The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What's your internet browser?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the past few years, I've been using Mozilla Firefox.

Internet Explorer is so stupid because it gets hijacked really easily (just like what happened to me recently... some stupid chinese adware hijacked my IE to constantly pop up every few minutes).

Oh and I tried using the latest version of IE... it's SERIOUSLY hungry for RAM... totally impractical. If you insist on using IE, I suggest staying with version 6.

EDIT - I just finished dowloading Firefox 2.0... It's seriously awesome.
Firefox since... well since I found out. The new IE is pretty good though, it also supports tabbed browsing Tongue
Lord_Leperman Wrote:it also supports tabbed browsing Tongue
Gaya-gaya <_<

Tongue

I use Firefox too, but did you know that sometimes it can eat up a lot of system resources as well? Right now I'm looking at the Processes tab of my Task Manager and it says Firefox is using 76,976K.

Don't believe me? Here's a pic that wasn't 'shopped at all, I promise:

[Image: firefoxxz0.jpg]

On a side note, I apologize to NiX and any other people looking to see how the PACT brackets went. I just haven't found time to create the darned pic yet. Tongue
Yep firefox does consume some serious RAM... especially if you're running multiple tabs.

However, have you guys tried out IE7? It's seriously hungrier for RAM... It was running so slowly on my laptop that I had to uninstall it... though my lappy is pretty dated.
The reason I've been so concerned lately with browsers:

Firefox Myths

Some of those are pretty cool, especially that easter egg under the "Firefox is not a religion" myth. LOL