The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: General Technical Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Question guys!

Does anybody here have experience with rooting? Im thinking of doing tothe telpad to remove some brand based limits it has, but as safe as the inernet claims it is and as cheap a tablet this is I prefer to be sure first.

So thoughts?
Telpad runs Android? Rooting should be pretty safe. Just be sure to follow all the precautions you'll see on the tutorials. And make sure to make a backup of the original ROM.
Yup, okay, and will do!

Well wish me luck!
Hey i have a qestion maybe 2.

First im looking to upgrade my router any segestions? I am in the US so it may be limited help.

Second If the Eathernet cable is slower then the speed the router allows data to travel should i also upgrade my ethernet cables? If so what is the curent gen? i have Cat 5 cables right now.
Well first how much data does your internet service provider allow? Second your ethernet cables should be fine for just about any speed unless they're ancient.
(01-26-2013, 02:56 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: [ -> ]Well first how much data does your internet service provider allow? Second your ethernet cables should be fine for just about any speed unless they're ancient.

Well its comcast i belive 16mbps max but like the first year we had super speed that was going like 50mbps downloads im talking i could download infamous in an hour kinda speeds baaah i miss the old days.
(01-26-2013, 02:58 AM)Saika Darkmoon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2013, 02:56 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: [ -> ]Well first how much data does your internet service provider allow? Second your ethernet cables should be fine for just about any speed unless they're ancient.

Well its comcast i belive 16mbps max but like the first year we had super speed that was going like 50mbps downloads im talking i could download infamous in an hour kinda speeds baaah i miss the old days.
And how much can your router handle?
Not 100% sure but i belive 1gbps its a fairly new netgear 2 years old now wierless router.
Then you should be fine with that because of your connection speed, or do you want one that can handle more devices or more bandwidth?
nah i only use xbox and ps3 and when i move itll be only me so thats no problom. Urgh i wish i had faster internet then ._. i hate living here.
Then by all means get one, but one that's within your budget.
Would getting steam cause problems for me considering I do have some pirated games? I heard it does cause issues.

and Any tips for reverting the windows 8 console back as much as possible to the old setup? I can view the classic desktop style but the start button and other stuff are still missing.
I have Steam and shitload of pi-*cough* games. Never have experienced any issue yet.
(07-13-2013, 03:15 PM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]I have Steam and shitload of pi-*cough* games. Never have experienced any issue yet.

I see thanks for the info.

Now I just have to dl a very old game and make it run on my laptop XD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*the statement that was here has been retracted due to the poster's stupidity*
So I recently got a PC within the last 2 weeks or so. I have steam Minecraft PSO2 and some other tools, Gimp, ezvid, Vegas, Are there any other tools or apps that I should download ? Windows 8 64bit btw using classic shell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11