The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Turn HTML Off?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As you may notice, I've been on an RR-retooling/upgrading spree lately. I guess knowing that there's a problem really gets to me. Ha.

Anyway, I want to get your opinion on this before I go ahead with it.

HTML is currently allowed in the forums. This is a pretty big security risk on its own. The link below is just one of the multitude of results you can get on Google.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68184

Are you OK with turning HTML off? If we do, posting and embedding videos and personality test results won't be as easy anymore. We might have to resort to posting links that lead people to those videos instead, and using screenshots to show test results. God forbid. LOL Also, past posts will look really weird now that all that HTML code will be shown before your eyes (as they won't activate anymore).

Answer in the poll.

Thanks!
Are there any other ways of regulating/limiting HTML usage?
(08-17-2010, 05:33 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any other ways of regulating/limiting HTML usage?

I've been looking for ways to sanitize HTML input, but so far, there are none. Most boards have this turned off by default. Maybe it was wrong of me to condition us being used to having HTML. Tongue
Haha we're pretty obscure, I think. But anyway, if it truly is for the better, then I don't mind.
Had to vote for yes. I think we're better off being safe than sorry, regardless of our "obscurity".

Hurrr Durr it rhymes

Edit:

I'd still prefer to use HTML though. LOL
We're all pretty torn, including me. Obscurity was what I was thinking too. It's pretty much the only thing keeping us from chaos.

I'll give it another week. If no one posts any violent objections, we'll try turning it off for a month or so. Then we'll reevaluate.
(08-18-2010, 01:56 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]I'll give it another week. If no one posts any violent objections, we'll try turning it off for a month or so. Then we'll reevaluate.

Someone should post a violent objection for the sake of making a violent objection.

RR is turning into a hivemind.
(08-18-2010, 02:28 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]RR is turning into a hivemind.

Shit happens?

[Image: 4qqa7wm.gif]
I'm kind of split between turning HTML off and on. I agree with giving a month's trial. What might happen though is almost everyone getting used to having it turned off. Basically, if we turn it off, we might as well live with it. Given that we take note of the pros and cons we experience. Leaving it on though will make it easier to view stuff for everyone.

Our older-older posts [three - four year old ones] already look messy. So it's either me make it look messier or leave them as is. << Just something I noticed.

I think we'll need Raffy (the deviant XD) to post a biased/troll statement for NOU. D:
D:
wtf ?!

anyway from what I heard we just have to learn to do things a little differently but we do become more secure as a site in the process. I for one don't have any problems with that

anyway what those "NOU" stand for?
(08-20-2010, 12:25 PM)clonezero Wrote: [ -> ]anyway what those "NOU" stand for?

NOU means NOU
It's more of a shortcut for NOU (; i do not know where to put space), used for any comeback to any stupid/troll statement, which is supposed to be done satirically by you, where everyone will think otherwise and go for yes because of your 'planned-by-another-troll' troll comment.

I mustn't be making any sense, but regardless you must do as what you're programed to do.
... you must construct additional pylons ...
Putting this topic back on track...

Grim, is it possible make Turning the HTML on or off as an optional for threads instead?
Pages: 1 2