The Raven Republic Forums
Delta Mk.III - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Armored Core (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Forum: Designs (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: 3rd Generation (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Delta Mk.III (/showthread.php?tid=612)

- Iguana - 01-25-2007

Delta Mk.III

H: S2 (4 Shell DEF, 6 Energy DEF)
C: URANUS (3 Shell DEF, 7 Energy DEF)
A: XS (4 Shell DEF, 6 Energy DEF)
L: DINGO2 (4 Shell DEF, 6 Energy DEF)
B: GULL (100% Boost Heat)
FCS: F73H
GEN: LOTUS (10 EN Output)
RAD: ANANDA (10 Cooling)
INS: -
EXT: -
BUR: HARPY2
BUL: RA
AUR: PIXIE3
AUL: DRAGON

OPs: AMINO, O69ES, O69SS, L+, CODON, GOLGI, HISTON, MARISHI.

-=-=-=-

After playing the original Delta as a 100% rushing design, I realized that it had lacked any sort of control over the combat field. This made the AC go running straight into opponents that would just backpedal and spam.

I recently learned my lesson from Delta Mk.II, and saw that although it had superior control of where the battle went by using the YASYA OCs, it wasn't able to keep the target pressured for more than 3 - 5 seconds at a time. This was by no means satisfactory to me in terms of overall potential.

And now with Delta Mk.III, I'm able to get both the speed (and radar, lol) from Delta, and a small grasp of control from Delta Mk.II as well. Behold the HARPY2!

Originally, I would have never even considered HARPY or HARPY2 due to being unaccustomed to using them. But given my recent practice wth the YASYA's weight and EN drain, I can definately come to appreciate what the HARPY2 is capable of.

Although the HARPY and HARPY2's OCs can literally be 'walked off' by an enemy AC, they're incredibly pressuring weapons when placed together with Delta Mk.III's rushing style of play. If the enemy is moving all around the HARPY2 OCs it will limit the places they'll go just like the YASYA OCs, though not quite as effective.

The (obvious) major upside to the HARPY2's OCs is that they follow their target, unlike the stationary (but still awesome) YASYA. The fact that Delta Mk.II now has the ability to keep even the fastest enemies pressured in the open is definately a welcome factor considering the difficulty it usually has being a CQ design at heart.

Isn't it neat how much of an AC's playing style is changed by a single weapon?

{{It also becomes the original Delta once the HARPY2 is dropped. So I guess that's a plus with the RR community, lol.}}

- Blessed - 01-25-2007

First things first, Harpy2 is a banned weapon(go figure...). I can care less if you use it against me 'cause I don't think its all that great(against tanks yeah, but otherwise no), but against kai junkies that follow the ban list like the Ten Commandments, I'd switch over to Harpy.

Also, since you plan on rushing with this thing w/out OB, then Dingo2 has to go. Dingo/89F/Cougar2 make good replacement legs for this AC.

- Iguana - 01-25-2007

HARPY2 = Banned?

I must see the ban list to believe it. Don't know where to find one though, so a link to one would be nice.

Even so, I can still manage with the HARPY instead of the HARPY2 if needed.

The only parts I really consider to be worth banning are:

TP - Overkill power in boosting.
ROE - Makes EN Rifles that are good even better.
ROE2 - Makes any EN Rifle spammable.
H3 (Hangered) - To much heat and ammo.
HP (Hangered) - So much compact damage it's rediculous.
ROC4 (Hangered) - As said by NiX, "It's like having an extra SHADE. It's just wrong."

- wanzerfreak - 01-25-2007

Quote:{{It also becomes the original Delta once the HARPY2 is dropped. So I guess that's a plus with the RR community, lol.}}

you got it wrong.

the yasya is dead weight. if i remember correctly, i recommended the harpy and the 69m+gar combo in case pure charging the enemy with paper thin armor doesn't work.

- Grim - 01-25-2007

<!--QuoteBegin-Iguana+Jan 25 2007, 01:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iguana @ Jan 25 2007, 01:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The (obvious) major upside to the HARPY2's OCs is that they follow their target, unlike the stationary (but still awesome) YASYA. [/quote:04a9832d6d]
Yes. This is why I couldn't see your point about the Yasyas being effective, when people could just boost out of them too. Provide replays lol. Tongue

Since the current weapon setup is tuned towards CQC, and I'd agree with Blessed and wanzer here that those legs might prove to be a liability when rushing. I missed that point in this design's first incarnation, I think. That said, Dingo2 underweighs like no other in its class though.

- Iguana - 01-25-2007

YASYA takes practice to become used to. It's hard to utilize it effectively, but is well worth it if done correctly. However, the Delta series are almost exclusively CQ in weaponry, so it was unable to manage hitting target from more than 130+ in range.

As for the DINGO2, if you don't go DFA with them you won't have them getting hit. You'll last for the entire round with fully functional legs, you just need to be from the ground and let the core and head take the damage instead.

Given how the design is high on energy demand, it's a pretty grounded AC. Not to say it can't engage targets from the air, but it's just not suited towards aerial combat due to the high energy demand it has for maximum damage potential.

- Serene - 01-25-2007

I don't think Harpy2's are banned here...

Hmm...
A pressure inducing gounr combat AC...
Cool~!
Looks like your trademark style's pressuring your opponent with Orbits...

Definitely Dingo or Cougar2 on this one...
But since it looks like you're into underweighting, you might as well stick woth Dingo2...

Try putting on some extensions...
I recommend the RM on this one for easy dropping...