The Raven Republic Forums
MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) (/showthread.php?tid=1263)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Twin-Skies - 06-24-2008

Sforza Wrote:
maitreya Wrote:Kinda OT: I dunno much about Monster Hunter, but with all this hype, I'm getting the feeling that the reason to get a PSP is for this game.

But I fear for my life if ever I get this game. LOL!

As far as Japan and I are concerned the PSP only has 3 games Rofl

Monster Hunter Portable
Monster Hunter Portable 2
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G

That's all it needs, really. It's been at the top (or near it) of console sales ever since MHP2 was released. MHP2G reached 1.5M copies shipped in less than 2 weeks and it's passed 2M in less than 50 days.

Blasphemy!!! Jason

...You forgot to mention Crisis CoreChair

Well I've read through all the stuff I need to get cracking with converting to 2nd G. Npo time yet, but at least I have the instructions now.

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Sforza - 06-25-2008

Twin-Skies Wrote:Blasphemy!!! Jason

...You forgot to mention Crisis CoreChair

Well I've read through all the stuff I need to get cracking with converting to 2nd G. Npo time yet, but at least I have the instructions now.

Honestly? I deleted Crisis Core to install Minna no Golf 2 (Everybody's Golf 2) on my PSP. For me it's the perfect compliment to MHP2G.

I know from my 10 minutes or so of playing that Crisis Core is a great game, but I haven't had the time to play it because of MHP2G. I haven't even finished Chains of Olympus because of MHP2G.

With that said, did you know that there's this certain game on the PSP that I play way, way too much of? It's...

theGrim Wrote:In light of skiesofcrimson falling down (no doubt due to M4SSIV3 TR4FF1C!!!), skiesofcroda should hold over all you people needing save game conversions.

Skies of Crimson falling down was such a pain the arse -_- It was a very good organizing site for all MH players.

I've been posting more often on Skies of Croda the past few days, btw. It's pretty much the same as what I've been doing here. Trying to get people to play the game and helping players who need information from Japanese sites. Obviously the MH community is bigger there.

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - clonezero - 06-26-2008

hmmm to keep this topic alive ...

when a congalala falls for one of your pit traps all you see is his butt ... here is the thing you can tranq him in this state ... I find that really bothering ...

on another congalala side note for some strange reason most of my connecting painball throws on a congalala is on his but >_> hrrrm

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - HayWire - 06-26-2008

Is there a FAQ for what armor does what skill for both low and high tier? (Like low Kirin does Elem atk up and stuff...)

I have a question too ... where do you get coins???

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Grim - 06-26-2008

clonezero Wrote:on another congalala side note for some strange reason most of my connecting painball throws on a congalala is on his but >_> hrrrm

Lol that's nice. Probably because he always aims it at you when he's about to blow a gas bomb.

clonezero Wrote:I have a question too ... where do you get coins???

By fighting in the training school arena. You get black belt coins, as well as coins of the monster you subdue/kill.

Sorry HayWire, don't know. Best wait for Jake to show up and answer that.

clonezero Wrote:I have a question too ... where do you get coins???

Battle training I think...*shrugs*

0_0 ... really?? crap uuhhm any other way?

clonezero Wrote:0_0 ... really?? crap uuhhm any other way?

Not that I know of

HayWire Wrote:
clonezero Wrote:0_0 ... really?? crap uuhhm any other way?

Not that I know of

T_T damn ... but I must persevere!!! FOR THE MAID OUTFIGHT AHOOO!!

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Sforza - 06-26-2008

clonezero Wrote:T_T damn ... but I must persevere!!! FOR THE MAID OUTFIGHT AHOOO!!

I think you meant maid outfit Huh But yeah, training school is the only way you can get coins. You'll need to collect plesioth coins for it. To unlock it, you'll need to finish khezu and hermitaur training with all weapons. You'll probably take a while to kill the plesy too, depending on your skill level. I'm warning you that it'll probably be pretty hard for beginners.

Besides, the armor sucks.

HayWire Wrote:Is there a FAQ for what armor does what skill for both low and high tier? (Like low Kirin does Elem atk up and stuff...)

It was on SoC. Kayin made one, but SoC b0rkd. I saved most of the important files for easier loading though?

Anyhow, I uploaded my backup file for you, you can get it here. I also have one for MHP2G when the time comes.

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Grim - 06-26-2008

Sforza Wrote:Anyhow, I uploaded my backup file for you, you can get it here. I also have one for MHP2G when the time comes.

Yes, this is THE guide. It's great that you got even the pics.

BTW Gypceros S is one of the sets I'm still gunning for. Have to agree it looks hot.

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Black Dragon - 06-26-2008

Hmm ,err, this question sounds a bit stupid for someone like me who's been playing for" a while", but what does dragon res do? Most of the dragons I know have elements (like teostra)

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - HayWire - 06-27-2008

Black Dragon Wrote:Hmm ,err, this question sounds a bit stupid for someone like me who's been playing for" a while", but what does dragon res do? Most of the dragons I know have elements (like teostra)

Some of the monsters do dragon elemental damage. I can't remember any specific ones, though.

Btw, I finally got my Black Belt Armor set LOL

Damn it - the Plesioth training quest was a royal pain!Domo

Worth it though - Works for both gunners and blademasters, 10 elem res for all, and has both Loading AND Sharpness. MWAHAHAHAHAH!

Now to save up for some decent bows and hammers.

Anybody else here a big fan of the prominence bow?

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Twin-Skies - 06-27-2008

For the record. That was me posting. Forgot to login my account again Chair