The Raven Republic Forums
Project: "Minotaur" - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Armored Core (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Forum: Designs (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: 3rd Generation (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Project: "Minotaur" (/showthread.php?tid=309)

Pages: 1 2

- wanzerfreak - 11-13-2006

it's time i post a heavy that doesn't stand on FA legs. Smile) this ac is currently on the prototype stage so there is no primary variant as of this post. still cheap if you ask me, hehehe.

the frame:

84e2 (+3 solid def, +7 en def)
u3 (+5 cooling, +5 solid def)
s3 (+5 solid def, + +5 en def)
humanoid a2 (+4 cooling, +3 en def, +3 solid def)
vulture2 (+2 power, +4 accell, +4 heat reduction)
g91 (+10 output)
ananada (+10 cooling)
f73h
no insides

piant: black and brown. exact stats will be posted soon, along with firecracker.

main weapon choices: harpy/syakatsura/73mv, nymphe, rm3, shade/rl/98l, and r3/1hp

current weapon set: nymphe, syakatsura, rm3, shade, 1hp

hangared weapons: 2x 69h

optionals: amino, es, ss, la, l+, codon, ribose, marishi (considering dropping the ss for the golgi, or drop both ss and ribose for the phage)

know issues:

1. 84e2 breaks like glass, but i want it to keep it to stay true with the theme.
2. barely average defense for a heavyweight biped.
3. doesn't have that much stability for a heavyweight biped.
4. doesn't have that much heat resistance.

- maitreya - 11-14-2006

How about taking out the Marishi and Ribose then put in the Golgi? For me, I'd probably go for Harpy2 or 73MV over the Syakatsura, R3 for HP for more range control. But the current setup works either way.

- wanzerfreak - 11-16-2006

alright, here's the primary variant:

minotaur type a, the "fun" build

89e (+10 cooling)
humanoid a2 (+3 cooling, +3 en def, +1 weight reduction)
g91 (+10 output)
ananada (+10 cooling)
f73h
-no insides-
rm3
nymphe
syakatsura
shade or rl
69h
--
--

optionals: amino, es, la, l+, codon, marishi, golgi (replace with ss with the rl on)

strategies are simple. spam the nymphe+rm3 at the start of the match, then drop once empty. activate the eo when close. syakatura can be used as a distraction while you engage with 69h+eo at mid-short range. engage with shade+69h+eo at midrange.

other variants:

type B "Ranger" is equipped with the shade, r3, nymphe, and 73mv with the 89e replaced by the u3 (+5 cooling, +5 en def). 2x69h occupy the hanger slots. use verts as indirect offens against opponents who would like to hide behind obstacles.

as promised, here's the paint scheme:

format: red/green/ blue

b-15/15/15/
a-74/35/12
o-64/31/19
d-176/143/31
j-50/50/50

- wanzerfreak - 11-22-2006

another variant:

Minotaur type C "Guardian"

u3 (+5 cooling, +5 soild def)
humanoid a2 (+4 cooling, +2 en def, +4 weight reduction)
gull (+10 heat reduction) or vulture2 (+2 power, +4 accell, +4 heat reduction)
fudoh (+10 output) or 91 (+10 output)
ananada (+10 cooling)
f73h
-no insides-
69m
73mv
98l or RS*
1hp
69h
69h

optionals: amino, es, la, l+, codon, marishi, phage

the lowdown:

the 98l and 1hp are there to discourage rushers, although the 98l can be also spammed at mid-range because of it's accuracy. i chose both because they seem to burn out at the same rate.

69m+rm3 are your direct-fire missile offence. the 73mv can be used with or without the relations to harrass your opponent.

the B/G combo seems to allow the the 98l to be spammed for a long period of time but it could take a while to replenish. i tried putting back the g91+vult2 back and seemed to spam the mini-sawa less and the energy bar seems to refresh at the same rate..... Sad

EDIT - i think i confused the AP with the A2. i think i got it right now. Big grin

EDIT - added g91+v2 and RS* as alternatives

- Lord_Leperman - 11-24-2006

As much as I like the 98L, I always felt that the RS was superior in every way except for its ND lockbox. So yeah, I recomend that at least for your type C variant, at least you can devote all the AC's energy for mobility and arial attacks, which is wuite possible with he given frame Big grin.

- wanzerfreak - 11-24-2006

with the RS and a WS lefty, it's just like having dual sp locks. it ain't that much of a problem. Big grin

sulit din ang tira mo kahit maliit ang lockbox. when it turns red, it's usually a guaranteed hit. but if the situation demands a change in strategy, i can always drop the sniper rifle and switch to dual handguns. (god bless hanger cores.)

tsaka, hindi pa ako nakakita ng lumilipad na kalabaw. this will be fun!

thanks. Big grin

--------

note: screw what i said about the recovery of the g91 and the fudoh being the same. i did some further testing and it turns out that g91 still refreshes faster than that fudoh. but instead of dropping the fudoh+gull entirely, i will still keep them as an atlernative.

- wanzerfreak - 12-05-2006

an amalgamation of type A and type B. i call it the AGRESSOR.

89e (+10 cooling)
s3 (+5 cooling, + +5 en def)
humanoid a2 (+7 cooling, +3 en def)
g91 (+10 output)
ananada (+10 cooling)
f73h
-no insides-
rm3
nymphe
syakatsura
shade
r3*
--
--

optionals: amino, es, la, l+, codon, marishi, golgi

- Grim - 12-05-2006

Man, you really love your variants, don't you? Hehe.

Anyway, I've used this weapon combo before, and it's pretty solid. Sustainable (key word) energy and shell damage, with a good rhythm between them. Can't argue with the backmounts and extensions either.

Only thing for me would be to change to the A72F arms, as I feel that they are the best non-broken midweight arms in the game (Lemur doesn't count, that bad-ass should be in the heavy division).

Oh, and Medusa. I've started to see how some solid and complete defense can really win over aggressive opponents.

- wanzerfreak - 12-05-2006

well, for one thing the a72f lacks en def. same thing with the 89e. put them together and you'll have some serious problems against en weapons.

btw,

"Man, you really love your variants, don't you? Hehe."

oh yeah. like i said, my design philosophy is heavily influenced by mechwarrior and front mission. Big grin

- wanzerfreak - 01-04-2007

update:

AGRESSOR II

u2(+5 cooling, +5 en def)
humanoid a2 (couldn't remember the tunes for this thing...)
g91 (+10 output)
ananada (+10 cooling)
f73h
-no insides-
rm3
69m
73mv
b3
r3
--
--

optionals: amino, es, la, kissyoh, l+, codon, marishi

- Grim - 01-04-2007

69M? Now we're talking. Default missiles for the win.

Honestly, those missiles are very good. If only they didn't fire one at a time. A maximum of two or three would still have made it good without really breaking it.

R3 always works well, but the B3... are you using this as mainly a deterrent when they come closer, and just allowing the verts to do the dirty work? Or is it more of a rush weapon, using the R3 as spam?

- wanzerfreak - 01-04-2007

either way will do. Big grin

although i wish the b3 stunned like the bp....

- wanzerfreak - 01-28-2007

i have this OB design in my head for quite some time now...

eos(+5 cooling, +5 en def)
lemur (max cooling))
humanoid a2 (still couldn't remember the tunes for this thing... LOL)
g91 (max output)
ananada (max cooling)
f73h
medusa
rm3 or gar
73mv
harpy or echidna2
b3
88s2
--
--

optionals: amino, es, la, kissyoh, l+, codon, marishi

i wonder if the a2 can accept the new loadout. i'll start working on this thing by tomorrow.........

- Goat - 01-29-2007

I'd go for the A2 for better energy def, less drain and more stability, but I think that's just me.

- wanzerfreak - 01-29-2007

actually, the humanoid a2 has low stability compared to the fa, which is made of pure cheese.