The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Gadzooka!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What?!! An OB AC coming from Rick??? Unpossible!!!1 [/sarcasm] Roll eyes

[Image: dscn0530uh5.jpg]

Head: CR-YH70S2
Core: C04-ATLAS hanger (YUP!)
Arms: A03-GIBBON
Legs: CR-LH80S2
Booster: B03-VULTURE2 (10 heat reduction)
FCS: CR-F73H
Generator: CR-G91 (10 output)
Radiator: ANANDA (10 cooling)
Inside: NONE (I'm tempted to put something funny here, but nah.)
Extension: E02RM-GAR RELATION MISSILE
Back Unit R: WB01M-NYMPHE SMALL MISSILE
Back Unit L: CR-WB69RA RADAR
Arm Unit R: CR-WR81B2 BAZOOKA
Arm Unit L: CR-WH01HP HANDGUN

Arm Unit R Hanger: CR-WH69H HANDGUN
Arm Unit L Hanger: CR-WH69H HANDGUN

O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, KISSYOH, CR-O75LA, CR-O79L+,
CR-O86R+, MARISHI,

Yeah, an OB AC coming from me. I'll let the vid show how I use it Smile). I've been recently experimenting on OB ACs just for the heck of it, and I found this design that suits my needs.

Vid: <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTlNBFFi30E' target='_blank'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTlNBFFi30E</a>

No other weapon in LR IMO gives the same confidence as a subtle magnum in real life like the B2. It looks big, cool looking, mean, powerful, a symbol of authority, and it dishes out a lot of damage quickly, and I'm quite reluctant at the moment to change it to something else, but as always, I'm open to ideas. The NYMPH + GAR is for distraction purposes (although sometimes, they do hit often enough to do a significant amount of damage), while the HP is for fire support, simple enough.

OB is really more for positioning myself in the proper range quickly as opposed to being my primary means of movement. Its also allows the AC to cancel hard landings. The ATLAS' OB is very controlable compared to the high speed, high accelaration OB that the lighter model UL series offers IMO, and there's less risk involved that I was able to pack in the G91 along with the VULTURE2 with out any serious problems.

I'm thinking though if I should drop the B2, the right hanger 69H and downgrade to the MACAQUE to give way for the BP? The BP is sure to hit something and allows me to stay in safer ranges than the B2, but I lose out in damage ratings, plus it does not look as cool as the B2 Smile).
Rick and I had a lot of toe-to-toe matches with this AC and my Purple Haze. LOL

I've recently come to the conclusion that ATLAS does not suck. It truly does not. It may not have the greatest boost power in the world but it does what it's supposed to do.

And Rick, if you intend for this AC to be your warm-up AC/ free-play fun AC, then I think there's no need to change anything.
<!--QuoteBegin-NiX+Dec 17 2006, 12:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NiX @ Dec 17 2006, 12:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I've recently come to the conclusion that ATLAS does not suck. It truly does not. It may not have the greatest boost power in the world but it does what it's supposed to do. [/quote:2be6a4d374]
You know... me too. Despite what I said in <a href='http://ravenrepublic.net/index.php?showtopic=366&view=findpost&p=6516871' target='_blank'>my post</a> in the OB discussion thread, I've recently been playing around with an Atlas-equipped blader and found the results much to my liking. Maybe the key is not to pack on too much on it, or maybe underweight a little? It does have some pretty good defense after all. I'll test it out some more and see.

Oh, and a solid build. Defenses first again, I see. For the weapon choice, you might want to try B3. While B2 sports a greater attack power per round, B3 on the whole is just more accurate, not to mention lighter.
The thing about the ATLAS is, well, its got an OB system compatible with the most balanced Booster/Generator/Radiator sytem in the game; the VULTURE2/G91/ANANDA. In other words, one does not compromise one of the most stable Gen/Bst/Rad configruations for the sake of making an OB compatible combination (the LOTUS/GULL/ANANDA combination comes to mind). This means that one can pull off the same tricks with the BGR combo on a non-OB design, with the addition of a fairly user friendly OB system. Its just that the ATLAS' stats fair poorly in comparison with all other cores, and not only in its weight class. It has sub-standard defense compared to other mid-weight cores and the 2nd slowest OB power in the game, making it not a pretty choice for most people.
Heck of a job on piloting work you exhibited with this design. I never really approved of the Atlas, but watching how you worked with it has started to make me think about it again as it seems a viable option for some ACs
atlas is a good choice since you really dont OB that much and its got more AP compared to the other OBs.
Quote:What?!! An OB AC coming from Rick??? Unpossible!!!1

that's IMpossible,not unpossible LOL
<!--QuoteBegin-ravenflau09+Dec 18 2006, 12:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ravenflau09 @ Dec 18 2006, 12:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Quote:What?!! An OB AC coming from Rick??? Unpossible!!!1

that's IMpossible,not unpossible LOL [/quote:40d3409409]
Dude were your sarcasm sensors turned off? LOL LOL LOL

<!--QuoteBegin-Crimson+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crimson)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Heck of a job on piloting work you exhibited with this design. I never really approved of the Atlas, but watching how you worked with it has started to make me think about it again as it seems a viable option for some ACs[/quote:40d3409409]

That's why he's the champ. Worship
he's is the champ until i will move to manila. Tongue
<!--QuoteBegin-wanzerfreak+Dec 18 2006, 03:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wanzerfreak @ Dec 18 2006, 03:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> he's is the champ until i will move to manila. Tongue [/quote:0d3227575a]
I look foward to seeing that day Big grin
<!--QuoteBegin-Lord_Leperman+Dec 18 2006, 03:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lord_Leperman @ Dec 18 2006, 03:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-wanzerfreak+Dec 18 2006, 03:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wanzerfreak @ Dec 18 2006, 03:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> he's is the champ until i will move to manila. Tongue [/quote:e1c0e0ae17]
I look foward to seeing that day Big grin [/quote:e1c0e0ae17]
Me too. Time to see if you're really the badass you say you are.

Ouch! Hehehe. Tongue
First off I would like to say that I give you mad props for using ATLAS. The only thing I have to say about the design is possibly dropping the B2 and replacing for B3, backing it up with Peryton instead of 69H. Other then that good job.
i'm only badass on the internets.

off, i'm just another fat guy with a beard. Tongue
Oh...
I thought you have pins on your face...
Joke.

Feels like Gadzooks is a spam and drop AC...
First time I saw Lord Rick build a Midweight...