The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Armored Core: Verdict Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Deemer, I most definitely agree. Each and every single point you have made, I agree wholeheartedly.
(02-25-2013, 12:30 PM)Deemer Wrote: [ -> ]I just feel that Fromsoftware approaches each AC game with the wrong mindset. more and more lately it seems they focus very heavily on filling the games with what I call "cool value" rather then gameplay. they fill the games with flashy/epic content thats more meant to make you go "oh man, that is so badass", But dont have much practical/balanced value in the gameplay itself

as a result I think a lot of stuff in the newer Armored Cores end up being more "gimmicky" then anything. not really sure how to explain it, but in ACV even the multiplayer itself feels a bit gimmicky with how it was implemented(at least IMO).

I mean sure, its a real fun idea to be able to wall hike off buildings with a giant robot, but its also kinda dumb when you really think about it, lol.
(e.g.)

too put it bluntly, the newer AC games are all flash, no substance.

well thats my two cents

I definitely agree. But the same can be said about most new games, though.
(02-25-2013, 12:30 PM)Deemer Wrote: [ -> ]I just feel that Fromsoftware approaches each AC game with the wrong mindset. more and more lately it seems they focus very heavily on filling the games with what I call "cool value" rather then gameplay. they fill the games with flashy/epic content thats more meant to make you go "oh man, that is so badass", But dont have much practical/balanced value in the gameplay itself

as a result I think a lot of stuff in the newer Armored Cores end up being more "gimmicky" then anything. not really sure how to explain it, but in ACV even the multiplayer itself feels a bit gimmicky with how it was implemented(at least IMO).

I mean sure, its a real fun idea to be able to wall hike off buildings with a giant robot, but its also kinda dumb when you really think about it, lol.
(e.g.)

too put it bluntly, the newer AC games are all flash, no substance.

well thats my two cents

As much as I hate to agree, its true with a lot of games and its something that cant be avoided in my opinion. I think its part of a process of making something new for the current generation. For games to sell, it has to have something new and exploring that horizon is usually hit or miss and its usually sales and just a few feedback that determines if its a success or not.
I also agree with what was said here, but can we put all the blame in them? They do need to make a profit, its just a shame most companies use this excuse way too often.

Anyway Andrew, we are just discussing the news article so I think its fine too keep it here for now. At least we haven't gone horribly off topic like we normally do right?LOL

Lygophilia

They should add all of the exclusive weapons from the retro games, because none from the newer games hardly had any new hand weapons to offer me. It's like they are running out of imagination with new arm weapons and focusing too much on over-simplicity, which is the reason why I can't make anything past 3 designs from the PS2 games.

I'm not against innovative mechanics, but I feel it shouldn't be implemented with an devolution mindset. Can it be evolved more or that's the extent of it? The AC4 series was also shallow to me, because of it. What the older games had, it placed at least some restrictions on repetition from the heating system for greater energy and cooling management, in addition to damage warning signs of specific mech weapons and parts, which led to their explosions.

If my expectations are met, I hope my interest can last this time. I want the company to cater to the old generation as well, to balance out things. I don't like to be confined to just classic games.
sawrz

HEAT is mentioned.

[Image: ACVD_02.jpg]

[Image: ACVD_01.jpg]

[Image: ACVD_00.jpg]
A new type of HEAT weapon? Oh and I'm lovin' those new shields.
Better quality pics: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201304/04031328.html

Aaaaand Live stream: http://www.armoredcore.net/aclive20130412/

And if you didn't see the new stuff on the Armored Core FB page, NBs EU Community Manager Isshak got his plan approved. See link below for more details on what it is:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...538&type=1
HEAT weapons...

So radiators are back o3o?
(04-05-2013, 09:32 AM)Zefyr Wrote: [ -> ]HEAT weapons...

So radiators are back o3o?

Could be just another variant of the current HEAT weapons we have (the HEAT cannons). Dunno if they're gonna bring in an actual heat mechanic like in LR though.
Well look at what I found.

The multiplayer battles look even bigger than before.
[Image: mpfail.jpg]
(04-12-2013, 12:20 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ][Image: mpfail.jpg]
LOL

Also, new images on the FB page. Be sure to read the descriptions too as they do provide tidbits of info on the parts.

(04-12-2013, 01:35 PM)farmboy28 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2013, 12:20 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ][Image: mpfail.jpg]
LOL

Also, new images on the FB page. Be sure to read the descriptions too as they do provide tidbits of info on the parts.

See's "HEAT machine gun." I know what I'm getting.Gangster
Glad you guys are liking the trailer!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25