The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Elemental
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking earlier today of a theme AC: Something that I'd use from begining till the end of LR's storyline without changing any parts (Much like the other ACs in the story of the game) Just to get the feeling of being one of the characters in the game.

AC: Elemental

EYE4
U4
GIBBON
80S2
Vulture2 (10 heat)
VOLUTE
KONGOH (10 capacity)
ANANDA (10 cooling)
MEDUSA
none
none
none
93RL
KARASAWA
none
none

Options: Screens, stability, charge expander (Works best with the Kongoh), radar+, cooling+, +Turn rate. (Too tired to remember the names of the option parts)

Fairly simple design. The Kongoh doesn't really heat up as I would originaly expect in conjunction with the Vulture 2 and gives enough output surplus to power the Karasawa under sustained firing conditions. The two hand weapons need no explaination, their reputation is in their performance Wink . The AC's defense is also balanced with almost equal amounts of shell and energy defense.

Some problems include the lack of a decent flight time and probably some better alternatives (Such as putting it on a DINGO2 leg set for increased mobility) and the empty back slots can be used for something like Pursuit Missiles.

Fight vid: <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYNWUhpKceU' target='_blank'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYNWUhpKceU</a>
i've tried using the same AC from the beginning to the end too and it was hard Ohmy but it's also fun Big grin i'd say your AC is great.the only thing i dont agree much was the low capacity kongoh Smile but while in the mision,don't you use a laser blade just in case you lose your ammo?coz i've experience losing ammo in a long mission and i felt like i was wasting time
I tried this out a bit against Maitreya a while ago. For an AC to simply mess around with, this one certainly does what it's supposed to do.

I like the whole "Fire and Ice" theme going on. (I've got a paint job for this in case you're interested. Hahah) The RL and KRSW are nasty weapons on their own and (as it turns out) even nastier when paired up. A problem here is that the RL and KRSW aren't that accurate beyond close-mid range, thereby limiting this AC's versatility... but I'm sure you knew that already.

By the way, what FCS are you using for this? I first tried VOLUTE2 to counter the left SAWA's ping time... but the box turned out really small so I used the F73H instead.

Investing in GOLGI (energy weapon upper) might also be a good idea.
Got me a nice paint scheme for it Big grin I gave it 4 colors: Red for fire, Blue for Ice, White for speed, and Brownish read for defense representing the 4 elements according to ancient Greece.

What's your paint scheme like?

BTW the FCS is the VOLUTE, I forgot to put it in.

Ravenflau: Pick your shots when it comes to mission and in the arena since ammo is fairly limited. I'd say the KSaw and the RL are good enough for most missions and the arena. I'm not really a blader so I don't really use them even for missions Tongue

Picture time:[Image: dscn0345em1.jpg]
I got to know this AC pretty 'intimately.' XD

Like NiX's Osiris, when Rick picks it up, it's quite teh beast. Tongue

RL and Sawa pretty much hinder any rushing or even flanking tactics, and the high defense rating of the frame makes up for the shots that do get in and connect (like some coconuts... Roll eyes). To fight this thing, I'd suggest taking a heavy, an RS, a left hand that stuns like the BP, and some fast missiles that will overcome the Medusa like the MT or Satyros (although that's not likely with how Leperman uses them), and some guts.

Lol my comment wasn't on your design at all, but on how to counter it. Haha sorry. Tongue

Oh and that's a nice new paintjob. It reminds me of Gill.

[Image: gillij3.jpg]
exactly! all this ac needs is a thong. Smile)
At least you'll be reminded about how Man-man this AC is Big grin
I already tried this combination of weapon, and yeah it is very evil. It even breaks parts easily. This is as evil as Gill lol XD It reminds me of Iron-LW095 (tama ba iyon? Smile) )

BTW, have you tried BP with the RL?
check his Halimaw in the PACT forum
<!--QuoteBegin-Black Dragon+Nov 11 2006, 12:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Black Dragon @ Nov 11 2006, 12:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> BTW, have you tried BP with the RL? [/quote:5b36d9ef56]
ROFLMAO Smile)
<!--QuoteBegin-Lord_Leperman+Nov 11 2006, 11:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lord_Leperman @ Nov 11 2006, 11:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> At least you'll be reminded about how Man-man this AC is Big grin [/quote:eb6a09c1fd]
Smile)
<!--QuoteBegin-Black Dragon+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Black Dragon)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->BTW, have you tried BP with the RL?[/quote:eb6a09c1fd]
Double Smile)

Dude, you should know that that's the combination.
Looks like he already had that idea on Smile)