The Raven Republic Forums
ACV Tips and Q&A - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Armored Core (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Forum: Theory and Concept (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Prior Generations (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Thread: ACV Tips and Q&A (/showthread.php?tid=3041)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

ACV: Tips and Q&A - Sforza - 03-23-2012

Is there an equivalent of boost hopping? Whats rhe best way to get from point A to B?

Whats the best way to dodge attacks?

Also, sometimes quick boost doesn't work for me even if the bar is full. Is there something wron with my controller? This usually happens at the start of the stage.

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - NiX - 03-23-2012

All the movement tricks are now connected with the booster-toggle button. I'm still totally noob at it right now, but Goat said he'd fill us up on this soon enough. I'd appreciate some tips in this thread too.

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - Grim - 03-23-2012

Yeah, I feel like molasses when I'm in the air - very vulnerable. I don't know if that's intentional to slow the pace of the game down to a mechanical, gritty feeling or if just a noob. I'm thinking hi-boost + boost drive are the main ways to get around maps quickly? And is everyone turning off the auto boost function?

Anyway, I'm pretty much digging into the game this Saturday night. Will let everyone know my findings if there are any.

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - Goat - 03-23-2012

I usually rely on hopping/kicking buildings to go from A to B. That way, I can hide from enemy fire asap, then use the obstacles to navigate around the area.

That's what I do for dodging now as well. Can't be too aggressive because I've experienced lag where ACs look like they aren't facing at my direction but actually are, taking bits or even a chunk of my AP as a result. I rely on blindspots then, the ones where you're sure that they won't be able to hit you.

If you don't want to rely on cover in order to go from nav A to B, what I do is activate OB and QB from time to time, then deactivate and re-toggle so I could land on the ground asap and OB again.

Banking also helps during anti-flanking maneuvers afaik, or if you just want to look around the place with the least effort. I don't do the boost toggle deactivated before I do the actual maneuver though; too risky imo because there's a supposed delay, especially when you're using low-accel boosters. I just toggle them to lose altitude and land quickly so I could get away from the limited options for boosters whilst on mid-air.

You could reactivate OB at once anyway once you've reactivate your boosters upon landing, so after a bank, you can backtrack with OB if you're sure you won't get hit while doing it.

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - NiX - 03-23-2012

^I think you need to more specifically describe how to execute the booster toggle tricks. LOL

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - Goat - 03-23-2012

(03-23-2012, 01:28 PM)NiX Wrote: ^I think you need to more specifically describe how to execute the booster toggle tricks. LOL

I dunno how to explain it here. I'll try to ask Niji for corrections I remember to do so. LOL

Let me try though:

BOOST:

Toggling boost while turning on either left or right = sharp turn. not recommended while being engaged; only when flanked

QB> Deactivate Boost > Land> Reactivate Boost Toggle while turing = banking.

OB> QB > Deactivate Boost > Land > Reactivate Boost > QB while turning on your preferred direction = banking *possibly in a stronger degree*. not QBing before deactivating boost will only achieve the same effect as a sharp turn

Jump while pressing stick towards wall = climb.

Jump while pressing stick away from wall (left/right/diagonal left or right/away from wall) = rebound.

Also, I want to test out applying OB+QB regularly against incoming projectiles. Well it does work with AI (but it's only AI), but I'd like to see if I can dodge against anyone with it (haven't tried it that much on multiplayer yet). Of course, I'll need a non-lagging opponent. I've done it a few times on the demo and worked so far against JP players at that time though (but I'm more of an accel type user now; OB seems too slow with accel type boosters).

Other than that, watch PvP videos and experiment on buildings and terrain when you kick them.

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - Lord_Leperman - 03-23-2012

So far, basic rules from me:

Always take the high ground when your AC has legs. Always stay behind cover and behind many buildings in order to take advantage of wall jumping from many angles against an opponent grounded on to the ground.

Use cover to break enemy locks, pop in and out from time to time and take pot-shots at enemies, if you have a quick locking weapon at an appropriate range and your enemy has a slow locking weapon.

If you're a quad, stay at stand-off ranges in wide open areas where you can see from a distance and pick off enemies with sniper cannons. It also helps if your AC color scheme is camouflaged to the environment.

CIWS shoulder weapons make your AC virtually missile-proof, truly amazing stuff. Even a horde of 10 missile launchers firing at you simultaneously is no match for CIWS. I swear by this part with regards to its effectiveness.

Stay away from water as much as possible, since you can't jump on those surfaces. And if your stability drops, you sink in the water, getting you stuck.

When invading territory, keep an eye out for hidden turrets. Especially the ones that jam your generator and movement, leaving you like a sitting duck. I encountered one base with multiple vertical missile launchers, generator jammers, and movement jammers. Under normal circumstances my AC would have been easily destroyed, but thank goodness for CIWS, making any of the missile turrets moot.

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - atdsutm - 03-24-2012

what are the ways to avoid missiles and to create a distance from enemies? missiles feels different when im trying to dodge them.

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - RoninFang - 03-24-2012

If anybody has tested the Moonlight blade, i am interested hows the moonlight in AC 5

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - Hell Heart - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 12:25 AM)atdsutm Wrote: what are the ways to avoid missiles and to create a distance from enemies? missiles feels different when im trying to dodge them.

High boost. Thats pretty much the only way or if you can, and which I may say is difficult, try to go in as fast as you can towards the missles. It will miss you most of the time but you need to be fast in order to do this so its better if you do High boost but you can always equip CIWS.

In anycase. As per my observations:

-You can hide underwater, provided you have an escape plan. (As long as your enemy Isnt using scan (I think. Will need further test) and isnt using a wide FCS)

-I swear by flash rockets and CIWS
-Its better to maneuver while youre on the ground than up in the air with no buildings around you
-Dont get hit with a Pile driver. (Seriously!)
-Missles are annoying and large missles does hurt like how they did before with awesome tracking.

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - Ichi - 03-24-2012

well as for the boost hopping, maybe you guys can try this one, when airborne turn your booster off then QB to the desired direction then press the jump button then repeat, well that's what i do to boost hop, and it works for me so just give it a try, and counter guns are also effective in adding some damage to your target, since it's like you have this shoulder EO, effective against quads and tanks, well i noticed that quads have lower defense against kinetic type ammo, and you can rip em to shreds with a dual rifle + counter gun combo in less than 30 secs, given that you're at a range wherein they wouldn't be able to run that far to snipe you, or in my case i use a gatling gun + rifle + counter gun combo i reserve my batt rif for mid, lights or heavies, and for territory conquests i still bring my gatling gun if ever i get too lazy to change to CIWS, so i can shoot down incoming missiles, still depends on your play style, and your teammate's setup, but since i can't coordinate with my teammates in the JP version, i just bring what i regularly use
(03-24-2012, 02:13 AM)RoninFang Wrote: If anybody has tested the Moonlight blade, i am interested hows the moonlight in AC 5

well i tried the Moonlight, and...well...it just somehow doesn't feel right...i dunno, it's like you can't feel whether you've successfully hit your opponent with it or not, it doesn't feel like you've slashed someone with it...i dunno maybe it's just me...so i threw away my upgraded moonlight and used an upgraded murakumo instead, although the moonlight's damage is far superior to that of a murakumo, oh btw murakumo is the solid blade in ACV, the murakumo gives that sort of heavy impact feel when you hit a target with it, maybe it's because of the animation and the sound that it makes, and it even somewhat pushes your target a bit depending on what angle you successfully hit it with

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - J.E_Magog - 03-24-2012

I agree turning off your boosters is the closest thing to a boost hop. Normally my left index finger is just holding the L1(jump) button so that whenever I hit a wall or the ground I automatically jump back up.

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - Goat - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 11:22 AM)Ichi Wrote: well as for the boost hopping, maybe you guys can try this one, when airborne turn your booster off then QB to the desired direction then press the jump button then repeat, well that's what i do to boost hop, and it works for me so just give it a try, and counter guns are also effective in adding some damage to your target, since it's like you have this shoulder EO, effective against quads and tanks, well i noticed that quads have lower defense against kinetic type ammo, and you can rip em to shreds with a dual rifle + counter gun combo in less than 30 secs, given that you're at a range wherein they wouldn't be able to run that far to snipe you, or in my case i use a gatling gun + rifle + counter gun combo i reserve my batt rif for mid, lights or heavies, and for territory conquests i still bring my gatling gun if ever i get too lazy to change to CIWS, so i can shoot down incoming missiles, still depends on your play style, and your teammate's setup, but since i can't coordinate with my teammates in the JP version, i just bring what i regularly use
(03-24-2012, 02:13 AM)RoninFang Wrote: If anybody has tested the Moonlight blade, i am interested hows the moonlight in AC 5

well i tried the Moonlight, and...well...it just somehow doesn't feel right...i dunno, it's like you can't feel whether you've successfully hit your opponent with it or not, it doesn't feel like you've slashed someone with it...i dunno maybe it's just me...so i threw away my upgraded moonlight and used an upgraded murakumo instead, although the moonlight's damage is far superior to that of a murakumo, oh btw murakumo is the solid blade in ACV, the murakumo gives that sort of heavy impact feel when you hit a target with it, maybe it's because of the animation and the sound that it makes, and it even somewhat pushes your target a bit depending on what angle you successfully hit it with

Off-Topic: Has anyone translated the stuff you needed for you? Are you going to buy an R1 copy as well? LOL

Bili ka naaaaa hahahah

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - Ichi - 03-24-2012

wala makapag translate eh, pero nakuha ko yung subquest master, eventually na chambahan ko yung sa story 01, and i just tried doing the same thing with story 06 so my guess was right that story 01 and 06 had almost the same subquest left, then with story 09, i just tried checking other mission subquests and then i noticed that it was the same as with the boost charge thingy, the "destroy 10 enemies using boost charge" without the "10" and another kanji, so i thought that maybe i needed to defeat exusia using boost charge, then BINGO!, napag tyagaan ko din haha, ikaw ba naman ilang araw na maghapon mag laro ng story mission 01 ng paulit ulit hahaha

and well about the R1 copy, i dun think so...well maybe...since my operation raccoon city will arrive this april, i'm also planning to buy ACE R, habol na lang ako sa inyo if ever, btw post naman kayo if possible ng mga territory mission or pvp adventures nyo

RE: ACV: Piloting tips? - JVBrothers - 03-24-2012

Nice thread! I'll try to practice boost hopping then! Can't wait to go home and play! T_T