The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: BladeTrainer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Blade Trainer

Pilot Name: NiX
AC Name: BladeTrainer

Since I don't have LR running right now (I don't have my own PS2. Bear with me), I did this out of memory... So assuming the weight stats in our LR Builder is relatively accurate, this is indeed how the design is.

Head: CR-H81S4... or was it S2?
Core: CR-YC010/UL2 hanger
Arms: CR-A82SL
Legs: LH03-PANTHER
Booster: B04-BIRDIE2 (0,10,0,0)
FCS: FUGEN
Generator: KONGOH (0,0,10)
Radiator: ANANDA (0,0,10)
Inside: NONE
Extension: NONE
Back Unit R: CR-WB69RA RADAR
Back Unit L: NONE
Arm Unit R: CR-WR81B2 BAZOOKA (or was it the B3?)
Arm Unit L: CR-WL88LB3 LASER BLADE
Hanger R: GHOST

Arm Unit R Hanger: NONE
Arm Unit L Hanger: NONE
O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, O07-PRIMER,
MARISHI, (RIBOSE? Not sure how many optional slots I've taken up.)

This is the AC that I've been playing around with recently. By the name itself, the purpose of this AC should have already been obvious. Basically, it's an AC that will hopefully increase my blading skills and my other AC skills in general.

UL2 --> I don't use it very much on this design but it's there just in case I have to OB-slash Horsie or for some extra positioning.

SL Arms --> Assuming ACO's Heavenflame was correct in saying that lower blade aptitude translates to faster arm swing, this arm should swing relatively quickly with its 105 (?) Blade Aptitude. That and the fact that I like this arm. Tongue

PANTHER --> Meh. It was just a decent fit with the weight of my AC. And I wanted to see why this leg is hyped so much.

BIRDIE2 --> For dancing around my opponent. Plus it's something I don't use often.

FUGEN --> That's right; I'm using the lengthway lockbox. This is to help train my horizontal tracking skills... because of the vertical box, I'm forced to keep the enemy in the center of my lockbox. Having the enemy in the center of the box also puts me in a prime position for slashing.

KONGOH --> Its high output is meant to tame the BIRDIE2's high energy consumption. Plus it keep me kinda grounded. Plus I haven't used it so much.

Bazooka (B2 or B3? Can't remember) --> To force me to stay close to the opponent. Also, I'm forced to blade because I can't depend on the Bazooka alone to win me battles. The stun it causes also helps in setting up some blade strikes. However, I may try a Shotgun for this design, or maybe HP with hangered GHOST.

LB3 Laser Blade --> Its short range forces me to get in really deep for a full-contact slash.

*In human VS, I might accomodate a SYAKATSURA.
Im not the most proficient blade user, but what you have here looks effective.

You may mean the B3 bazooka as that is the lightweight one.

If you wanna work on keeping people in your position for the horizontal slash, cut on the Altimeter in your cockpit. It stays in the center of the screen and great for positioning. Try it out.
if you really want to force yourself to get close to the enemy as possible use the CR-WH01SP shotgun and COWRY for your FCS.

Core and Arm combination also affects your blade swing:

wide cores(U3) + Midweight arms = Horizontal swing
narrow cores(cronus) + Lightweight/midweight arms = diagonal swing

[Image: Blade-swings.jpg]
i think most people her knows about blade swings. Tongue