The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Gheide II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Armoring Parts:
CRICKET (1, 9, 0, 0, 0)
99UL (0, 0, 4, 6, 0)
MACAQUE (0, 0, 5, 5, 0)
BS (7, 0, 0, 0 3)

Internal Parts:
N/A
KOKUH
LOTUS (output)
ANANDA (cooling)

Attacking Parts:
GAR2
69M
PIXIE3
NIX
Dual HPs for the hangers

Optional Parts:
AMINO, ES, SS, LA, 9L+, ORGANELLE, CODON,

Paintjob:
13) Nighthawk Strike (Camouflaged)
Base (10, 20, 20)
Aid (30, 45, 55)
Optional (60, 90, 90)
Detail (60, 135, 200)
Joint (90, 110, 110)
Weapons: Black

If you're going to use this thing, just tap boost and then tap the boost button again while the hover's getting a grip on the floor since only hovers can boost while getting a grip on the floor after you stop boosting. Just repeat and repeat if you're low on energy, lol.

Besides, it's obviously better than to boost+hop if you're using a hover leg, lol. Still trying to practice hovers though, I don't really use these types of ACs, but I guess I'll practice them ASAP. The head's been tuned to lighter weight for faster boost speed and the leg has been tuned for weight and max weight for better results, lol.

Maybe I should stop laughing with the 'lol' word. Hahahahahahh.
PIXIE3 has ample ammo for the duration of a match, so I suggest replacing the 2 HPs in your hangers with a SYLPH on the left hanger. That way, you can go full auto on your opponent through out the match with the PIX3 + NIX (and SYLPH when the NIX runs out). Oh and instead of the KOKUH, try the F69 or the F73H since you'll be strafing for most of the match, its prolly better to have an FCS that can accomodate your movements.
I tried the SYLPHs a lot against my uncle before, somehow he usually manages to put my AC into scrap. I usually win the fight with the HPs against him so I had to use dual HPs so I could beat the crap outta him if his AP is low. Yep, changed the KOKUH into the F73H again, lol. I usually had to use HPs 'cause my uncle tries to get as far as he can from me. Thanks for pointing the SYLPH method out anyway. XD

But yeah, SYLPH is better if you run out of ammo then after you finish the PIXIE3 and the right SYLPH, I could just spam my missle with the lefty. I could change it depending on the opponent anyway. Somehow, should I change my body for an EO core for a faster kill, or maybe should I still stick to hanger cores?

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Edit:
I'm also wondering if I should change the legs to WALRUS2.</span>
walrus2 is crap, imo.

the whole point in running a hover design is to be faster than everything else. the 91hm gets you to near-OB speeds.

a hover with the rs+1hp combo is deadly. i think you can piss your uncle off by constantly backpedalling to a safe range. Big grin
LOL, That's the problem. My uncle cheats for some reason, I tried backpedalling twice before, and guess what my uncle did; LOL he still went as far as he could and there, I spammed my 69M 'til we both ran out of ammo. In our second match my uncle said he wouldn't do anything if were to just stay back and wait for him to charge or something like that. We waited for about 3-5 minutes without even attacking, LOL.

RS+HP, wait I gotta try it. Maybe this combination could solve my prob with my uncle.
I need long range if he's gonna play with my mind. Big grin

Edit:
Hahahaha, I wasted my uncle's AC through the inch of his life with the use of RS+HP, ran out of ammo though. 'Had to use a hangered WRAITH and the 69M+GAR2 to finish him off. He keeps running away though, LOL. Hahah thanks. LOL And you're right wanzerfreak. He got pissed off. He said he needs to eat dinner 'cause he's hungry, but the truth is he doesn't wanna lose anymore, <span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>LOL</span>
Not to double post, but:

Quote: Variant 1

Armoring Parts:
EYE (2, 0, 8, 0, 0)
CRONUS (shell)
GIBBON2 (0, 3, 7, 0, 0)
HM (0, 0, 9, 1, 0)

Internal Parts:
N/A
F73H
G69 (output)
ANANDA (cooling)

Attacking Parts:
GAR
69M
RS
HP
Dual SYLPHs for the hangers

Optional Parts:
AMINO, ES, SS, KISSYOH, LA, 9L+, ORGANELLE, CODON

Made a prototype variant for anti-backpeds. Changed the CRICKET into EYE for more shell defense, and changed the MACAQUE into GIBBON2 for more energy defense. Changed the generator into G69 for less heat. This could be a bit illogical, but I'm wondering if I should change the ANANDA for a lighter radiator because maybe the G69 can make up things for its low calorific value.

Now I'm also wondering what the ORGANELLE does. I don't even know if it has a purpose since it only says "Increases leg part braking ability." Now I'm wondering if the thing actually decreases the time your AC gets a grip on the floor or if it just makes your AC stop faster.
<!--QuoteBegin-Goatling+Feb 5 2007, 11:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goatling @ Feb 5 2007, 11:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> This could be a bit illogical, but I'm wondering if I should change the ANANDA for a lighter radiator because maybe the G69 can make up things for its low calorific value. [/quote:b7afdb8597]
I think Hazel could manage for you here, but to be sure buff up some of your cooling tunes more.

<!--QuoteBegin-Goatling+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goatling)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Now I'm also wondering what the ORGANELLE does.&nbsp; I don't even know if it has a purpose since it only says "Increases leg part braking ability."&nbsp; Now I'm wondering if the thing actually decreases the time your AC gets a grip on the floor or if it just makes your AC stop faster.[/quote:b7afdb8597]
Those two things are basically the same. Tongue
do you really want a hover leg armed with close range weapons(pixie3+nix)?

btw its the first time I saw a hover leg around here. Rofl
Close Range Hover AC's like this one are pretty potent Queens...

An applicable term would be 'Pursuit'

Backpeddling, would be quite a problem when piloting middle weight AC's, with usual speeds of 400+kph, but not when the AC has high speeds for chasing, running around in circles, which is a hover AC's best charactersitic: speed...

Viewing this design from that angle, it's a pretty good design...
The biggest drawback on this one would be, this AC's leg unit breaks easily, like other hovers...

So it's best to rush in and break your opponent quickly before your legs get hit too much and break.
how could you give chase if your legs break easily. Even if the pixie+nix combo has an above average damage rate, chances are the hover legs will break even before you break the opponent, especially when your facing hi AP+ high ATK opponent.
<!--QuoteBegin-jonevangelist+Feb 5 2007, 12:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jonevangelist @ Feb 5 2007, 12:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> how could you give chase if your legs break easily. Even if the pixie+nix combo has an above average damage rate, chances are the hover legs will break even before you break the opponent, especially when your facing hi AP+ high ATK opponent. [/quote:13d8779c5f]
I can see hovers being played in two ways:

1. Rush with the whole manner of MGs and shotties while circling out of their lockbox,
2. or keep away with snifles.

Mid-range games don't go all too well on these legs. So maybe what he had in mind was to go with gameplan number 1: overrun the enemy with speed and MGs in tight, close range circles before his legs break.

The missile setup of Gar2 + 69M also complements that. Forward firing. Always forward.
That's the idea.
Kill or be killed, rush or be rushed...

Try RM3 + Kinarra on this one if you're going full close range...
he should add more offence if he wants to rush effectively. maybe the E2 core will do but that would take away his hangers.
I dont think this ac is a chaser, its a mid-long range hide and seek-er so i'm suggestting he would add some Extra range on his arm weapons. 5RS sniper rifle was good.
Now, to quote a few:

Quote:Those two things are basically the same.
Nevermind, then that means I knew how it functions without even knowing it, lol.

Quote: do you really want a hover leg armed with close range weapons(pixie3+nix)?

btw its the first time I saw a hover leg around here. Rofl
I still don't know, LOL. Somehow, this AC's created for my uncle's cowardly fighting style. He seems to run away pretty fast and keeps on hiding, I mean a lot. So I think this is an AC dedicated to him. I think even if it is broken it could still give chase, for those who aim bad just like my uncle. Rofl

... And yeah, I really want to put a bunch close range weapons, but now that I think of it; maybe the RS + HP combo would do better. BTW this is the first hover posted here? I didn't know that. rofl lol lmao. I guess this could answer your question a bit, lol
Quote:So it's best to rush in and break your opponent quickly before your legs get hit too much and break.
How about that Crest Machinegun? with 360 ammo?
That one's got good raw attack power...

Not as much ammo as Pixie3, but a good spam and drop weapon nonetheless...
Pages: 1 2