The Raven Republic Forums
Fall 2013 Anime - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Forum: Media (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Forum: Animation (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Thread: Fall 2013 Anime (/showthread.php?tid=3317)

Fall 2013 Anime - Lord_Leperman - 09-10-2013

[Image: ibpdy6o55LnlmA.jpg]

Personally looking forward to:

Coppelion -

Quote:In 2016, a catastrophe occurs after a nuclear meltdown from the nearby Odaiba nuclear power plant, contaminating Tokyo, forcing the government to order its citizens to evacuate the city. 20 years later, the city has become a ghost town due to the high levels of radiation and the government has banned entry for anyone. When a distress signal is received from Tokyo, the Self-Defense Forces dispatch 3 girls from the special rescue unit Coppelion to search for survivors. Due to genetic engineering, the Coppelions are impervious to radiation while also possessing special skills.

I've read the manga and I'd liken the whole experience to Dark Souls in terms of trying to uncover the secrets of a long forgotten land (In this case, Tokyo, Japan approximately 20 years after a nuclear fallout). If you were curious about urban exploration of abandoned places, or enjoyed going around when playing STALKER games, you might like this series since I'd liken the experience of reading the manga to those games.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel -

Quote:Due to global warming and rising sea levels of the early 21st century, humanity lost much of the Earth's landmass. At the same time, fleets of powerful sentient ships of unknown origin armed with advanced technology and weapons, known collectively as the "Fleet of Fog", mysteriously appeared and easily vanquished the world's naval forces. The Fleet of Fog impose a worldwide naval and aerial blockade, and thus preventing humanity from traveling across the seas.
In the year 2039, 17 years after the blockade, Gunzō Chihaya is a former student of the Japanese National Marine Academy and Captain of his crew, the Blue Steel fleet. The Blue Steel are infamous for possessing the only Fog submarine to have defected to the human side, the I-401 along its avatar Iona. Gunzō and his crew are hired by a faction of the Japanese government to deliver plans of a powerful weapon that may allow mankind to fight back against the Fleet of Fog to the United States, the only country that did not suffer from the blockade, thus capable of mass-producing it. However, the Blue Steel fleet faces obstacles not only from the Fleet of Fog and their human allies, but from other factions of the government with their own agenda, while gaining allies from both sides to increase their chances against such overwhelming odds.

Notable Mecha anime for this season:

Infinite Stratos
Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road
Valrave the Liberator Season 2
Gundam Build Fighters

RE: Fall 2013 Anime - Sirius140 - 09-10-2013

Wow this is a much bigger lineup than the past two seasons.

RE: Fall 2013 Anime - HayWire - 09-10-2013

@Hajime no Ippo Rising

[Image: tumblr_mo0f5sqFEs1rmerh9o1_500_zpsec62481a.jpg]

@Madoka Magica's 3rd movie (English title's Puella Magi Madoka Magica : Rebellion Story)
(Here's the trailer+interview clips)

I actually already knew about the release of the movie since the early part of the year.

[Image: tumblr_mmepfyJ24J1r22cbdo5_250_zps22241c52.gif]

They're actually going to show it in theaters - Japan, USA and France only though. The tickets are special by the way.

[Image: tumblr_mmm51kfaxb1r922azo1_500_zpsb5f576c6.gif]

Aside from that, Log Horizon sounds interesting to me. Reminds me sort of like (dot) Hack in a way though.

Regardless, the things I plan to watch are probably going to make me drown in feels.

RE: Fall 2013 Anime - Hell Heart - 09-12-2013

Not sure what to look forward to even if its under the mech genre.. I dropped Valvrape the Penetrator due to "that" episode and also dropped that other one as I found it quite shallow.. The only one sorta lived up to expectation last season was Susei no Gargantia..