The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Fidelitas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fidelitas (loyalty)

[Image: Fidelitas.jpg]

frame parts
EYE4 - 60 shell defense, 40 energy defense
89E - 30 cooling, 40 shell defense, 30 energy defense
A72F - 40 cooling, 30 shell defense, 30 energy defense
S3 - 20 cooling, 30 shell defense, 30 energy defense

internal and motive parts
VULTURE2 - 100 booster heat
F73H
G91 - 100 energy output
ANANDA - 30 energy drain, 70 cooling

armaments
RM3
SPART01
R2
R3

optionals
AMINO
071EC
075LA
079L+
CODON
MARISHI

This is a frame i've been using as a refresher AC to get myself re-familiarized with the game, since it's been a bit of a while since i've played semi-seriously. It's another one of my dual-rifle designs, based on modifications that NiX and Leperman suggested to my main staple. Instead of the usual SATYROS mids that i use, i'm experimenting a bit with the SPART01 (or is it SPARTOI?) missiles. Not yet sure though if this is a viable option in VS Human matches.

Comments/suggestions are needed.
Looks pretty good to me. But maybe tune 89E to around 50% weight. That core's just so heavy. You probably don't need all those cooling points all over, either. VULTURE2 could use a lot more boost power to propel S3.

No ES optional part? You can ditch EC.

What's the max boost speed on this?
@NiX

I actually noticed that i went overboard with the cooling after i posted this. I tried the frame again just earlier and allocated all of the cooling points into defense, barely even noticed the heat meter going up even after prolonged boosting. Tongue

Yeah, took your suggestion and switched out the EC for the energy screen and the stability optional. Even Evangel's linear cannon shots barely stun this frame now.

As for the speed, it's 368kph right off the bat. After dropping the missile combo, it goes up to 418kph with a peak of 439kph after dropping the R3, since it runs outta ammo faster than the R2. It could go higher than that if i hafta drop the R2 but if it ever comes down to that, i know i'm truly well fucked by that point. Speed's not a big deal for me on this frame though, since the shell def and AP can handle most of what's thrown at it. Big grin

Overall, i'm happy with the suggestions. Happy
I'm imagining that this'd have top-class defense. My only worry for it is that 368 isn't really that fast, which would further emphasize the somewhat limited range of its weapons. But it should hold its own anyway against most ACs especially at midrange.
Hmmmm a semi-heavy AC 2k shell defence decked out to fire four rifles at the same time? I'll dig. Shades

You could tune 3 weight for both the 89E and the S3 legs, and 6 energy defence for the A72F arms (drop the shell defence).
You can bump up the AC's defense further with the LEMUR if you're worried about the lack of EN defense, EN drain will suffer a bit more though. Try the GULL with the LOTUS and see if it suits you along with the LEMUR.

I like it overall, low drain and very easy to use. Tongue
Like this one? Smile
I'll try testing the LEMUR on it later, as well as a different set of legs and internals since the S3s seem to be rather slow. Although with the amount of changes, i might end up making an entirely separate frame instead.

Might either S2 or 89F work well?
LEMUR will indeed increase the drain by quite a bit. And while swapping G91 for LOTUS will give you a speed boost, it'll only hit your energy reserves even more. Anyway, I dunno about LEMUR, but I do like the idea of LOTUS+GULL on this AC.
Tried swapping parts. I like LOTUS/GULL on the frame but not LEMUR. Like i predicted, i ended up making an entirely new frame with EYE3/89E/LEMUR/89F but that's a post for another day.
Gave it a whirl.

I do prefer the LOTUS-GULL on it.

EYE4 (0,0,4,6,0)
89E (6,0,0,4,0)
A72F (0,0,0,10,0)
S3 (0,0,4,6,0)

GULL (0,0,4,6)
F73H
LOTUS (0,8,2)
ANANDA (0,0,10)

RM3
-
SPARTOI
R2
R3

amino es ss la l+ codon marishi

At start:
9200 AP
2768 EN SUPPLY (3021 w/o RM3)
390 MAX BOOST (415 w/o RM3)
15579 COOLING
2080 1623 DEFENSE

Defense is awesome, as expected. Speed in this configuration is pretty good relative to the defense. EN Supply is a bit low, but enough to work with until missiles can be expended. Replacing EYE4 with EYE3 nets ~200 more energy supply if needed.

89F Version.

EYE4 (0,0,4,6,0)
89E (6,0,0,4,0)
LEMUR (7,3,0,0,0)
89F (0,0,4,6,0)

GULL (0,0,3,7)
F73H
LOTUS (0,8,2)
ANANDA (0,0,10)

RM3
-
SPARTOI
R2
R3

amino es ss la l+ codon marishi

At start:
8670 AP
3276 EN SUPPLY
392 MAX BOOST
15235 COOLING
2017 1749 DEFENSE

Ends up pretty comparable to S3 version. Substantial Hits to starting AP and cooling in exchange for more balanced defense and higher energy supply. Slight loss in turning speed. (Just gotta point out that swapping out 89F for COUGAR2 (0,0,4,6,0) in this version gets you pretty much the same stats but propels you to 405 MAX BOOST in exchange for energy supply dropping to 2618)

Slight edge to the S3 version due to massive AP, but they're pretty much even.