The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Firecracker Redux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i think it's about time that Firecracker becomes it's own ac instead of being the sister ac to my Thundershot.

apparently, not being able to dual-wield limited my back cannon options. no lockbox buff = ND lockbox the size of a postage stamp. SO, i ditched the dual mg arms and went for dual handguns instead like the fat cheap bastard that i am:

eye3 (max cooling)
NON-OB UL (+5 cooling, +5 solid def)
xs (+5 cooling, +5 solid def)
lf71 (+5 cooling, +5 solid def)
vulture2 (+ 3 power, +3 accel, +4 head reduction)
84p (max output)
ananda (max cooling)
f73h
-no inside parts-
nymphe
geryon
gar
ghost2
1hp
wraith
wraith

amino, es, la, l+, codon, ribose, r+, marishi

strategy:

kwitis - spam with nymphe+gar
libintador - engage with handguns in CQ. handguns heat you up like a motherfucker.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! - engage with with geryon at mid or long range

there's just one tiny problem....

i finally came up with a half-decent paint job but i forgot to write down the paint stats! Big grin
camo-green/fatigue green might suit it nicely

desert brown may be nice too
just bumping it up the topic list. Smile)
My biggest issue about this AC concerns the Geryon. It locks too slow IMO, even for sniping at long ranges. You'll need excellent lockbox control to keep track of enemies long enough to have a secure, red lock. Plus, you'll also have to do it while skating around... no rail gun effect here. That might not leave you with enough energy to fire it.

I dunno... it'll work (how you use the Geryon that is) against very specific ACs and playstyles only. Surely not on DFAs, unless you're backpedaling/boosting. Maybe try rushing with it instead? Tongue

Or use LGL, but that's taking out energy damage.

Other than that, this is a very solid quad. It's light, it's fast, and the flow of weapons when switching from one to the other is very smooth and fast. The G84P meshes well with the boost hopping style of the AC. Stig.
yeah, i've been considering using the ladon or ladon2 on this thing as well.
Oh yeah I forgot... you got two extra slots for optional parts. Put on Kissyoh or something. Also, I think putting R+ actually makes it harder to interpret the radar, 'cause it blows everything out of proportion. Tighter is better IMO. Just a thought.
LADON1 works nicely. GERYON2 is actually pretty good too.

And then for your extra op slot, you can probably remove Ribose and place GOLGI.
lol. there was atually an empty slot? Smile)

thanks for pointing that out.

damn, i should really write EVERYTHING down next time i leave the game center.....

anyway,

eye3 (max cooling)
u3 (+5 cooling, +5 solid def)
xs (+5 cooling, +5 solid def)
lf71 (+5 cooling, +5 solid def)
vulture2 (+2 power, +4 accel, +4 head reduction)
84p (max output)
ananda (max cooling)
volute2
-no inside parts-
69m
ladon (or geryon2)
rm3
1hp
1hp
wraith
wraith

amino, es, la, l+, codon, golgi, r+, marishi

still handles the same and runs at 400 kph fully-loaded even with the heavier u3. plus, i get more heat resistance, ap, and def stats. i think the ladon2 fits in nicely with the original frame.

edit - 1hp for ghost2 and some other minor changes. kept the 84p. you were right about the 84, nix, but i don't more speed so i kept the orignal tunes. Tongue
Yeah that's much better, I would think. I'm a fan of U3 too. I'd use LADON over LADON2 for almost all ocassions though.

If you're feeling a little cheap, HP+HP is probably a better arm weapon combo. But for variety's sake, GHOST2 is fine.

And if you wanna squeeze some more speed out of your AC, tuning G84P to (6,4,0) or (7,3,0) works really nicely too. You'll hardly notice any decrease in refresh rate.
This feels much more fluid IMO.

This provides you better damage ability at all ranges. Since the removal of the Geryon, long range sniping can now be done much faster. 69M + RM3 could probably last you for the majority of the match if you wanted to. Plus, they're accurate from midrange too; the extensions mostly.

Agreed with NiX on the dual HPs up front. Makes for one deadly combo to scare rushers away, back to the range of the backmounts. Smile)
"If you're feeling a little cheap, HP+HP is probably a better arm weapon combo. But for variety's sake, GHOST2 is fine. "

perhaps. ghost2 does tick damage. i'm beginning question its effectiveness too.

"And if you wanna squeeze some more speed out of your AC, tuning G84P to (6,4,0) or (7,3,0) works really nicely too. You'll hardly notice any decrease in refresh rate."

i'll try that. i was also considering the use of the magnolia. i'll test the g84p with that settings and the magnolia and see which gen i'm confortable with. Big grin

"Makes for one deadly combo to scare rushers away, back to the range of the backmounts."

true dat! Smile)
Tuned to (7,3,0), G84P still has more output and less heat than MAGNOLIA, while being only 3 points heavier. MAGNOLIA has more capacity because of the redzone though.
as promised, here's the paint scheme:

format: r/g/b

b - 131/11/21
a - 173/161/79
o - 131/11/21
d - 29/141/29
j - 90/90/90

it also gets it's own theme:

"Episode 666" - In Flames

<a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y29qLTbd4U' target='_blank'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y29qLTbd4U</a>
i thought i might use some parts that i haven't used before, so again i did some more remodelling........

eye4* (+5 cooling, +5 solid def)
u2* (max cooling)
sl* (+5 cooling, +5 solid def)
lf71 (+5 cooling, +2 solid def, +3 weight cap)
vulture2 (+2 power, +4 accel, +4 head reduction)
84p (max output)
ananda (max cooling)
f73h
medusa
69m
ladon
rm3
pixie3
1hp
---
69h

amino, es, l+, codon, golgi, r+, marishi