The Raven Republic Forums
RLA MW AC - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Armored Core (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Forum: Designs (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: 3rd Generation (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: RLA MW AC (/showthread.php?tid=233)

Pages: 1 2

- maitreya - 10-15-2006

EYE3 3/3/0/4
UL2 0//5/0/5
A94FL 0/3/4/3
COUGAR2 0/0/5/4/1
VULTURE2 0/0/4/6
F73H
G91
ANANDA
--
RM3
HARPY2
73MV
R3
RLA (Whoa!)
69H x2

Ops: Amino, ES, SS, EC, L+, CODON, Marishi

How to use: First and foremost, this AC is a dropper. Either drop the HARPY2 or the 73MV at the start. The rest of the frame and weapons are pretty much self-explanatory.

But for the RLA... Use it in-conjunction with either of the back weapons (with extensions). For example, shoot Harpy2, then the moment the orbits and the missiles are about to hit the AC, kick in the RLA. Because of the rapid-fire (and assuming the linear rifle hits), it'll minimize the movement of the opponent AC, so it'll get hit more by the orbits because of the successive stun of the RLA. Can be used for OB jousting too.

The magazine helps me judge when to attack with the back weapons or OBing and stuff.

Comments? Suggestions? Death threats?

- Grim - 10-15-2006

So this is the RLA AC you said you had. So I take it suggesting RL for the right hand and putting the R3 on the left instead is out of the question, huh? Tongue
I'm starting to love more and more the idea of these dropper ACs. Yeah, they may be looked down upon by some people in the community, but it's a legal tactic, and one that pays off big dividends for the player, especially in terms of flexibility and adaptation. Sorry, I'm thinking out loud again, and in your topic. Bad habit lol.

Hmm... OK. Since it's an OB AC, again I would fall back on the very reliable Lotus, without the EC optional part. Since you're dropping a back unit at the start anyway, overall drain shouldn't be that much of a bother. Vulture2/G91/Ananda's getting quite stale. People tend to rely on it too much, enough to stunt their growth in designing and handling heat (and no, I'm not talking about you Big grin).

Also, the Cougar2s break easily under pressure. Admittedly, not as fast as teh Dingo2s, but still relatively early in the match. I'd go with S2 on this one.

- AEA1 - 10-15-2006

hmm... a left handed AC. I've been tinkering about this idea for a long time. was supposed to show you guys at the tournament but since the cat's out of the bag...

things I've found out...

a left handed AC has the advantage of using the left hand as the primary weapon and back weapons as support. this means using a direct fire weapon and indirect firing weapons at the same time. both of which, you have to dodge at the same time.

nice weapon combos for left hand. best equipped on a maneuverable light or light mid frame, who can close in.

rifle (gast)+ nymphe + gar2 = constant stream of bullets and missiles

left bazooka + nymphe + gar2 = the zook stuns for the missiles and vice versa

left hand weapon + orbits + gar2 = 3 different weapons with different ways to dodge each

left hand weapon + verticals + gar2 = variant of the above.

sniper + MT + gar2 = try to dodge the sniper shot amist the missiles

- Grim - 10-15-2006

Correct on the observation. You're putting on pressure on the enemy with the lefty gun, and all the while hitting them hard with the back units, which are arguably a lot more powerful than some of the guns for the hand.

About your combinations, most of those would work, but I'd still pick RM3, RM or Gar over the Gar2 as an extension. :tongue:

People, wag kayong magsalita tungkol sa mga plano niyong dalhin sa tourney... not yet anyways. :wink:

- NiX - 10-15-2006

Just to add to the whole back unit + left hand unit topic:
Left-hand weapons that have small lockboxes (such as sniper rifles) can have their boxes boosted by back weapons, such as missiles.

As for the gen-booster-rad combo, I guess it's alright if you're not gonna whore OB. From my experience, this AC has OB mostly for jousting the RM3 anyway, so the G91's larger capacity allows the OB to be activated for longer periods of time.

Also, what's great about the RLA on the left is that it can defend you while waiting for MV to lock on, since the MV has a relatively long ping-time.

- AEA1 - 10-15-2006

gar2 is just my preference since it launches the most salvos among the relations.

YUP... It's a totally different attack pattern from a right handed AC.

- wanzerfreak - 10-15-2006

Quote:a left handed AC has the advantage of using the left hand as the primary weapon and back weapons as support. this means using a direct fire weapon and indirect firing weapons at the same time. both of which, you have to dodge at the same time.

this is the main reason why prometheus 9a fails. i told guppy over a PM about a week ago that she only had the syakatsura to throw at her opponent beyond the optimal range of her b2. worse, it didn't had relation support. she had a laserblade for frack's sake and she believed that it was "FINE AS IT IS" (lol) . since prometheus is a non-OB heavy, there's little to no chance she can get within the optimal range of the B2 against a heavy's worst opponents: lights and fast mids. she was now open to suggestion that time so i pointed out that she already had solid advice in first place from the people who told her to drop the lb4 in exchange for a left handgun or something else other than a blade. i also told her that she should have the syakastura supported by relations because it can't do much alone.

anyway, enough about that. LOL

i remember a while back when i first posted my Gaeus design on gamefaqs. altair told me that i should try the ghost2+lefty bp sometime. i guess, the guy knows what he's talking about despite all the insults he gives to people.

oh btw,

griffon+any missle pack+any relation = two types of damage; energy and solid with the former being being accurate.

- AEA1 - 10-16-2006

"this is the main reason why prometheus 9a fails. i told guppy over a PM about a week ago that she only had the syakatsura to throw at her opponent beyond the optimal range of her b2. worse, it didn't had relation support. she had a laserblade for frack's sake and she believed that it was "FINE AS IT IS" (lol) . since prometheus is a non-OB heavy, there's little to no chance she can get within the optimal range of the B2 against a heavy's worst opponents: lights and fast mids. she was now open to suggestion that time so i pointed out that she already had solid advice in first place from the people who told her to drop the lb4 in exchange for a left handgun or something else other than a blade. i also told her that she should have the syakastura supported by relations because it can't do much alone"

-sorry po... I don't see how this is related to left handed AC play and combos. please elaborate.

"griffon+any missle pack+any relation = two types of damage; energy and solid with the former being being accurate-"

good combo, It can be left hand wielded. but I find griffon has too little ammo for my taste. I use the griffon more as a "dropper" weapon... but that's just me...

- Lord_Leperman - 10-16-2006

C'mon guys... be nice :wink:

Anyway, for other left hand weapons that are endurance based, and thus can become primary weapons with back mounted missiles as support, the ROC4 seems to be good at it (despite its contraversy) and the GORGON seems to perform like the left hand version of the right arm SHADE with less ammo. If the weight can afford it, maybe even the Ksaw can be used as a primary left arm weapon.

Anyway, my Lefty combo: BP + Starting missile pack

I swear, with the proper FCS it goes *missile* *zook* *missile* *zook* *missile* in a musical beat. The starting missile set homes in very well to boot.

As for the design, I'm not in favor of the HARPY2 because in my experience they fail to hit opponents and simply causes them to move, you might use them for a different purpose so I really can't make a good judgement on that. Keep the RM and try the KARURA and MV2 for back mounts Big grin

- Grim - 10-16-2006

<!--QuoteBegin-wanzerfreak+Oct 15 2006, 11:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wanzerfreak @ Oct 15 2006, 11:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->this is the main reason why prometheus 9a fails. i told guppy over a PM about a week ago that she only had the syakatsura to throw at her opponent beyond the optimal range of her b2. worse, it didn't had relation support. she had a laserblade for frack's sake and she believed that it was "FINE AS IT IS" (lol) . since prometheus is a non-OB heavy, there's little to no chance she can get within the optimal range of the B2 against a heavy's worst opponents: lights and fast mids. she was now open to suggestion that time so i pointed out that she already had solid advice in first place from the people who told her to drop the lb4 in exchange for a left handgun or something else other than a blade. i also told her that she should have the syakastura supported by relations because it can't do much alone.[/quote:f13e6f4e91]
Well, as long as you're talking in more peaceful tones with each other now, I don't see a problem with you talking to her. At least you're giving it in a more constructive manner now... I hope. :wink:

<!--QuoteBegin-Lord_Leperman+Oct 16 2006, 06:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lord_Leperman @ Oct 16 2006, 06:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> As for the design, I'm not in favor of the HARPY2 because in my experience they fail to hit opponents and simply causes them to move, you might use them for a different purpose so I really can't make a good judgement on that. Keep the RM and try the KARURA and MV2 for back mounts Big grin [/quote:f13e6f4e91]
That's been my experience too. Orbits are always distraction weapons, with exception to tanks, where they will slaughter. Since orbits are autonomous, and therefore act upon an algorithm within the game, they're almost free damage, or at least good for flushing out enemy ACs and making them move in retreat. Orbits have always been cages in my view: when the enemy moves to the left, he/she's forced back to the right by the pods. When he/she moves forward, he/she's forced back. You get to limit your opponent's effective area of movement in the end. To get out of that, he/she'll have to take some risks, like OBing out of cover, where you'll most likely be waiting with a back cannon. Waah... BOOM! LOL

But like I said though, with heavier, lunkier ACs like tanks, they're absolutely the bomb.

- AEA1 - 10-16-2006

no need to drop the orbits. that's why this AC is a dropper. if the opponent is anything but a tank. use the verts... but once this AC encounters a tank legged AC Smile paalam na... next opponent please.

oh and sorry leper, the left hand style was revealed ahead of schedule...
I've got a new "doble kara" AC i'd like to run by you.

- Grim - 10-16-2006

<!--QuoteBegin-AEA1+Oct 16 2006, 07:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AEA1 @ Oct 16 2006, 07:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> no need to drop the orbits. that's why this AC is a dropper. if the opponent is anything but a tank. use the verts... but once this AC encounters a tank legged AC Smile paalam na... next opponent please.

oh and sorry leper, the left hand style was revealed ahead of schedule...
I've got a new "doble kara" AC i'd like to run by you. [/quote:9fc0ffafce]
Exactly. Keep the versatility and windows of opportunity open.

Doble Kara pala huh... alam ko kung ano yan... I think. :tongue:

Hihihi we're talking on Tim's thread, when he hasn't even replied yet... sorry Tim.

- wanzerfreak - 10-16-2006

Quote:-sorry po... I don't see how this is related to left handed AC play and combos. please elaborate.

likewise, i don't see how you could miss my point. :tongue:

she can use the syakatsura* and relations to keep her opponent occupied while sneaking in a few shots from strong and accurate left fire since she lacks the mobility to get close.

- Serene - 10-16-2006

Lefties are great when made into EO Dual Cannon Tanks...

EO+Left Gun+Dual Cannons = a minimum of 5 guns (max of 7 or 8 with Ettin) firing...
And if the weapons equipped deliver high attack heat, bacon~!

I like it really...

But still, people tend to confuse Lefties with Dual Wielders...

- AEA1 - 10-16-2006

a lefty is a type of double wielder in which it uses a left weapon with a back weapon. (mostly missiles) easier noticed on a biped

quads and tanks on the other hand, is different, because a tank can use a back cannon in conjunction with the left hand.

so you can say that a lefty is a type of double wielder-but what's in a name right?-hope this clears some things up.

tim's design is a lefty lineargun/vert-orbits. the stun of the linear gun sets up for the orbits and verts. I like the design.

"she can use the syakatsura* and relations to keep her opponent occupied while sneaking in a few shots from strong and accurate left fire since she lacks the mobility to get close and strike the opponent with the LB4."

-ok, thanks
basically you're saying that she should use
left hand weapon +syakatsura + relations

syakatsura and relations might work on a lefty design, if:
1.the opponent is slow. and
2.you have a left hand weapon that has significant stun to allow the syakatsura to hit.

sorry again tim...