wrote: Thanks for the offer, Goat, but it's more of a personal goal for me. Tell you what, i'll take you up on that offer for whichever of those cars i don't obtain by the end of the month. The annoying thing about the Veyron is that it only randomly appears in the Used Cars section, especially during time when i don't have any money for it. Tongue

Hahah alright. Btw, you get it as a reward at some point after beating a specific race in ASPEC iirc.

RE: Gran Turismo - Fox - 01-26-2011

Must be one of those championships in the Professional, Expert and Extreme categories that i haven't entered yet.

RE: Gran Turismo - maitreya - 02-01-2011

I think you get the Veryon in the Gran Turismo World Championship in the Professional Series (A-Spec).

And that car is, btw, one fast moving giant brick with auto-adjusting wings based on current speed (adjust the gear ratios for killer acceleration!). XD

RE: Gran Turismo - Fox - 02-10-2011

Never expected to see one of these in the game.

[Image: VWBeetle.jpg]

Stumbled upon it in the Used Car section. Bought it and spent around just over a hundred grand tuning it. After getting the last of the upgrades, the result was a featherlight 672lb with an astounding 76bhp, which would've thrilled people in post-WWII Germany. Happy

Yep, it sucked big time. Couldn't even place first in the Sunday Cup.

RE: Gran Turismo - Grim - 02-13-2011

Holy shit. I wasn't looking at the thread title and I totally thought that was a photograph of a real car. Ohmy

RE: Gran Turismo - Goat - 02-13-2011

Yep. That's PD alright. GT on the PS2 even looked photorealistic as well, which is something to look at in retrospect.

I heard a few rumors that PD was supposed to have that sort of graphics during gameplay as well, which then took around 6 months to model per car. Like MGS4, they had to downgrade at the last minute when they found out that the PS3 still has its limits. It never went outside photo mode, pity.

Here's what I had before. Won't be playing the game anytime soon because I borrowed my uncle's Killzone 2 copy, lending him this as thanks. LOL

[Image: RedBullHangar-7.jpg]

[Image: 0H3mSYRoZ9tGVXtZx_0.jpg]

[Image: Bern-MarketStreet_1.jpg]

[Image: Kyoto-Gion_1.jpg]

[Image: Bern-MarketStreet.jpg]

@ Fox:
How's your shopping list btw? LOL

I think I saw a Diablo GT-1 once on the online dealership. Somewhere around 700k iirc. You win the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II from some race too.

@ Thread:

Anyone tried out taking pictures of a car's interior? Never tried it though, but if you look at it the detailing is insane; exactly the same irl. Blink

RE: Gran Turismo - atdsutm - 02-21-2011

theres a new patch adding a ton of stuff in GT5

including specifically changing gear ratios (only heard on forum posts havent directly confirmed it yet)