The Raven Republic Forums
Armored Core Figures/Model Kits - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Creative Works (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Forum: Destructive/Delicious Designs (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+--- Thread: Armored Core Figures/Model Kits (/showthread.php?tid=183)

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - Goat - 02-27-2012

(02-26-2012, 04:48 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Painted pic of the ACV Chogokin named UCR-10/A(out in june). And it looks like accessories will be sold separately Smile

Oh wow, I didn't know that the kit is actually within the new chogokin line. Woot

Considering it's Bandai, I'm quite curious as to how they handled the UCR-10/A. I've always failed to balance my Kotobukiya ACs if they had some hueg back weapons.

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - Fox - 02-27-2012

Those aren't model kits anymore. They're pre-built figures with metal parts so they should be pretty sturdy compared to the ones we've been building for the past several years.

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - Goat - 02-27-2012

While the second line of my previous post seems contradictory, I'm aware of it being a figure than a kit; case in point; those larger-sized super robot figures I see in GH Virra Mall. :p

I just hope it won't be super fucking expensive though if it came here. Sad

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - Fox - 02-27-2012

(02-27-2012, 09:05 PM)Goat Wrote: While the second line of my previous post seems contradictory, I'm aware of it being a figure than a kit; case in point; those larger-sized super robot figures I see in GH Virra Mall. :p

I just hope it won't be super fucking expensive though if it came here. Sad

Egads, i've been had. Tongue

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - Black Dragon - 03-01-2012

Package has finally arrived

[Image: 860177-EX7UDMT.jpg]

Now time to get some rest and stop spendi-

(02-26-2012, 04:48 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Painted pic of the ACV Chogokin named UCR-10/A(out in june). And it looks like accessories will be sold separately Smile

Son of a-

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - J.E_Magog - 03-01-2012

Hah what a coincidence, I just finished building the same kit a couple of days ago LOL I'm planning to keep it as is, no butchering or part swapping for nineball.

Looking at your sig, I think its obvious who's gonna be next in your collection.....

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - Fox - 03-01-2012

I demand a diorama or at least a group shot of all three once they're complete. Happy

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - Black Dragon - 03-01-2012

It shall be done LOL

I can already guess who preordered all of the available Classic Nineball at Wasabi Toys

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - Fox - 03-02-2012

Don't look at me. The last VI AC kit that i bought was the Oracle mk.II that came out in 2010. Tongue

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - Black Dragon - 03-02-2012

(03-02-2012, 09:27 AM)Fox Wrote: Don't look at me. The last VI AC kit that i bought was the Oracle mk.II that came out in 2010. Tongue

Must be JE Magog LOL
or Nix, who's gonna use it as a lure for me to attend PACT LOL

By the way, it seems restock on items (like Foxeye and that Delta) on hobby stores like Amiami and Hobbylink Japan. Still looking for that elusive Mavors though

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - Fox - 03-03-2012

There was a Mavors kit at GT in GH the last time i went there early last month. IIRC, it's been there since 2010. Nobody seems to want it.

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - NiX - 03-03-2012

Bait's been set.

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - Zefyr - 03-04-2012

Going to be my first time posting here, even though I've owned a few kits already before. Never got the chance to upload them though. Better late than never I guess~
[Image: 863558-FCGV1J2.jpg]
This one's hands don't fit snugly into their sockets, which basically mean they tend to limp a lot. I put a bit of masking tape on the ball joints to make them stiffer when you plug them in.

Also, it isn't noticeable, but I lost the this little piece that goes into near the tip of the missile hatches while I was transferring him from one place to another ;_;

Had to use some glue on some of the really loose parts while putting it together. Might just be my kit, but it might happen to others.
[Image: 863557-HHKT4WF.jpg]
Do ignore the games behind it. It guards them from evil beings at night.

This one was generally more compliant. All the pieces fit fine, and the only problem I had was when I put one of the booster pieces in. It wasn't put on right, so I thought I could twist it to the proper position, which it's supposed to do anyway. Long story short, the little nub snapped, and I had to mighty-bond it back on ._. Pretty satisfied with everything else though.

A little fun fact, got these after New Year's. According to my parents, they gave me White Glint (4), Supplice, and Stasis because they said they couldn't find the 'for Answer' White Glint. Big thanks to them XD

Finished Stasis and White Glint first, got lazy when I was about to do Supplice. Might do it some time this week, haha.
[Image: 863559-K4ZU08G.jpg]
Here's Cascade Range, in a different color though, s'how I got it. Also, that Dragon/Dragoon (forgot the name, haha) on its left hand belongs to my Cronus Vixen-type, which I can't seem to find ;_;

Interestingly, the 'Normals' kits are a lot more pose-able than the 'NEXT' kits. By a ton. I can reenact relatively most poses with Cascade Range but I have to leave White Glint and Stasis in one pose because the pieces are just so fitted I'm afraid if I try to move them too much they'd break :/

I doubt I'll paint or improve these, not much for that kind of thing. I just like collecting em ~

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - Fox - 03-04-2012

That's a pretty decent collection you've got there, Zefyr. For some of your problems with the part fittings, you can refer to the tips and tricks page.

Agreed, the AC3 - LR era kits have more playability than the ones from the latter games. They're far easier to customize as well.

RE: Armored Core figures/model kits - Mjting - 03-04-2012

(03-03-2012, 12:54 PM)NiX Wrote: Bait's been set.

LOL