The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: General Technical Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Found this on TPc, have you tried this yet?

mr_suave @ TipidPc.com Wrote:1. make sure naka Show Hidden Files and Folders ka

2. Pull up Task Manager, end mo ung process nya.

3. punta ka msconfig, disable mo sya and map mo ung location nya para mapuntahan mo sa regedit

4. punta ka regedit HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run (yata) tapos delete mo un registry nya.

5. delete mo ung autorun and silentsoft.exe sa lahat ng partitions pati sa external drives mo.

un lang.
Ok, thanks for the help. Was able to get rid of silentsoftech already. But I still dunno why my folders are viewed as hidden folders, and that there are unknown apps with the same name as those folders showing up. I guess this can wait for now.
Copy your files to a safe place temporarily, and make sure you're really copying your files and not fragments of the virus, and then reformat your flash disk.
This is weird...
What do you do when your PC won't show videos (but you still hear their audio)?

It's really starting to bug me...
Help...
ex nihilo Wrote:This is weird...
What do you do when your PC won't show videos (but you still hear their audio)?

One of your programs is in mute. Or windows is in mute. Or your speakers are broken. Or your sound card is loose/broken.
Ex Nihilo, you probably just don't have the latest codecs needed to properly play the videos you want to watch.
Help, Firefox 3.0 now ALWAYS hangs whenever I play any youtube vids. It never used to be like this, and it only happened now. Can anyone help?
Try reinstalling flash player. Do a little googling on it. I had some trouble getting flash to work with FF3.0 too.
Thanks, will try updating it soon. Its weird that only Youtube vids have problems. Other video streaming sites seem to work perfectly fine.
Okay, I backed up my phone's contents, then had it repaired. After getting it back, I restored the data. BUT, my contacts couldn't be restored. Of all the things. Anyone knows of any remedy to this? Please, help.
maitreya Wrote:Okay, I backed up my phone's contents, then had it repaired. After getting it back, I restored the data. BUT, my contacts couldn't be restored. Of all the things. Anyone knows of any remedy to this? Please, help.

I'm guessing this is a Nokia phone? Are you sure you included your contacts in the backup?
Any advice on what to do if the same problem that occured to my desktop several months ago now repeats itself on my laptop. Nope, that damn virus/worm/trojan/headache wasn't "accidentally installed" by me this time but by a turd-brained cousin who borrowed my laptop while i was at work but neglected to mention that they'd be plugging in an infected flash disk.

Yep, i'm talking about that "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" episode again.

Is there anything special that needs to be done when reformatting a laptop as opposed to a desktop or is it pretty much the same?
(10-10-2008, 12:48 AM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything special that needs to be done when reformatting a laptop as opposed to a desktop or is it pretty much the same?

It's pretty much the same. Insert XP disk (assuming it is Windows XP), reformat HD, reinstall. There's just no getting around the fact that unplanned reinstalls suck though.

As for future advice: ask people you don't readily trust if they really know where they've put their thumbdrives into before they plug them into your system. If they're unsure, time to say no. You might sound like an ass, but you'll save your own time in the end. And and and get NOD32.
Yep, just back up the files. And I suggest na ipunin mo na lahat ng installers ng programs na usual mong ginagamit para pagka reformat, tuloy-tuloy nalang pag install mo.

Oh and just password protect your laptop para di magamit while you're away.

And as for untrusted flash drives: Don't double-click the f: drive or whatever drive the flash disk appears at. Always right-click then "explore", to avoid running the virus even if the flash drive is infected. And you can disable autorun too. Just google the procedure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11