The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: apocalypse 2.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pilot Name: beastkiller
AC Name: apocalypse e

Head: H11-QUEEN
Core: C05-SELENA
Arms: A02-DRILL
Legs: CR-LT81A2
Booster: built in
FCS: MF02-VOLUTE
Generator: KUJAKU
Radiator: RAGORA
Inside: NONE
Extension: IWATO SIDE SHIELD
Back Unit R: CR-WBW98LX LASER CANNON
Back Unit L: CR-WBW98LX LASER CANNON
Arm Unit R: CR-WR73RS SNIPER RIFLE
Arm Unit L: WL13L-GORGON LASER RIFLE

Arm Unit R Hanger: NONE
Arm Unit L Hanger: NONE
O01-ANIMO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, CR-O83ES+, O06-PHAGE,
I really think that 2 GERYON3s would do a better job than a single LX cannon because of their very much improved accuracy. This allows you extend the reach of your high-damage weapons farther than the LX, plus it gives little warning to your opponent since it lacks the glowing animation of the LX cannon.

The Kujaku + RAGORA will hurt you more than help you because of the high drain and high calorific value combination in conjunction with the built-in booster set with the 81A2. This combination will make your AC susceptible to high heat attacks with minimal gains to your energy refresh. I'd recommend the G84P + ANANDA instead, which IMO is much more effective at balancing both EN and heat stats, your AC will run much cooler and still have enough EN refresh to manage both energy weapons and maybe the chaff dispensers I will mention after.

Instead of the IWATO, which only works when you activate them and at projectiles hitting from a 90 degree angle, I'd invest in wither the RURI or RENGA chaff dispensers to protect your AC from nasty missile spammers. I'm also not a fan of the GORGON too much for the L arm, though I can't really find much of a substitute to fulfill the role of a L arm EN weapon with decent accuracy and endurance.
I think a Geryon3 and a big linear gun or GL is better than the single LX. I don't care if it's psychological or whatever. A GL in my opinion is just as intimidating.

Yes, defintely a G84P or FUDOH + ANANDA is much better. KUJAKU and RAGORA does more harm than good.

As for your left arm weapon, I think an R3 rounds out this ACs other weapons the best.