The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: SL - My two main AC's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AC Name- Basilisk
Head- CHD-MISTEYE
Core- MCM-MI/008
Arms- MAL--RE/REX
Legs- CLM-03-SRVT
Boosters- CBT-01-UN8
FCS- AOX-F/ST-6
Generator- CGP-ROZ
Radiator- RMR-SA44
Inside- NONE
Extensions- MWEM-R/24
Back Unit R- MWM-DM24/1
Back Unit L- CWM-HA30-4
Arm Unit R- CWG-RF-150
Arm Unit L- CWG-SRFL-50

---Optional Parts---
OP-S-SCR
OP-E/SCR
OP-S/STAB
OP-E/CND
OP-ECMP
OP-L-AXL
OP-LFCS++

This AC has been my staple since AC3, and I did very well with it at tourneys across the eastern US for years. it changes of course with each new game, but the idea of the AC remains the same. anyone who knows me, knows I am a missile freak, and not an aggressive pilot.

its overweight on purpose(assuming its playing at a tourney that doesn't ban OW)
if OW is banned, I usually pull off the Hi act pod for they tourney.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AC Name- Judgment
Head- CHD-SKYEYE
Core- MCL-SS/RAY
Arms- MAL-RE/REX
Legs- CLL-04-LGSK
Boosters- MBT-NI/GULL
FCS- AOX-F/ST-6
Generator- CGP-ROZ
Radiator- RMR-SA44
Inside- NONE
Extensions- NONE
Back Unit R- NONE
Back Unit L- CWM-HA30-4
Arm Unit R- MWG-MG/1000
Arm Unit L- CWG-SRFL-50

---Optional Parts---
OP-S-SCR
OP-E/CND
OP-ECMP
OP-L-AXL
OP-LFCS++

this was a fun non OP-I lighty to make, because I don't usually play aggressively. I wanted a good light that could hang in the air for a long time. its got really surprising drain and recharge for a lighty with missiles. I do sacrifice a lot of speed to load it up like I did. but even when a light is slower, the reaction speed and actual "swiftness" still makes them really effective against non lights. especially when one can move around, and rain a changing combination of missiles, MG, and snifle fire on someone.

when you look at this one on paper, it doesn't look too impressive. but build it and check it out, people tell me that its a really fun AC to play.
Is there something about the REX arms that I don't know of besides the low drain? Because I always see the HADRO as the arms to use for lights because of its armor to weight ratio.

I have no doubts about the simplicity of weapons for Judgment though. :p Heck if you want to make it even more deadly, just use the MG-800 and SRFL/70 if they're not banned. I'd imagine you'd be using it like this:

your right, the HADRO are usually the standard on most AC's. they are without a doubt one of the most well rounded pair of arms in SL
the REX are more or less personal preference really. and they are good arms on their own too. for me, I just like the drain and weight of the REX. I think the one area I would prefer the HADRO
over the REX for either of these AC's, would be in def. for light arms, the HADRO do have great def considering how good the other stats are. but in the end I'm a missile freak, and missiles on their own add a lot of base drain to AC's, so I usually lean to the REX. I have found that in high level play at large tourneys I have come to know that small difference in stats like EN drain, can mean a LOT.

And yeah, I don't use banned parts, regardless if I'm playing where they are actually banned or not.
me and my circle of friends just got so used to gentleman's rules we just instinctively ignore banned parts completely while building regardless *shrug*