The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: E3 2015 Round up and hype thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As we all know, E3 2015 has just passed us and a LOT of awesome announcements have been made.

I, for one, in a bid to try to reinvigorate this forum with content am making a bunch of threads to see where this effort goes.

FF7 remake was for sure one of the biggest ones to come out this year. A lot of fans including the raving fanboy in myself am stoked to have it out. I hope that while sticking to the plot, they will flesh out a ton of other facets of the story, as ff7 has indeed one of the richest lores out there.

Shenmue 3, while not having actually played the first two games, got me interested and happy for those who have been asking for it the whole time.

Persona 5 has my eye on it for a while, and I'm looking forward to getting it soon!

one game did interest me-Unravel by ColdWood Studios, a Swedish company. It's a platformer with a unique twist, and it looks really cute and pleasing to the eye-similar in a lot of ways to Little Big Planet. The only downside is that it's Published by EA.

So there, just a short list off the top of my head on the games I am looking forward to in the future.

So what about you guys?
Well this E3 made many gamers dreams come true.

The Last Guardian (FINALLY), Transformers Devastation (It's gonna be over-the-top thanks to Platinum Games), Dark Souls 3 (FROM! Y U ABANDON THE ROBOT!?), Uncharted 4, Fallout 4, Mass Effect Andromeda, XCOM 2.

Shenmue 3 in particular strikes me. I never played the games before, but the reviews struck me dumfounded. Many players, especially those who played the first game, found the grinding parts (where Ryo tries to make money for a ticket to Hong Kong) boring, as in a simulation of real life. While the attention to detail is amazing (The setting of the first game is during 1986, and they even supposedly got the weather for the year correctly), the things to do as in real life, were supposedly boring.

Anyway, a big deal as to why the 3rd game is getting so much hype is because the 2nd game ended with the most diabolical cliffhanger just as the story was becoming very interesting. It's good to see the thing get concluded at least.
(06-23-2015, 07:45 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]Well this E3 made many gamers dreams come true.

The Last Guardian (FINALLY), Transformers Devastation (It's gonna be over-the-top thanks to Platinum Games), Dark Souls 3 (FROM! Y U ABANDON THE ROBOT!?), Uncharted 4, Fallout 4, Mass Effect Andromeda, XCOM 2.

Shenmue 3 in particular strikes me. I never played the games before, but the reviews struck me dumfounded. Many players, especially those who played the first game, found the grinding parts (where Ryo tries to make money for a ticket to Hong Kong) boring, as in a simulation of real life. While the attention to detail is amazing (The setting of the first game is during 1986, and they even supposedly got the weather for the year correctly), the things to do as in real life, were supposedly boring.

Anyway, a big deal as to why the 3rd game is getting so much hype is because the 2nd game ended with the most diabolical cliffhanger just as the story was becoming very interesting. It's good to see the thing get concluded at least.

Yeah exactly. We won't probably be getting this sort of E3 every year, but I'm glad at least some companies are getting the memo. I consider the ps3 xbox 360 wii era to be the worst in terms of priority given by the game companies to gamers-who, really, are the ones they should be valuing more.

OH FUCK yeah Last Guardian too.

and btw, FUCK KONAMI.
(06-23-2015, 11:17 AM)Mjting Wrote: [ -> ]btw, FUCK KONAMI.

Yes. I mean, what the fuck are they doing???? Cutting out Kojima like that.

Also, RR folks, please get PS4s when you can. Smile
(06-23-2015, 02:37 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]

Will definitely get a ps4 once most of the games announced are out. Don't worry boss.
Horizon Zero Dawn!

Animal Crossing Happy Home! LOL
Still. Fuck Konami.
I knew you guys would eventually get a PS4. It's like RR legacy to get a Playstation of every generation Big grin
(06-23-2015, 11:51 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: [ -> ]I knew you guys would eventually get a PS4. It's like RR legacy to get a Playstation of every generation Big grin

Considering most of us grew up on that console after the genesis/snes stuff, it's bound to happen anyway.

I'm still waiting for a bit longer until the prices drop. That or if I can dedicate enough funds for a new console.
(06-23-2015, 11:51 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: [ -> ]I knew you guys would eventually get a PS4. It's like RR legacy to get a Playstation of every generation Big grin

It's not really an if we would get one, it's a matter of when.
(06-23-2015, 02:37 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]

i'd prolly be extremely late to the party since i'm only possibly getting a ps3 this year. but i'll get one someday ahahaha (prolly when ps5 comes out hahahahahah)

on topic:
watched a few of the trailers yesterday, really really interested in The Last Guardian since it's from the same people as Shadow of the Colossus (i think). oh and P5 looks cool as fuck.
haha Persona always manages to look cool and all funky.

Yeah Last Guardian looks awesome.