The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Audiophilia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Plus they're hardly even worth the price tag. You can buy cans of similar quality at less than 1/4th of the price.

I also think that the people who got a pair of those recently are tools. LOL nakikiuso lang yan.
Hahaha ok thanks for confirming my thoughts. LOL
(11-21-2011, 10:48 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Opinions on Beats by Dr Dre? I keep seeing them on people's heads and I can't help but think they're tools (edit: the wearers). Please prove me wrong. LOL

I see some of these people at malls too LOL To put it simply, my most apt description would be "mukhang tanga". It doesn't make sense to wear headphones that are that big outdoors.

Anyway, I own a pair and they're now being used by my brother. They sound congested and shallow in terms of soundstage, and have a one note bass (no depth or detail) that sometimes bleeds into the recessed midrange. The treble is just decent, neither overemphasized nor detailed with average extension. My biggest complaint with them were when I used them to listen to songs with vocals. You really have to turn the volume up to be able to hear the vocals clearly, and when you do, the bass becomes way too strong for my tastes.

Even locally, you can get much better for the price. I guess they're okay as headphones, it's just that they're overpriced and offer mediocre quality.
Hahah so they're more about having something that's loudly branded and publicly visible. LOL Yay marketing.
Forgot to ask last time, suggested source? I'm thinking of replacing my Creative MuVo. 512mb is quite limiting T-T

btw, 4.7k for Grado SR60i, is that a good price?

Thanks in advance.
(11-22-2011, 06:57 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot to ask last time, suggested source? I'm thinking of replacing my Creative MuVo. 512mb is quite limiting T-T

btw, 4.7k for Grado SR60i, is that a good price?

Thanks in advance.

Nano 6G.
You can get a very decent 2nd hand Nano 4G/5G for around 2000!
Oh and 4.7k for SR60i is a pretty good price.

(11-22-2011, 11:55 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]You can get a very decent 2nd hand Nano 4G/5G for around 2000!

Yes but the nano 6G has the best sound quality in the entire lineup LOL It's also very small and the touchscreen is nice.
Hassle nga lang, you have to fish it out of your pockets to change tracks, or buy a new set of headphones with external control?
(11-22-2011, 09:54 PM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Hassle nga lang, you have to fish it out of your pockets to change tracks, or buy a new set of headphones with external control?

You can tap-tap on the power button now to change tracks even while its in your pocket since the button is on the upper right edge of the unit Smile
(11-22-2011, 11:51 AM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]Nano 6G.
how much?

tipidpc reports it at around 7.5k. i'll pass by the apple store in megamall on the way home to check.

oh and i checked the fiio site and there seems to be several models. which one to get if i am hooking it up to a pair of Grados?

thanks again.

What say you people? Which between the DT990 600Ω and HD650 has more sub-bass?

Btw: http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=115

Oooh, my wallet.
I bought audiophile slippers Shades
[Image: IMG_0150.jpg]

With the slippers on I can hear better instrument separation, deeper bass, crispy highs and warm mids Tongue
(01-03-2012, 10:32 AM)your mom Wrote: [ -> ]What say you people? Which between the DT990 600Ω and HD650 has more sub-bass?

Btw: http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=115

Oooh, my wallet.

I'd say the sub bass would be more pronounced on the DT990 because of the V-shaped response curve that they have, while the HD650 would have more mid bass presence since its more emphasized towards lower mids but is overall better balanced than the DT990. It's been some time since I've auditioned a 600ohm DT990 though.

Do you plan on buying the Hifimans? I'm keeping the HE-6s around only because they can be used with vintage receivers but otherwise their sound sig has always been a little too bright.
The hifimans are very tempting. For the longest time I've longed to know what the ultra linear bass extension and super speedy mids of a planar magnetic sounded like. Supposedly the HE-400 takes the sound of an HE-500 and gives it the bass of an LCD-2, which sounds amazing.

[Image: graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID%5B%...5B%5D=3221]

My local hifi shop has an HD650 for audition, but I'm not sure I'll be able to plug it in to my iPod. Maybe if I use their iDecco, but the problem is that its integrated headphone amp isn't powerful enough for my DT990 600Ω. At best I'd have to theorycraft, ask around or go off aural memory of what my DT990 sounds like on specific songs.

My DT990, for the most part, seems to be all mid-bass. It just doesn't have the sub-bass extension that my Denon does.

[Image: graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID%5B%...5B%5D=2241]

There's also the large treble spike, which could have a lot to do with making its sub-bass feel week. If I had a lesser treble spike, I could subconsciously turn the volume up on the HD650 and get a more authoritative sub-bass as a result.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17