The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans [G-Tekketsu]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All hail your new Gundam.

[Image: q64Y1nE.jpg]

My quest to watch every single Gundam related show has further been burdened by the appearance of this new series.

All you need to know about the setting can be efficiently explained in this video:

It is worth noting that both the writer and director of this new Gundam series also worked on Anohana: The flower we saw that day... Could this new Gundam series be filled with melodrama? D:
(09-29-2015, 07:48 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]It is worth noting that both the writer and director of this new Gundam series also worked on Anohana: The flower we saw that day... Could this new Gundam series be filled with melodrama? D:

The twist will be that the pilot's main love interest will be revealed as a ghost. Big grin

The MS designs seem to be a combination between 00 and Xenogears. Tongue

[Image: Gundam_IBO_ms01.jpg]

[Image: Gundam_IBO_ms03.jpg]

[Image: Gundam_IBO_ms05.jpg]

[Image: Gundam_IBO_ms04.jpg]

[Image: Gundam_IBO_ms06.jpg]

[Image: Gundam_IBO_ms02.jpg]
I'm really digging the heavy looking ones. Also, I believe I've read somewhere that the show will be a 50 episode run, split into 2 parts like 00.

I forgot where I read it though.
Hey the MSs are looking good!
Holy shit, I marathoned this show till episode 8 for now and I really like it. Go watch the show! The action scenes alone are worth it, and the story is also really really good.
Now that first season is over, what do you guys think of the show?

I think some of you already know about how I feel about the first season in my Skype rants, but what about you guys?
It ain't a Gundam story if nobody important or interesting dies. Tongue
I'm disappointed that they didn't commit to the deaths that they teased in ep 24.

Char clone's motives are kinda wonky. But whatever.

Great series overall though. Mace chan fan service!
Yeah, Ein jobbed hard. All that waiting and build up was nothing against plot armor.
The A-V system that the Gundams run on, is almost identical to the Human Plus/Links systems from Armored Core lore.

Some of the mecha are rather AC-ish as well. (The Graze, and Ein's 'new body.')

In fact, at this point, it's like everything I love about this Gundam series is everything it seems to imitate from AC.
(03-30-2016, 02:55 AM)The Mike Wrote: [ -> ]Some of the mecha are rather AC-ish as well. (The Graze, and Ein's 'new body.')

In fact, at this point, it's like everything I love about this Gundam series is everything it seems to imitate from AC.

This I agree. The AC-ish aesthetic of IBO is one of the things I like about the series. I would love to see how some of the more blocky heavies look like besides the green fatties in the middle of the first season (I forgot their names).
Is it these?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/UGY-R41_Man_Rodi

The root page has all of the mecha for the season. Lemme grab it as well.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Suit...ED_ORPHANS
(03-29-2016, 07:29 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, Ein jobbed hard. All that waiting and build up was nothing against plot armor.

No worries. Give it half a season and we'll see the rise of Ein-Ball Seraph.