The Raven Republic Forums
MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) (/showthread.php?tid=1263)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - clonezero - 06-22-2008

*heroic voice* I'll answer that for you ( jumps in wearing a geoprey armor set)

1. yes
2.download the papimeru folder and place it on the psp/game folder
3. a lot of the important stuff but the patch is not noob friendly the whole training sections hardly been touched XD

anyway I need tips on capturing as I don't know how!!!! and what are the benifits of capturng?

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Sforza - 06-22-2008

... *rolls clonezero away* Bye

Twin-Skies Wrote:1. Will save data carry over from Freedom 2? It took me over a month to get all my stuff back together (my old memstick fried), and it's going to be a royal pain if I have to start over again Bye

In order to convert saved MHF2 data, you'll need to convert it first into MHP2 data. Someone can do it for you here, http://skiesofcrimson.com/forum/topic/12747 -- or you can learn to do it yourself here, http://skiesofcrimson.com/forum/topic/14833

Afterwards, you can start MHP2G and convert the MHP2 data into MHP2G data within the game itself. Patch the game into english first though.

Quote:2. How does one patch the game into English?

www.teamhgg.org

Quote:3. How are the translations?

It's about 95-98% done. The only things lacking are the quest descriptions which no one reads. Raffy said the newbie training quest translations have not yet been ported, but that's not so important if you've played the game already.

Let's just say you won't have any problems with the gameplay, and you won't need to ask for translations unless you want things like item descriptions.

Quote:http://pspupdates.qj.net/Capcom-to-bring-Japan-s-Monster-Hunter-marketing-mania-to-the-west/pg/49/aid/116653

Perhaps I'm just being optimistic, but from the way I see it, the company's just very busy handling its other upcoming titles such as Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter 4, and Bionic Commando (the new game).

Like it or not, those games are far more well-known than Monster Hunter, and I'm willing to bet that the company's probably putting their resources into completing these projects before anything else. For all we know, this lack of info might be the calm before the storm.

I think that's too optimistic. Coming from marketing, one thing you don't want to do is shut out a portion of your customers. You keep them hoping by putting spin on anything that can give them hope for a new game in their favorite franchise.

In the Capcom forums, their NA business development VP recently threw a fit over MH fans who asked what the company thought of the english patch.

Something like, "you people are the reason we won't bring the game to the US!!" Adding that right now nothing is planned for the franchise and everything is just being studied, but that they shouldn't hope. Personally I think that guy just shot himself in the foot.

clonezero Wrote:anyway I need tips on capturing as I don't know how!!!! and what are the benifits of capturng?

Q: "How do I capture monsters?"
From: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/934395/50595

A: To capture a monster, you're going to need a trap and 2 Tranq Bombs. Then, you are going to have to weaken the monster to 25% of their health. If you can tell the monster is weak enough, lay down your trap, have them run into it, and then hit them with the 2 Tranq Bombs. If they fall asleep, you have successfully captured them.

---

Q: "How can I tell when the monster is weak enough?"

A: That depends on the monster. Here's a list of all identifiers.

Giadrome/Velocidrome/Gendrome/Iodrome/Bulldrome: They'll pause from battle, then start running for another area.

Kut-Ku: Ears will fold back on head. Also can limp.

Gypceros: Once he starts playing dead, slow down. He's not weak enough but you don't want to kill him. Once you see him limp, capture.

Garuga: He rarely limps. Wait for him to come out of rage mode if you think he is getting weak.

Cephadrome: He'll run to area 7. The only time he ever enters this area is to sleep, so capture him if you see him there. Will rarely limp. The top fin on his back also will fold down.

Plesioth: The fin on his back will fold down. Will rarely limp.

Congalala: Will retreat to a cave and sleep. He only enters caves when weak.

Blangoga/Rajang: Will limp when weak.

Hermitaur/Ceanataur: When mouth bubbles, they'll be a darker shade than normal.

Rathalos/Rathian/Basarios/Gravios/Monoblos/Diablos/Tigrex: Will limp when weak.

Khezu: When you are fighting him, he'll suddenly pause in battle for an excess of 5 seconds, without any animation. Then he'll immediately fly away. Alternatively, he can sometimes limp.

---

Q: "What monsters can be caught by what traps?"

A: Shock Traps can capture all of the listed monsters except Gypceros.

Pitfall Traps can capture the following: Kut-Ku, Gypceros, Garuga (cannot while in rage), Plesioth, Congalala, Blangona, *Rajang, Rathalos, Rathian, Khezu, Basarios, Gravios, and Tigrex.

Pitfall Traps cannot capture the following: Giadrome, Velocidrome, Gendrome, Iodrome, Bulldrome, Cephadrome, Daimyo Hermitaur, Shogun Ceanataur, Monoblos, Diablos.

*Rajang will not fall in a trap unless he is in rage, or paralyzed/sleeping.

---

Q: "Why should I capture monsters?"

A: You can do it to get better rewards. For example, when you capture a Silver Rathalos, instead of getting just the normal 5% carve of a ruby off of his tail, you have a 7% chance, x3 chances, of getting a ruby in the rewards. It's very useful in the end game for getting rare items.

Plus, if you capture every type of monster (including color variations), you can snag a nifty award for your guild card called "Ecology Report".

Carving FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/934395/50172
---

Q: "Can I capture monsters in quests I'm not hunting them in?"

A: Yes! The beautiful thing about capturing is it can be done in any quest. If you encounter a Velocidrome in a gather mushrooms quest, you can capture it! Any of the monsters I've listed as capturable, can be captured should you encounter them in any quest.

---

Q: "So what boss monsters cannot be captured?"

A: Kirin, Shen Gaoren, Lao-Shan Lung, Fatalis, Kushala Daora, Chameleos, Lunastra, Teostra, and Akantor.

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Twin-Skies - 06-23-2008

Sforza Wrote:... *rolls clonezero away* Bye

Twin-Skies Wrote:1. Will save data carry over from Freedom 2? It took me over a month to get all my stuff back together (my old memstick fried), and it's going to be a royal pain if I have to start over again Bye

In order to convert saved MHF2 data, you'll need to convert it first into MHP2 data. Someone can do it for you here, http://skiesofcrimson.com/forum/topic/12747 -- or you can learn to do it yourself here, http://skiesofcrimson.com/forum/topic/14833

Afterwards, you can start MHP2G and convert the MHP2 data into MHP2G data within the game itself. Patch the game into english first though.

Quote:2. How does one patch the game into English?

www.teamhgg.org

Quote:3. How are the translations?

It's about 95-98% done. The only things lacking are the quest descriptions which no one reads. Raffy said the newbie training quest translations have not yet been ported, but that's not so important if you've played the game already.

Let's just say you won't have any problems with the gameplay, and you won't need to ask for translations unless you want things like item descriptions.

Quote:http://pspupdates.qj.net/Capcom-to-bring-Japan-s-Monster-Hunter-marketing-mania-to-the-west/pg/49/aid/116653

Perhaps I'm just being optimistic, but from the way I see it, the company's just very busy handling its other upcoming titles such as Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter 4, and Bionic Commando (the new game).

Like it or not, those games are far more well-known than Monster Hunter, and I'm willing to bet that the company's probably putting their resources into completing these projects before anything else. For all we know, this lack of info might be the calm before the storm.

I think that's too optimistic. Coming from marketing, one thing you don't want to do is shut out a portion of your customers. You keep them hoping by putting spin on anything that can give them hope for a new game in their favorite franchise.

In the Capcom forums, their NA business development VP recently threw a fit over MH fans who asked what the company thought of the english patch.

Something like, "you people are the reason we won't bring the game to the US!!" Adding that right now nothing is planned for the franchise and everything is just being studied, but that they shouldn't hope. Personally I think that guy just shot himself in the foot.

Hmm, that hardly sounds like an official word, IMHO. I mean when SOny was being pestered about the existence of LittleBigPlanet several months ago, the company went as far as throw a lawsuit at Kotaku for starting part of the rumor. They then denied the game was in development.

Come GDC 2007 however, BAM! They let loose with a press release announcing that it's on its way. They just didn't want the hype starting up without their saying so. Might be the same case here.

Just to be sure, I'll see if I can email Capcom with a formal inquiry via my job. We're a game news blog after all, so they might be a little more factual if we make a proper inquiry Shades

I'll see what I can do in the next few weeks.

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - clonezero - 06-23-2008

I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus I hate khezus

its hard to capture monsters when your felyne friend keeps loobing bombs at the poor saps it happened around 4 times already.

yes Im still near the start of the game I don't have the luxury of a lot of time...

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Sforza - 06-23-2008

Twin-Skies Wrote:Come GDC 2007 however, BAM! They let loose with a press release announcing that it's on its way. They just didn't want the hype starting up without their saying so. Might be the same case here.

Just to be sure, I'll see if I can email Capcom with a formal inquiry via my job. We're a game news blog after all, so they might be a little more factual if we make a proper inquiry Shades

I can't help but think the hype will be for Monster Hunter 3 for the Wii, and not a westernized version of MHP2G. It's too late in the game for Capcom to launch the title now, since everybody has it already. It could theoretically be for the Monster Hunter Frontier MMOG which just came out in Japan. Anyway, please use connections to find out more if possible. Perks of the job. Developers probably hate your company's guts though because you guys host CFW on your servers.

clonezero Wrote:I HAET KHEZU POST

Have you tried using the hunting horn yet?
Guide: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Hunting_Horn_Guide

I'm suggesting it because its normal attack range can hit the Khezu while it's doing the electric charge thing. It can also hit the Khezu's head even though it's not bending down. Plus, you can buff yourself with the horn to move much faster and out of the way of squash jumps. You do know you can roll away right after swinging with both the HH and hammer right?

Normally I kill it with hammer though since I memorized the timing already. Later on in the game you'll have to farm them, so get used to it Angel

If you enter an area with the felyne helper and the target is sleeping, it won't attack ahead of you. Another thing you can do to prevent it from attacking is entering an area together and then ducking. The felyne will duck with you. Or you can just use a healer-type felyne with the "timid" character. You can also let your felyne fight the monster for a few seconds on its own while you set up a trap. Here's a guide on how to train your felyne: http://www.skiesofcrimson.com/forum/topic/18962

Edit: I noticed my posts on this thread always become overly detailed and long even if I don't intend to make them that way =_=

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Twin-Skies - 06-24-2008

Sforza Wrote:
Twin-Skies Wrote:Come GDC 2007 however, BAM! They let loose with a press release announcing that it's on its way. They just didn't want the hype starting up without their saying so. Might be the same case here.

I can't help but think the hype will be for Monster Hunter 3 for the Wii, and not a westernized version of MHP2G. It's too late in the game for Capcom to launch the title now, since everybody has it already. It could theoretically be for the Monster Hunter Frontier MMOG which just came out in Japan. Anyway, please use connections to find out more if possible. Perks of the job. Developers probably hate your company's guts though because you guys host CFW on your servers.

We're not on bad terms with the devs - it's Sony I'm more worried about.

I've sent an email to Capcom's current PR lady earlier, so I'm hoping to get a reply soon. That said, their campaign may be aimed at MH3 for the Wii, though I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

IMHO, the Wii is a poor platform for MH3 if you're talking multiplayer. I always felt that was one aspect of the PSP that made MHF2 such a success on the system - the fact that you could link up with anybody anywhere, provided you and your posse are within Adhoc range.

The Wii? Friend Codes? WTF? Maybe if they linked MH3 up to the Wii Channels (Like for Mario Kart Wii), with regional/global top scores and all, that'd be interesting. Now imagine an LFG feature like in WoW...awesome...

Good luck with the DLC though - the Wii's biggest weakness for updates is its reliance on an SD card for external memory.

On a related note, Skies of Crimson is down but I managed to find someone kind enough to link me to a tutorial on how to patch 2nd G in English, and to convert my save data.

As I asked earlier - will I lose my MHF2 gear if I convert it to 2nd G? That's what worries me the most.

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Sforza - 06-24-2008

Twin-Skies Wrote:As I asked earlier - will I lose my MHF2 gear if I convert it to 2nd G? That's what worries me the most.

Long answer: When you pick "new game", you get to choose between starting from scratch, loading a MHP2 character and continuing as is, or loading an MHP2 character and having most of your rare stuff sold but in exchange you get a ton of money. If you patch it to english, the choices will be clear and easy to read.

Short answer: No you won't.

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - maitreya - 06-24-2008

Kinda OT: I dunno much about Monster Hunter, but with all this hype, I'm getting the feeling that the reason to get a PSP is for this game.

But I fear for my life if ever I get this game. LOL!

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Black Dragon - 06-24-2008

Sforza Wrote:
clonezero Wrote:I HAET KHEZU POST

Have you tried using the hunting horn yet?
Guide: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Hunting_Horn_Guide

I'm suggesting it because its normal attack range can hit the Khezu while it's doing the electric charge thing. It can also hit the Khezu's head even though it's not bending down. Plus, you can buff yourself with the horn to move much faster and out of the way of squash jumps. You do know you can roll away right after swinging with both the HH and hammer right?

Normally I kill it with hammer though since I memorized the timing already. Later on in the game you'll have to farm them, so get used to it Angel

Or you could just use Gunlances or lances and an armor with Guard+2. Then just block and stab (yeah, you can block the electrical discharge) LOL

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Grim - 06-24-2008

maitreya Wrote:Kinda OT: I dunno much about Monster Hunter, but with all this hype, I'm getting the feeling that the reason to get a PSP is for this game.

Don't be afraid, female huntresses have the velvet touch to soothe your fears.

Raph, since I advocate using longswords myself I'll just point you to this quick vid on how easy it can be after a few kills/captures. Just remember, don't be greedy with the hits, as even though the Khezu has a charge on its electric attacks, your hunter still recovers slowly from swinging weapons three times his or her body weight.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VJpull4sDE&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VJpull4sDE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

maitreya Wrote:Kinda OT: I dunno much about Monster Hunter, but with all this hype, I'm getting the feeling that the reason to get a PSP is for this game.

As far as Japan and I are concerned the PSP only has 3 games Rofl

Monster Hunter Portable
Monster Hunter Portable 2
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G

That's all it needs, really. It's been at the top (or near it) of console sales ever since MHP2 was released. MHP2G reached 1.5M copies shipped in less than 2 weeks and it's passed 2M in less than 50 days.

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Grim - 06-24-2008

In light of skiesofcrimson falling down (no doubt due to M4SSIV3 TR4FF1C!!!), skiesofcroda should hold over all you people needing save game conversions.

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - clonezero - 06-24-2008

thanks for all the tips

anyway got on online play and got a front row seat ( which was not so great) to basarios boss cenatur & hermitaur, balangoga, tigrex, rhatian and lao shun lung getting their asses whooped ... side note: getting stompped on by the Lao Shun Lung on a noob armor set was not pretty not pretty at all =( and while fighting a high rank Plesioth I got pawned just as the others killed it and the bad thing was that the victory pic was my character lying on the floor from the water blast >_> its just wrong.

clonezero Wrote:ONLINE PLAY POST

If this was an ad-hoc session, invite me and whoever else the next time you guys play? Thanks. I've just been pretty bored with solo play lately, and the 2G monsters hit like... Rick in a heavy biped.

Also if ever you want to join the MHPH people in Trinoma, let me know too and I'll go with ya.

RE: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - clonezero - 06-24-2008

geeh I think I bit my self I meant WLAN not the internet I don't know how.

go to trinoma ... I don't think I have that much free time o_O