The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Halimaw II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check out the original design here: http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=848

EYE3
UA
A72F
94A2
F73H
GULL
LOTUS
ANANDA
MEDUSA2
FUNI
MV
SPARTOI
93RL
BP

Mini Halimaw. More of a higher speed variant than a refinement in the design. Surprisingly shell defense remains the same while getting close to a 50kph speed boost. EN defense takes a hit, but can be partially remedied by fully tuning EN defense.

Backmounts are limited by the leg weight cap, so I had to choose missile sets that would create offensive and defensive playstyles. In the spirit of stand-off range missiles. the SPARTOI + FUNI replaces the HYDRA + GAR for long range attacks. The KARURA gets replaced by the MV in a tactical shift from the original thanks to the extra 50kph speed boost. The extra speed allows the AC to do offensive runs only possible with the original when the backmounts are dropped. Thus the MV helps in herding opponents at an appropriate range. Same reason why the F73H replaces the VOLUTE for better horizontal tracking for the offensive run. Again, drop either MV or SPARTOI + FUNI to get into combat weight.

Sort of looks like the original too. If only I had a pic to show, but for now just look at the original in the link above and imagine it with slightly smaller arms and legs. :p

Worthy successor? Parallel design? Comments? Suggestions? Share your thoughts Tongue

EDIT: Redesigned, please see 4th post below.
Will try when I get home. But A2 instead of underweighted FA? Conscience? LOL
Just wanted something different :p

Underweighed FA works too btw. Faster than this design at the cost of a slight hit in defense, but yeah FA does that.

Considering the GAR2 + SYAKATSURA at the moment.
Ok, so Halimaw II is largely unimaginative. Everything is really the same as the original. So, in order to differentiate it from the original, I've swapped out the weapons into something much more interesting.

EYE3
UA
A72F
94A2
VOLUTE
GULL
LOTUS
ANANDA
MEDUSA2
-
69M
-
BP
BP

Tune accordingly. Priority is Weight > EN defense.

Options: Screens. KISSYOH, L+, CODON, MARISHI, Radar +

So this one, compared to the original Halimaw II, specializes on beating opponents down. The BP stuns lights, slowing their offensive movement as well as interrupting their firing animation, and 2 of them can significantly slow an AC's DPS in addition to tearing their AP apart. 69M is a no brainer spamable long range weapon designed to harass enemies who don't come in close.

Thoughts? Better or not? :p
I remember NiX's Badong AC, just because of the weapons. Tongue
LOL yeah it does very much look like Badong, but this one is more mobile, I think. What's the max boost speed?
340-ish. Don't want to use underweight FA this time though :p

Hell, if this one backpedals faster you can call this one Bading-dong.