The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Tempest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Head: CR-YH70S2 (1/0/2/7/0)
Core: CR-C90U3 (0/0/5/5/0)
Arms: A11-MACAQUE (3/5/0/2/0)
Legs: LH04-DINGO (0/0/4/6/0)
Booster: B03-VULTURE2 (0/7/3/0)
FCS: MF02-VOLUTE
Generator: CR-G91 (0/7/3)
Radiator: ANANDA (0/0/10)
Inside: NONE
Extension: CR-E92RM3
Back Unit R: CR-WB69RA
Back Unit L: WB01M-NYMPHE
Arm Unit R: CR-WR93RL
Arm Unit L: WL15L-GRIFFON

Arm Unit R Hanger: CR-WH69H
Arm Unit L Hanger: CR-WH69H

O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, KISSYOH, CR-O75LA, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON,
O04-GOLGI,
so that's the RL+Griffon ac you were talking about.

glad to see you finally posted that thing here!

i'm not alone now. Big grin
Lol, nope i guess not. Us RL+Griffon users gotta stick together, you know? Tongue
Very nice design. I have one that's very similar to this... it's also packing the RL+GRIFFON, which is definitely top tier.

Just a few things I'd suggest: It's probably most efficient to tune ANANDA all the way for cooling. That's why you have radiators in the first place.

Everything else is looking perfect. You might want to consider equipping the SS Stability+ optional part though
Haha, oops, I put the 10 in the wrong place...silly me.

Thx for the compliments tho NiX

I dont have the SS optional because something had to be sacrificed for the sake of the Golgi and the SS was easiest to move. It still have 5500+ stability which will suffice until the legs break...>.>
A well balanced design, nothing serious that can adversely affect its performance. I'm inclined to suggest the F73H for your FCS because of the WS lock of your hanger weapons, which will help your AC in the long run. But if you can handle the lockbox with the VOLUTE, then you can prolly keep the configuration as it is. Other than that, I share the same comments and suggestions as Nix, which is to say a good job on this design.
Well... you can probably live without the KISSYOH and the LA and replace them with the SS plus... RIBOSE perhaps? Haha.

Also, try MONJU for your FCS because it works best with NYMPHE. Really fast lock speed (that LA might become unnecessary) and it can go up to 6 locks.
Ive tried both of those FCS before. Monju first then went to the 73H because of the parallel sight increase, but I ended up dropping it because the Volute proved to be the best overall lockbox around for my main weapon combo.

When you compare the monju to the volute (when using dual special lock weapons) you will notice that that monju is slightly longer lengthwise (horizontally) than the volute, but the volute is MUCH better vertically than the monju. The same virtually goes for the 73H except for the horizontal axis is longer. I noticed this because I have the altitude markers on on my display.

Thats mostly why i prefer the volute over the monju.

I cant drop the Kissyoh because my friend favors the six lock of the nypmhe and with the kissyoh he is forced to fire at 2-4 because of the kissyoh messing up his lock.
<!--QuoteBegin-Crimson+Dec 8 2006, 11:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crimson @ Dec 8 2006, 11:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I cant drop the Kissyoh because my friend favors the six lock of the nypmhe and with the kissyoh he is forced to fire at 2-4 because of the kissyoh messing up his lock. [/quote:7d44122367]
Yep, Kissyoh totally destroys multi-lock missiles. It can really get on your opponent's nerves if you're constantly breaking his or her lock. Plus, any 2-shot missile volley is always going to be easier to dodge than any 6-shot one.

It's a fun and solid build. The RL + Griffon is a very good combo, but I think what most people underestimate about it is it's ability to destroy parts, especially the Griffon. Peg them down with the linear rifle, then heat 'em up with the Griffon, right? A few seconds later, bam! there goes the legs. Big grin

The Dingo legs are one of my favorite midweight legs by the way. Not as flashy as its big brother's stats, but a workhorse whose durability you can count on.
Quote:Yep, Kissyoh totally destroys multi-lock missiles. It can even get on your opponent's nerves if you're constantly breaking his or her lock. Plus, any 2-shot missile volley is going to be easier to evade than any 6-shot one

You are right, it is MUCH easier to dodge a 2 lock then a 6 lock, albeit, I do pride myself on my ability to dodge missiles at a given second :]

Quote:It's a fun and solid build. The RL + Griffon is a very good combo, but I think what most people underestimate about it is it's ability to destroy parts, especially the Griffon. Peg them down with the linear rifle, then heat 'em up with the Griffon, right

You hit the nail on the head. RL for stunning and setup and Griffon works well as clean up work. works best when the shot is guaranteed. If at all possible, I dont wanna miss more than 5 times with the Griffon, whereas with the RL I have more liberty with my misses.

Quote:The Dingo legs are one of my favorite midweight legs by the way. Not as flashy as its big brother's stats, but a workhorse whose durability you can count on

The Dingo's are my favorite legs and have been ever since NX. They are overpowered and they arent overused, yet, they are still pretty effective. I love 'em so much that Tempest is the only one to have the honor of having them equipped, just cuz Tempest is cool like that, lolz.
<a href='http://ravenrepublic.net/index.php?showtopic=230' target='_blank'>http://ravenrepublic.net/index.php?showtopic=230</a>

you were saying? Big grin
<!--QuoteBegin-Crimson+Dec 8 2006, 12:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crimson @ Dec 8 2006, 12:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I love 'em so much that Tempest is the only one to have the honor of having them equipped, just cuz Tempest is cool like that, lolz. [/quote:bfb73c8e20]
<!--QuoteBegin-wanzerfreak+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wanzerfreak)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><a href='http://ravenrepublic.net/index.php?showtopic=230' target='_blank'>http://ravenrepublic.net/index.php?showtopic=230</a>

you were saying? Big grin[/quote:bfb73c8e20]
Dude, I think he meant that Tempest was the only one among his ACs that had the Dingo legs equipped on them. XD
Lol, wanzerfreak, Grimlok is correct. I did mean that Tempest is the only one of my ACs to have the Dingo legs.

You nut Chair
<!--QuoteBegin-Crimson+Dec 8 2006, 11:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crimson @ Dec 8 2006, 11:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Lol, wanzerfreak, Grimlok is correct. I did mean that Tempest is the only one of my ACs to have the Dingo legs.

You nut Chair [/quote:a50e686370]
Hahah get used to it man. LOL

But the Republic DEFINITELY wouldn't be the same without good ol' wanzerfreak. Worship

Hahaha

(I've been waiting for a chance to use that emoticon! LOL)
Lol, i guess you are right. WF (just cuz im too lazy to type out his whole name) is a intrical part of this site and he will forever be loved...^.^
Pages: 1 2